ImageImageImageImageImage

Steve Kerr - This group can be "Special."

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,287

Re: Steve Kerr - This group can be "Special." 

Post#21 » by Impuniti » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:32 pm

Romulus wrote:And CP3 is soon to return. And that's means 30 minutes of playing time each game, starting often, and always closing. Why? Because Kerr thinks he's needed to "unlock" Steph Curry.

This team would objectively be much better if Kerr wasn't doing such a spectacularly crap job at coaching and rotations

- CP3 should be playing 20MPG, almost never with Curry
- Klay 15-20MPG max, doesn't start and only closes if he's on a roll
- Stop playing 3 or 4 guard lineups, only exceptions are with GPII and two other guards
- Stop playing Looney as much as he does, especially when he's playing like crap (95% of the season)

Even with other issues, this alone would have the Warriors with a minimum 5 extra wins into this season.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,216

Post#22 » by cpower » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:44 pm

multo wrote:Well, the group was certainly special tonight, mainly SC30.

yup this group would be really special if Steph is going for 40+ on 90%TS every night
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,373

Post#23 » by Onus » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:46 pm

Really the season rides on how Kerr is able to mix and match players against the opponent. He has to play matchups and the hot hand rather than the contracts. How Steve navigates that issue will determine this seasons outcome.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#24 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:58 pm

I hate to rag on my guy Klay this much but if he continues to play we ain't winning anything.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Chupchup
Junior
And1: 96

Post#25 » by Chupchup » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:03 pm

I don't see anything wrong with his comment. We played all the top teams well. It'll be a tightrope and things will have to go our way with matchup.

With Draymond helping as the passer and PG, he makes the Wigs/Kuminga combo work. Dray/Wigs/Kuming like 129 offensive rating with 99 defensive rating.

Add Steph and another person it's a very very solid 5.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,177

Post#26 » by watch1958 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:07 pm

Chupchup wrote:I don't see anything wrong with his comment. We played all the top teams well. It'll be a tightrope and things will have to go our way with matchup.

With Draymond helping as the passer and PG, he makes the Wigs/Kuminga combo work. Dray/Wigs/Kuming like 129 offensive rating with 99 defensive rating.

Add Steph and another person it's a very very solid 5.
They have 6 games against WC competition coming up. Time for Kerr to show what he’s learned.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 459

Post#27 » by superunknown » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:07 pm

Impuniti wrote:
Romulus wrote:And CP3 is soon to return. And that's means 30 minutes of playing time each game, starting often, and always closing. Why? Because Kerr thinks he's needed to "unlock" Steph Curry.

This team would objectively be much better if Kerr wasn't doing such a spectacularly crap job at coaching and rotations

- CP3 should be playing 20MPG, almost never with Curry
- Klay 15-20MPG max, doesn't start and only closes if he's on a roll
- Stop playing 3 or 4 guard lineups, only exceptions are with GPII and two other guards
- Stop playing Looney as much as he does, especially when he's playing like crap (95% of the season)

Even with other issues, this alone would have the Warriors with a minimum 5 extra wins into this season.

indeed.
they lost like a dozen games by 1 point or a possession difference, and the main reason was they couldn't get an effing stop down the stretch and, on top, couldn't generate an easier offensive possession but always attack vs set defense. that's because kerr' rotations and closing lineups.
even if still losing half of those games, they could be easily sitting at 29-20 which would've been 5th seed in the west. ridiculous.
that impostor on thesideline has been coaching with his ass all season, he needs to wake the f*** up and start to (re)do his job, which is not to cater for a bunch of old geezer and fragile ego cubs but to coach the team in the best way possible.
B-King
Rookie
And1: 208

Post#28 » by B-King » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:09 pm

The line-up has some possibilities, but the free throw disparity when playing teams like the Lakers and Nuggets will be our downfall.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 364

Post#29 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:04 pm

B-King wrote:The line-up has some possibilities, but the free throw disparity when playing teams like the Lakers and Nuggets will be our downfall.

I like that Kuminga is drawing fouls to get to the line because of his physicality and aggressiveness. So, it's encouraging to see that refs are going to start respecting that part of his game as he furthers into his pro career.

