ImageImageImageImageImage

Taking the pulse of Dubs fans: Who should be starting?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Gimme your four other starters:

Klay
9%
Draymond
22%
Wiggs
16%
Loon
7%
CP3
0%
Kuminga
20%
Moody
11%
Podz
6%
TJD
7%
Saric
2%

Total votes: 219

floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,832

Re: Taking the pulse of Dubs fans: Who should be starting? 

Post#101 » by floppymoose » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:37 pm

I would start Looney instead of Moody. And yes, Looney has been bad. I want to give him a chance for a Wiggins-like recovery. Starting doesnt mean he plays a lot if he still doesn't have it.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Post#102 » by EvanZ » Fri Feb 2, 2024 9:15 pm

floppymoose wrote:I would start Looney instead of Moody. And yes, Looney has been bad. I want to give him a chance for a Wiggins-like recovery. Starting doesnt mean he plays a lot if he still doesn't have it.

So your starting 5 is Steph/Wiggins/Kuminga/Draymond/Looney? Or is Klay in one of those slots?
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,579

Post#103 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Fri Feb 2, 2024 10:40 pm

EvanZ wrote:
floppymoose wrote:I would start Looney instead of Moody. And yes, Looney has been bad. I want to give him a chance for a Wiggins-like recovery. Starting doesnt mean he plays a lot if he still doesn't have it.

So your starting 5 is Steph/Wiggins/Kuminga/Draymond/Looney? Or is Klay in one of those slots?

My guess is that floppy is saving Klay a spot in Siberia.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Post#104 » by EvanZ » Fri Feb 2, 2024 11:41 pm

I mean bless his crazy heart but I can't imagine a lineup with 1 shooter working in the playoffs lol
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,694

Post#105 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Feb 3, 2024 12:43 am

Dray point center, good Klay shooting power forward, good Wiggins 2 way player, good Kuminga who scores efficiently inside while staying in front of off guards on defense, good Curry who’s warps defenses and terrorizes defenses. That is an undefendable 5.

The question is can Draymond play 25 minutes a game at center without wearing down?

Just forget about stopping the other team inside and just outscore the other team.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,832

Post#106 » by floppymoose » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:08 am

EvanZ wrote:

So your starting 5 is Steph/Wiggins/Kuminga/Draymond/Looney?

Correct. But Looney likely plays a lot less minutes than other starters.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,019

Post#107 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:38 am

EvanZ wrote:Moody/Wiggins/Kuminga/Draymond

it's what the poll says

Might be the best lineup (+Steph obviously) come playoff time. Not sure it's enough shooting though. Could also go Moody/Klay/Wiggins_or_Kuminga/Draymond

Choose one of Wiggins or Kuminga whichever is shooting better.

Wiggins or Kuminga? Do you still think Klay in for one of them might be the better choice?
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
BayAreaDub
Junior
And1: 205

Post#108 » by BayAreaDub » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:41 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:

it's what the poll says

Might be the best lineup (+Steph obviously) come playoff time. Not sure it's enough shooting though. Could also go Moody/Klay/Wiggins_or_Kuminga/Draymond

Wiggins or Kuminga? Do you still think Klay in for one of them might be the better choice?

It’s Moody or Klay for me. +Wiggins/JK/Dray
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,797

Post#109 » by michaelm » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:51 am

BayAreaDub wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:

it's what the poll says

Recently Kuminga and Wiggins seem to play well together. Imo Wiggins is less good offensively including deferring to Klay too much when they are on court together, while it is good he doesn’t take shots away from Curry or current Kuminga.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,019

Post#110 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:58 am

michaelm wrote:
BayAreaDub wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Wiggins or Kuminga? Do you still think Klay in for one of them might be the better choice?

Recently Kuminga and Wiggins seem to play well together. Imo Wighins is less good offensively including deferring to Klay too much when they are on court together, while it is good he doesn’t take shots away from Curry or current Kuminga.

Wiggs is a great role player for us. He's still essential to defending the SGAs and Anthony Edwards. At least until Moody proves he can pick up that slack.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,694

Post#111 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Feb 3, 2024 8:44 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:

it's what the poll says

If Draymond is playing center then Wiggins Kuminga and Klay can all start.

