ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2024 Offseason Moves

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

TB
General Manager
And1: 1,160

Re: Official 2024 Offseason Moves 

Post#261 » by TB » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:29 pm

I keep finding Dray's salary and skillset as a match for various teams until I realize the team has someone he has totally burnt bridges with and can't be traded to because of it. Dray a genius for making sure he can't be traded lol
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,089

Post#262 » by CDM_Stats » Wed May 1, 2024 3:29 am

Twinkie defense wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
Romulus wrote:Get Lauri and Isaac. Those two moves give you size, shooting, defense, athleticism.

You offer JK, Podz, and two first rounds picks for Lauri (young players and draft picks -- two things very appealing to Ainge).

You swap CP3 in a sign-and-trade for Isaac.

A championship team? Nah, probably not. But at least you're improved.

Isaac is definitely not going to go to the Warriors. One, we cant S&T because we are above 1st apron. Two, Isaac is under contract. Three, Isaac is worth way more than CP3s expiring

I'd also be wary of trading for 2 injury prone power forwards by using future assets

Adding (27-year old!) Lauri Markkanen would be a huge, defining move for the Warriors. I don't see Danny Ange moving off him though.

Even without injury concerns, I think he’s gone from underrated to overrated in just a 2 year span. My bet is Ainge sells him off because he doesn’t want to pay top coin for a guy who’s extremely one way and doesn’t create. Jazz are doing what fans always want their teams to do.. pump and dump

Very few teams that could make it worth it. Knicks and Magic jump to mind, but Magic have a ton of PF already. OKC maybe too, but may not even need him

Personally I think he’d be great for San Antonio, who won’t need Sochan as much w Wemby erasing shots down low. They’re much better than their record this year too
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#263 » by CDM_Stats » Wed May 1, 2024 5:02 am

Watching Mobley in this ORL/CLE series.. there's no way he's going to be available. Their big man depth beyond him and Allen is nil, and he's a 2-way star. Blocked Franz to save the game for them at home, such a crucial play

I would love to be wrong but we could offer all our young players and some picks and I dont see how CLE budges. He's had a very steady incline 3 years in a row.. legit cornerstone of a team. I could see him getting moved for someone like AD, if CLE feels they are close to the Finals, or in the very unlikely event that Giannis bails on MIL after that poorly thought out Lillard trade. But they look like they have a contending starting lineup right now.. just need legitimate depth behind them. Its Okoro, Levert and a bunch of scrubs

Watching the playoffs this year should make it very clear that the Warriors are going to be pissing into the wind the next 2 seasons. So many teams with a great young core who are just a good veteran or quality depth away from being legit contenders
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,366

Post#264 » by Onus » Wed May 1, 2024 12:04 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
Twinkie defense wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
Isaac is definitely not going to go to the Warriors. One, we cant S&T because we are above 1st apron. Two, Isaac is under contract. Three, Isaac is worth way more than CP3s expiring

I'd also be wary of trading for 2 injury prone power forwards by using future assets

Adding (27-year old!) Lauri Markkanen would be a huge, defining move for the Warriors. I don't see Danny Ange moving off him though.

Even without injury concerns, I think he’s gone from underrated to overrated in just a 2 year span. My bet is Ainge sells him off because he doesn’t want to pay top coin for a guy who’s extremely one way and doesn’t create. Jazz are doing what fans always want their teams to do.. pump and dump

Very few teams that could make it worth it. Knicks and Magic jump to mind, but Magic have a ton of PF already. OKC maybe too, but may not even need him

Personally I think he’d be great for San Antonio, who won’t need Sochan as much w Wemby erasing shots down low. They’re much better than their record this year too

Yea I don’t think ainge wants to sign him which is why ainge is always leaking Lauri isn’t available unless you give us a god father offer. Ainge has continually chosen to tank at the deadline. He knows he can’t build around what he has currently.