No one else on this team does that other than Curry, who gets trashed around and makes those ridiculous circus-like layups and makes them.. and gets no calls at least 90% of the time. He could easily average 30+ points a game throughout his career, but the refs/NBA doesn't want him to do that.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,476

Post#30 » by Big J » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:41 pm

The Kuminga Curry P&R with Kuminga as the ball handler and Curry the screener would be literally unstoppable if we actually did it. Kuminga with a head of steam and nobody wanting to help off of Curry.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,216

Post#31 » by cpower » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:57 pm

Big J wrote:The Kuminga Curry P&R with Kuminga as the ball handler and Curry the screener would be literally unstoppable if we actually did it. Kuminga with a head of steam and nobody wanting to help off of Curry.

last 8 game:
Curry
34.5 PPG
53% FG, 48% 3P..dude is playing out of his mind.

I would be more interested to see how we are doing consistently when Curry is not in god mode.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,832

Post#32 » by floppymoose » Fri Feb 9, 2024 9:34 pm

Ive said earlier a few different things about GS this season. Some are uppers and some are downers, but i’m beginning to think they are all true.

Downers:
Klay sux
Steph is declining
The team is not a contender, even with a trade

Uppers:
Steph still awesome
Dray playing well this year
Would not be surprised at a big win streak in second half of season
JK will keep improving

GSW is actually 7th in the west if you go by point differential. They could surprise some team if they make it into playoffs.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,402

Post#33 » by SpreeChokeJob » Fri Feb 9, 2024 10:41 pm

A lot of this season hinges on Kerr and his addiction to smol balls. I believe the Warriors have to play larger if they want to meet the final boss (Denver) with a chance. If they make it that far, there is no way they can play Podz in the starting lineup, nor Klay. In that case, I won’t even need to watch the series because the outcome will be determined by the starting lineup and I can save myself the frustration.

Moody has to make it where they have the size to compete. Also TJD also needs to be ready because all bigs need to be on deck for Jokic. So it’s up to Kerr to get those two ready by playing them. Quinones is less important but getting more minutes. So Kerr is going to make the same mistakes as last year. When they need TJD or Moses they won’t be ready because he didn’t play them or include them other than as secondary roles like having JK standing in the corner all last year and parts of this year.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#34 » by Impuniti » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:11 am

SpreeChokeJob wrote:A lot of this season hinges on Kerr and his addiction to smol balls. I believe the Warriors have to play larger if they want to meet the final boss (Denver) with a chance. If they make it that far, there is no way they can play Podz in the starting lineup, nor Klay. In that case, I won’t even need to watch the series because the outcome will be determined by the starting lineup and I can save myself the frustration.

Moody has to make it where they have the size to compete. Also TJD also needs to be ready because all bigs need to be on deck for Jokic. So it’s up to Kerr to get those two ready by playing them. Quinones is less important but getting more minutes. So Kerr is going to make the same mistakes as last year. When they need TJD or Moses they won’t be ready because he didn’t play them or include them other than as secondary roles like having JK standing in the corner all last year and parts of this year.

Lets not call it small ball :lol: That's a huge insult to that Iggy-Dray lineup, this needs a different name, micro-ball, I'****, just something different.

I'd love to see more Moody. Also interesting aspect is Podz played elite defense vs one of the most elite offensive teams in the league vs the Pacers. They shot an appalling # when they were defended by him.
B-King
Rookie
And1: 208

Post#35 » by B-King » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:34 am

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
B-King wrote:The line-up has some possibilities, but the free throw disparity when playing teams like the Lakers and Nuggets will be our downfall.

I like that Kuminga is drawing fouls to get to the line because of his physicality and aggressiveness. So, it's encouraging to see that refs are going to start respecting that part of his game as he furthers into his pro career.

No one else on this team does that other than Curry, who gets trashed around and makes those ridiculous circus-like layups and makes them.. and gets no calls at least 90% of the time. He could easily average 30+ points a game throughout his career, but the refs/NBA doesn't want him to do that.

Officiating gets downhill on the Dubs quick. Just hate seeing them called on the marginal fouls against the Warriors then holding my breathe every time Curry goes down after contact with no whistle.