If you hate Klay and love Moody you can swap Moody for Klay. I would still go with Klay over Moody for a better offense.
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,387

Post#112 » by SpreeS » Sat Feb 3, 2024 9:18 am

Green Kuminga Wiggs lineup

Only 13g 135min 121ortg 100drtg +21nrtg

Green/Kuminga/Wiggs + Curry

12g 133min 122ortg 100drtg +22nrtg

Green/Kuminga/Wiggs/Curry + Klay

11g 78min 109ortg 98drtg +11nrtg

Green/Kuminga/Wiggs/Curry + Podziemski

7g 52min 135ortg 95drtg +40nrtg

Trade Paul, Klay must start game on the bench. Use only one C at time

Green (Looney/Davis/Saric)
Kuminga/Green
Wiggs/Moody
Podziemski/Klay
Curry/Payton

Play Green at center for start and finish games - max 12-15min
All 3 centers must play only at C position. 36min could be divided for them depending on matchups.
Don’t play Wiggs at PF, Green and Kuminga enough for that
SF - Wiggs and Moody
G - Podziemski must be 2nd combo guard after Curry and Klay must play max 24/26min. Payton and Moody would eat the left guards minutes.

C Green 12min Looney/Saric/Davis 36min
PF Kuminga 32min Green 16min
SF Wiggs 30min Moody 18min
SG Podziemski 12min Klay 24min Payton 12min
PG Curry 33min Podziemski 15min

Moody, Payton, Podziemski, Klay will eat more minutes then someone will miss games.

Trade Paul to Orlando for Carter and Ingles. Paul will help ORL a lot for fighting for PO spot.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,287

Post#113 » by Impuniti » Sat Feb 3, 2024 2:01 pm

Saric is a 4, whenever he's a 5 it's a complete disaster IMO. Start him when Dray is at the 5 and give Dray a break when one of Loon/TJD is at the 5.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,095

Post#114 » by CDM_Stats » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:50 pm

Kinda stunned that Klay is at 3x of Podz

Also I love Moody but the legend is creeping past the man.. I'd love to see him start just to see how he'd do in the role, because I think we all want him to get a fair shake, but Podz has passed him a while back in terms of the overall game. Moody *could* be better but so many questions still unanswered with him. With Podz, we already know what he looks like when hot, and when the shot isnt there. Moody.. we dont know. To either
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#115 » by killmongrel » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:02 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:Kinda stunned that Klay is at 3x of Podz

Also I love Moody but the legend is creeping past the man.. I'd love to see him start just to see how he'd do in the role, because I think we all want him to get a fair shake, but Podz has passed him a while back in terms of the overall game. Moody *could* be better but so many questions still unanswered with him. With Podz, we already know what he looks like when hot, and when the shot isnt there. Moody.. we dont know. To either

I really want to see a Steph/Wiggins/Moody/Kuminga/Draymond lineup.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#116 » by marthafokker » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:09 pm

killmongrel wrote:

Me too. With Klay starting, he gets 5 chucks, no D, and down 10 already 5 minutes in, and hope Kerr stops the bleeding before game is over.

I like Klay off the bench, against 2nd strings. And backup needs a little bit of shooting now with JK starting.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,095

Post#117 » by CDM_Stats » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:10 pm

marthafokker wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

Me too. With Klay starting, he gets 5 chucks, no D, and down 10 already 5 minutes in, and hope Kerr stops the bleeding before game is over.

I like Klay off the bench, against 2nd strings. And backup needs a little bit of shooting now with JK starting.

I'm 100% on board with seeing the idea, I just took the question as "who deserves to be starting now" more than a preference. If its just preferences then I definitely get it and I think I'd go that route as well. On paper, Moody fits the new needs better than most trade targets. Bridges is a perfect fit but will cost a ton, DJM is close but he's a better POA defender and his shot is a new development
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#118 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sun Feb 4, 2024 4:00 am

I'm more shocked saric has as many votes as podz. Let giving some people what they want with these klay and saric minutes.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,177

Post#119 » by watch1958 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 5:13 am

Moody doesn't need to start. He should have been getting around 24 minutes every game. Just let him play.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,287

Post#120 » by Impuniti » Sun Feb 4, 2024 9:16 am

marthafokker wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

I don't remember who but 2? months ago on here someone looked into and stated Klay vs bench units was doing very well +/-. Using him for 15MPG in that role could be great, but unfortunately there's no chance of seeing that this season.

Return to Golden State Warriors