2/8: Game 48 Warriors (23-25) @ Pacers (29-23) 4:00pm

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Hoopstar23
Veteran
And1: 1,931

Re: 2/8: Game 48 Warriors (23-25) @ Pacers (29-23) 4:00pm 

Post#181 » by Hoopstar23 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:26 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
Dom801e wrote:Even Klay off the bench for less minutes would be a big upgrade.
Keep starters as last night.

I want Klay instead of Podz or alternate Klay and Podz every few minutes.

Klay and Wiggins should not try to carry the team. They are better playing within the flow but stll being aggressive and looking to score.
Klay has to be a scoring threat for us to win a playoff series against anybody. I love what Kuminga is doing and what Kuminga is doing takes some pressure off Curry and Klay but I think we still need Klay.

Like Wiggins and Looney I do not want to lose Klay. I want better Klay Wiggins and Looney and I am willing to play them less minutes but I still want them to contribute. I stll want Klay to play with Dray and Curry because I think they help each other.

Kuminga should start from now on but Kuminga can also play with Chris Paul and Quinones without Curry and Dray.

Ut UH if I am playing Kuminga, Chris Paul and Quinones with the bench where does Moody play? The Moody stans will kill me if I don’t play Moody.Moody can be the small forward with Kuminga, Saric, Quinones and Chris Paul but if Moody does not bring energy I am replacing Moody with Santos.

I get that you want Klay for his shooting but his defense is way too poor... every time opposing defenses attack Klay, getting blown by or losing his man true a screen, not giving any effort, our defense collapses, every single **** time! we are not seeing that anymore with the current lineup right now... no Klay means better defense... He has to come off the bench for the betterment of the team
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,939

Post#182 » by cdubbz » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:35 am

HiRez wrote:
cdubbz wrote:I still can't get over Steph hitting the 3 while being double teamed.

It was a full on 2 defenders on him on the perimeter! Never seen anything like it.

It's moves like that that will get you benched fast by Kerr, apparently. Curry got pulled shortly after that.

I don't think he did it because of that play, but to get in his rest.

I would have preferred to wait for Curry to miss from deep, but there was 3 minutes left in the 1st.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,287

Post#183 » by Impuniti » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:14 am

Hoopstar23 wrote:

Klay and Wiggins should not try to carry the team. They are better playing within the flow but stll being aggressive and looking to score.
Klay has to be a scoring threat for us to win a playoff series against anybody. I love what Kuminga is doing and what Kuminga is doing takes some pressure off Curry and Klay but I think we still need Klay.

Like Wiggins and Looney I do not want to lose Klay. I want better Klay Wiggins and Looney and I am willing to play them less minutes but I still want them to contribute. I stll want Klay to play with Dray and Curry because I think they help each other.

Kuminga should start from now on but Kuminga can also play with Chris Paul and Quinones without Curry and Dray.

Ut UH if I am playing Kuminga, Chris Paul and Quinones with the bench where does Moody play? The Moody stans will kill me if I don’t play Moody.Moody can be the small forward with Kuminga, Saric, Quinones and Chris Paul but if Moody does not bring energy I am replacing Moody with Santos.

I get that you want Klay for his shooting but his defense is way too poor... every time opposing defenses attack Klay, getting blown by or losing his man true a screen, not giving any effort, our defense collapses, every single **** time! we are not seeing that anymore with the current lineup right now... no Klay means better defense... He has to come off the bench for the betterment of the team

It's amazing that people watch how horrible he is on a regular basis and think it's ok, he can shoot from 3 and sometimes is a solid off ball player and that's needed. Not only should he come off the bench, his minutes should be cut off by half. If he played vs other teams' bench units, he would finally start being an actual positive on the court.

Though obviously with his agent and professional therapist Kerr none of this is going to happen.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,694

Post#184 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:34 am

Hoopstar23 wrote:

Klay is good at passing to Trayce for a guy who is not known for his passing. Traceis our only shot blocker. If people are going to beat Klay off the dribble having Trace on the floor might help.

So I propose 2 Curry Dray Kuminga units.
1 unit Trayce Dray klay Kuminga Curry
2nd unit Dray Kuminga Wiggins Podz Curry
Hoopstar23
Veteran
And1: 1,931

Post#185 » by Hoopstar23 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:40 am

Hoopstar23 wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:I want Klay instead of Podz or alternate Klay and Podz every few minutes.

Klay is good at passing to Trayce for a guy who is not known for his passing. Traceis our only shot blocker. If people are going to beat Klay off the dribble having Trace on the floor might help.

there's a reason Trayce gets limited minutes... hes too small to be a 5 and likely too slow to be a 4
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#186 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:57 am

Hoopstar23 wrote:
Hoopstar23 wrote:

there's a reason Trayce gets limited minutes... hes too small to be a 5 and likely too slow to be a 4

Trayce is not too slow to be a power forward. Trayce is about the same speed as the average power forward. Most NBA power forwards now days are better outside shooters than Trayce.

Trayce is small for a center but Trayce Looney and Saric are all 6’ 9”. Trayce looks about the same weight as Looney. i think Saric might be about 10 pounds heavier. Saric is one of the slowest people in the NBA. Saric moves intelligently but damn is he slow.

I assume that Trayce is making rookie mistakes that I am not seeing. Trayce may alo have hit the rookie wall that rookies hit because they are not used to NBA seasons being longer than college seasons. Trayce was fabulous when he first started getting playing time and Trayce had great stats. In the last month Trayce has not looked as energetic and his per minute stats have been falling.

Looney is barely playing. Kerr is rolling with Draymond at center and it is working.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#187 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:44 am

Pacers was game 49 not game 48

Return to Golden State Warriors