I don’t think Lauri is solely a 1 way player. His defense has improved. He has length to disrupt shots. He’s mobile enough to close out and cover ground. He was able to hold his own against joker.

And really the Jazz rarely even ran any action involving Lauri. They really let their guards isolate given all the space Lauri creates for them. I think there’s another level Lauri can get to just by involving him in more actions.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
vvoland
Senior
And1: 111

Post#265 » by vvoland » Wed May 1, 2024 5:02 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:Watching Mobley in this ORL/CLE series.. there's no way he's going to be available. Their big man depth beyond him and Allen is nil, and he's a 2-way star. Blocked Franz to save the game for them at home, such a crucial play

I would love to be wrong but we could offer all our young players and some picks and I dont see how CLE budges. He's had a very steady incline 3 years in a row.. legit cornerstone of a team. I could see him getting moved for someone like AD, if CLE feels they are close to the Finals, or in the very unlikely event that Giannis bails on MIL after that poorly thought out Lillard trade. But they look like they have a contending starting lineup right now.. just need legitimate depth behind them. Its Okoro, Levert and a bunch of scrubs

Watching the playoffs this year should make it very clear that the Warriors are going to be pissing into the wind the next 2 seasons. So many teams with a great young core who are just a good veteran or quality depth away from being legit contenders

That part seems hyperbolic. Wagner cooked him repeatedly in game 4, paolo went for 30+ in game 5. While I like mobley defensively, he may be a bit overrated on that end (remember the DPOY votes last season?). I haven't heard anyone call him a star offensively, to be honest. Can't really create for himself, definitely can't create for others. Not a shooter. Isn't a post player. What are you seeing that gives you the feeling he's going to be a star on the offensive end?

The block to seal the game was terrific. Can't understand why Orl went to Franz to end the game (last two possessions) when Paolo was on fire and Franz had his worst offensive game of the series. Franz was 2-9 before those last two possessions and while he got a tough layup to go on the first, also on mobley, he got rightfully rejected on the 2nd. Hard to believe they didn't go to Paolo on either and/or both of those plays.

I don't think he's available, at all, by the way.
Onus
RealGM

Post#266 » by Onus » Wed May 1, 2024 5:51 pm

vvoland wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:Watching Mobley in this ORL/CLE series.. there's no way he's going to be available. Their big man depth beyond him and Allen is nil, and he's a 2-way star. Blocked Franz to save the game for them at home, such a crucial play

That part seems hyperbolic. Wagner cooked him repeatedly in game 4, paolo went for 30+ in game 5. While I like mobley defensively, he may be a bit overrated on that end (remember the DPOY votes last season?). I haven't heard anyone call him a star offensively, to be honest. Can't really create for himself, definitely can't create for others. Not a shooter. Isn't a post player. What are you seeing that gives you the feeling he's going to be a star on the offensive end?

The block to seal the game was terrific. Can't understand why Orl went to Franz to end the game (last two possessions) when Paolo was on fire and Franz had his worst offensive game of the series. Franz was 2-9 before those last two possessions and while he got a tough layup to go on the first, also on mobley, he got rightfully rejected on the 2nd. Hard to believe they didn't go to Paolo on either and/or both of those plays.

I think some Cavs fans feel like they are better when they have a single big and run a 4 out system than with 2 bigs. But we really don't have a piece that gives them a 4 out system.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#267 » by CDM_Stats » Wed May 1, 2024 6:00 pm

vvoland wrote:

Wagner is shooting 35% against him for the series. Paolo cooked Okoro, not Mobley. And he profiles as someone who can do more offensively if Mitchell and Garland didnt dominate touches. His numbers, aside from usage, keep going up. Seriously, look at all his "advanced" stats. TS, up. REBRATE, up. AST%, up. STL%, up. BLK%.. mostly static. Averaging 16ppg as a clear 3rd option AND while sharing the rim-running duties with Jarrett Allen. Doesn't create but has great vision - like a better verison of Kuminga in that regard. Spiked his shooting numbers this year, albeit on low volume, but always had it in his bucket since USC. He's a textbook modern bigman and the Cavs are leaving value on the table with him and Allen sharing space. But they have no depth so they're kinda stuck