Kuminga is making up for the ft attempts that Poole use to take. I don’t understand how Poole went to the line so often, while Curry barely gets a call. I guess it helps to not play defense and just work the refs.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,694

Post#36 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:23 pm

floppymoose wrote:Ive said earlier a few different things about GS this season. Some are uppers and some are downers, but i’m beginning to think they are all true.

Downers:
Klay sux
Steph is declining
The team is not a contender, even with a trade

Uppers:
Steph still awesome
Dray playing well this year
Would not be surprised at a big win streak in second half of season
JK will keep improving

GSW is actually 7th in the west if you go by point differential. They could surprise some team if they make it into playoffs.

I have dropped my hopes back to 2007 We Believe levels. No more chamionship dreams. Warriors knocking off the Clippers in the 1st round playoff series will be good enough for me.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,694

Post#37 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:36 pm

Impuniti wrote:
SpreeChokeJob wrote:A lot of this season hinges on Kerr and his addiction to smol balls. I believe the Warriors have to play larger if they want to meet the final boss (Denver) with a chance. If they make it that far, there is no way they can play Podz in the starting lineup, nor Klay. In that case, I won’t even need to watch the series because the outcome will be determined by the starting lineup and I can save myself the frustration.

Lets not call it small ball :lol: That's a huge insult to that Iggy-Dray lineup, this needs a different name, micro-ball, I'****, just something different.

I'd love to see more Moody. Also interesting aspect is Podz played elite defense vs one of the most elite offensive teams in the league vs the Pacers. They shot an appalling # when they were defended by him.

1st round playoff win is about as much as I can hope for.
I want Warriors with best of current Warriors combined with the peak versions of Steph, Klay, Dray, 2008 Chris Paul, 2022 Wiggins and Looney. But then we are stillto small so lets combine Bogut onto Trayce to make big experienced Trayce and fast jumping Bogut. My imaginary team would win the chamionship but the real Warriors beating the Clippers in the 1st round is all I can realistically hope for.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#38 » by Impuniti » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:07 pm

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
Impuniti wrote:

I want Warriors with best of current Warriors combined with the peak versions of Steph, Klay, Dray, 2008 Chris Paul, 2022 Wiggins and Looney. But then we are stillto small so lets combine Bogut onto Trayce to make big experienced Trayce and fast jumping Bogut. My imaginary team would win the chamionship but the real Warriors beating the Clippers in the 1st round is all I can realistically hope for.

They can peak as a top 6-7 team but for that, micro-ball needs to die, players need to play on merit and the Klay anchor needs to be treated practically over favoritism. You could add Klay to the 3-4 best teams in the league at the start of the season while giving them 30 minutes, and their W-L ratio looks completely different.

This team maybe can't win but I believe they can make the WCF as long as Nuggets aren't in their way if Kerr stops messing about.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,476

Post#39 » by Big J » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:02 pm

Impuniti wrote:
Impuniti wrote:Lets not call it small ball :lol: That's a huge insult to that Iggy-Dray lineup, this needs a different name, micro-ball, I'****, just something different.

They can peak as a top 6-7 team but for that, micro-ball needs to die, players need to play on merit and the Klay anchor needs to be treated practically over favoritism. You could add Klay to the 3-4 best teams in the league at the start of the season while giving them 30 minutes, and their W-L ratio looks completely different.

This team maybe can't win but I believe they can make the WCF as long as Nuggets aren't in their way if Kerr stops messing about.

I'd never count any team with Curry on it out. What he did last night no one else in the league is capable of. Nuggets are actually one of the teams that we could have a shot against. We know the blueprint for beating them from what we did in 2022. Put Jokic in every ball screen action on defense and wear him down. Curry and even Poole cooked him badly in that series.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,373

Post#40 » by Onus » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:46 pm

Big J wrote:
Impuniti wrote:

I'd never count any team with Curry on it out. What he did last night no one else in the league is capable of. Nuggets are actually one of the teams that we could have a shot against. We know the blueprint for beating them from what we did in 2022. Put Jokic in every ball screen action on defense and wear him down. Curry and even Poole cooked him badly in that series.

Seriously there’s no dominant team out there that is going to run away with it. Nuggets still look like the best team but we have as good of a shot as anyone.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)

Return to Golden State Warriors