I was a little bit confused by the choice there, but I think Paolo saw, when he gave up the ball on the last play, that the Cavs were planning on defending him with 2 people and going to force him to give it up. From what I've seen, Magic really trust Paolo and Franz to make the right plays, as they lack a real PG. Franz saw an opening and went for it, Mobley made a great play. But it shows why having a true lead guard would be helpful for them
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,222

Post#268 » by DonaldSanders » Wed May 1, 2024 11:02 pm

I would love to be wrong but we could offer all our young players and some picks and I dont see how CLE budges.

Yeah I like Mobley a lot. I feel like he's being underutilized on the offensive end, Cleveland did that with Lauri too. I'm not quite as high as you are on him overall, but pretty close. There's no way Cleveland moves him.

Mobley is frustrating because at the time I wanted us to trade both our picks + Wiseman to move up and get him. Then I think of Anthony Edwards and how I wanted us to pay whatever it took to trade up to #1, as he was someone I thought was a sure thing. Sigh...
vvoland
Senior

Post#269 » by vvoland » Wed May 1, 2024 11:33 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
vvoland wrote:

Wagner is shooting 35% against him for the series. Paolo cooked Okoro, not Mobley. And he profiles as someone who can do more offensively if Mitchell and Garland didnt dominate touches. His numbers, aside from usage, keep going up. Seriously, look at all his "advanced" stats. TS, up. REBRATE, up. AST%, up. STL%, up. BLK%.. mostly static. Averaging 16ppg as a clear 3rd option AND while sharing the rim-running duties with Jarrett Allen. Doesn't create but has great vision - like a better verison of Kuminga in that regard. Spiked his shooting numbers this year, albeit on low volume, but always had it in his bucket since USC. He's a textbook modern bigman and the Cavs are leaving value on the table with him and Allen sharing space. But they have no depth so they're kinda stuck

I was a little bit confused by the choice there, but I think Paolo saw, when he gave up the ball on the last play, that the Cavs were planning on defending him with 2 people and going to force him to give it up. From what I've seen, Magic really trust Paolo and Franz to make the right plays, as they lack a real PG. Franz saw an opening and went for it, Mobley made a great play. But it shows why having a true lead guard would be helpful for them

I guess I just don't really see it. To be honest, I was down on him pre-draft and can admit there may be some pre-draft bias at work. I just don't see him as a real option on offense and a non-stretch 4, in today's game, is a pretty limited offensive player. Not sure he'll hold up full time at center and definitely can't play the 3 (the KD comps pre-draft were just high as a kite). If he can't create his own offense or create for others, is he not just a healthier jonathan isaac (Isaac's defense might be a level higher than mobley but admit I've seen a limited # of cleveland and orl games)? That might be a bit low on his offense but I definitely don't see a 'star' on that end.

I also think you're downplaying how many opportunities he's had to drive Cle's offense. Garland and Mitchell both missed chunks of this season and last. He's had stretches as the well-entrenched no 2 for long chunks of the season and, in most games, he's often the 2nd option on the floor. Most of the offense I've seen is either spoon-fed from Mitchell or Garland or off offensive rebounds. I agree that sharing the floor with Allen hampers his offense but it also buttresses his defense. They'll have to split up the bigs (and probably split up the guards) so we'll find out if he can carry a team on either side of the ball. My vote is yes on the defensive side, hard no on the offensive side. Will he ever be better than Kevin Love on offense? "That's a no for me, dawg."
vvoland
Senior

Post#270 » by vvoland » Wed May 1, 2024 11:45 pm

DonaldSanders wrote:

I would love to be wrong but we could offer all our young players and some picks and I dont see how CLE budges.

Yeah I like Mobley a lot. I feel like he's being underutilized on the offensive end, Cleveland did that with Lauri too. I'm not quite as high as you are on him overall, but pretty close. There's no way Cleveland moves him.

Mobley is frustrating because at the time I wanted us to trade both our picks + Wiseman to move up and get him. Then I think of Anthony Edwards and how I wanted us to pay whatever it took to trade up to #1, as he was someone I thought was a sure thing. Sigh...

I saw a lot of Edwards's games at Georgia and I'm curious what you saw that foreshadowed a hyper-competitive killer on the floor and an obsessive work ethic off it? I saw him blossoming once he got into the league and, at that point, he seemed like a sure-fire all-nba level player (not by his 4th season, but still, all-nba level). Nothing at Georgia that I saw would indicate that type of play. Upside, absolutely, but he was not in great shape, didn't attack the rim with real force, put up a bunch of lazy 3s at sub 30% and was not a player that took pride in his defense.

I was 100% wrong on both he and lamelo but while I saw very little of ball in the NBL, I saw a ton of Ant and he did not look anything like he does now. What made you think "sure thing"?
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,222

Post#271 » by DonaldSanders » Thu May 2, 2024 12:05 am

vvoland wrote:I saw a lot of Edwards's games at Georgia and I'm curious what you saw that foreshadowed a hyper-competitive killer on the floor and an obsessive work ethic off it? I saw him blossoming once he got into the league and, at that point, he seemed like a sure-fire all-nba level player (not by his 4th season, but still, all-nba level). Nothing at Georgia that I saw would indicate that type of play. Upside, absolutely, but he was not in great shape, didn't attack the rim with real force, put up a bunch of lazy 3s at sub 30% and was not a player that took pride in his defense.

I was 100% wrong on both he and lamelo but while I saw very little of ball in the NBL, I saw a ton of Ant and he did not look anything like he does now. What made you think "sure thing"?

Honestly I could have just gotten lucky, Mobley was the one I really felt strongly on. I don't watch much college so my pre-draft picks are of very low value :lol: I mostly just watched highlights and his jumper looked good enough that it could improve, and he is super athletic.

Like most fans I just have fun sharing the times I was right and pretending all my whiffs never existed!
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#272 » by CDM_Stats » Thu May 2, 2024 3:10 am

vvoland wrote:I guess I just don't really see it. To be honest, I was down on him pre-draft and can admit there may be some pre-draft bias at work. I just don't see him as a real option on offense and a non-stretch 4, in today's game, is a pretty limited offensive player. Not sure he'll hold up full time at center and definitely can't play the 3 (the KD comps pre-draft were just high as a kite). If he can't create his own offense or create for others, is he not just a healthier jonathan isaac (Isaac's defense might be a level higher than mobley but admit I've seen a limited # of cleveland and orl games)? That might be a bit low on his offense but I definitely don't see a 'star' on that end.

I also think you're downplaying how many opportunities he's had to drive Cle's offense. Garland and Mitchell both missed chunks of this season and last. He's had stretches as the well-entrenched no 2 for long chunks of the season and, in most games, he's often the 2nd option on the floor. Most of the offense I've seen is either spoon-fed from Mitchell or Garland or off offensive rebounds. I agree that sharing the floor with Allen hampers his offense but it also buttresses his defense. They'll have to split up the bigs (and probably split up the guards) so we'll find out if he can carry a team on either side of the ball. My vote is yes on the defensive side, hard no on the offensive side. Will he ever be better than Kevin Love on offense? "That's a no for me, dawg."

Might be some bias - not for me to say, very rare that people can ever admit it if there is. Most arent that self-aware.. I will say though that Mobley missed the majority of the games that Garland missed as well, and I only know that because I may have drafted both this season in what turned out to be a miserable fantasy season. Against my own family. And they dont know ****

He's definitely not a 3 - never remember KD comps but I believe it. Getting pretty sick of anyone seeing a 6'9+ guy that has a passable enough jumper getting comped to KD. I think Looney even got that comp.. or maybe it was someone else, but I remember it was equally ridiculous. Anyways, Mobley is a clear 5 in today's NBA. Not a muscly one, but few are anymore

By my count had 7 games without DG, including his 1st game back from major injury and the final game of the season. 13 games without Mitchell and his usage spiked in those games. Only 2 games where both were out, the 2nd game of the season and the final game of the season, and Strus was the usual benefactor when one of the perimeter guys was out. Mainly because the Cavs offense caters to it, and frankly it should because they have 2 great perimeter players, and one pretty good one. But, as said before, every aspect of his game has steadily improved over 3 years, with exception of blocked shots, and I think you know my stance on those relative to actual team defense, where he excels. His offense and defensive impact grow when Allen is off court and he's the 5. His perimeter shot, which is the lynchpin of all this, has improved as well. There's no reason he can't jump from 16ppg to 20-22ppg if he was given the keys to the 5 hole, because he has the handles and skills to beat 5s off the dribble.

One issue that I think holds his offensive profile down is that he's not really great at any one thing. What he does have though, is a great balance across the board. Solidly above positional average for a 5 at everything. And like Franz, that's why he can definitely be an elite player because of his 2-way skills. Defensively, that shouldnt be in question. But can he be a credible #2? The profile certainly looks like he can. The improvement has been steady. Why not?

Even if he remains a #3 option, his defense is carrying the water. Its even arguable he's a 2 way star right now.. an efficient 16-9-3-1-1 with borderline elite defense? I'd say that's top 40.. give him the C position, top 20 looks really achievable. And if the jumper keeps improving.. top 10 is within reach too. I'd wager that his peak is going to surpass anyone's on their roster currently
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#273 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu May 2, 2024 4:35 am

Sounds like a young Horford.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#274 » by CDM_Stats » Thu May 2, 2024 6:37 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Sounds like a young Horford.

Could be, but the offensive upside is greater. Horford I think maxed out at like 17ppg at his peak.. Mobley has a bit more upside. But the comp is very solid. 2 way guy who's a jack of all trades.. if Mobley can beat the allegations of him being poorly motivated, I think he'll clear the Horford comp handily in a few years
vvoland
Senior

Post#275 » by vvoland » Thu May 2, 2024 5:02 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:Sounds like a young Horford.

Could be, but the offensive upside is greater. Horford I think maxed out at like 17ppg at his peak.. Mobley has a bit more upside. But the comp is very solid. 2 way guy who's a jack of all trades.. if Mobley can beat the allegations of him being poorly motivated, I think he'll clear the Horford comp handily in a few years

20ppg seems quite reasonable, I guess I misunderstood 2-way star as a star on both ends but that's not how you're using it. We'll see if the 3pt shooting can maintain or increase, particularly at a higher volume.

Back to the warriors, did you hear sam vecenie's podcast a few days back? He and hi podcast partner did like 15-20 minutes towards the end of it on the dubs offseason. To summarize "Can't run it back with the same guys." In more detail:

1. "Klay had a fine year" and they "would love to bring him back at 3/60 with a team option on yr 3." "Still a better overall player than grayson allen, point blank".. sounds like 3/75 is the soft walkaway number for them

2. Wiggins, however, "has to go" and "what do you need to attach for another team to take him.. at least a first" and "one of the worst players by advanced metrics in the league that played x games." that last one seemed hyperbolic as he then reached for a stat (EPM, I think) and once he found it, it looked better than he expected, by the sound of it.

3. "Podz is a good role player for this team" and "First team all-rookie" and "not the heir apparent for klay or steph" and "one of the best 3rd options on offense"

4. Do you extend Moody and JK? Moody should tell the warriors to kick rocks and not sign a cheap extension. Extend JK for 25M or less. Does he want the mcdaniels (5/130) extension or will he take the jalen brown rookie extension (4/80).

5. Restructure GP2 and figure out what to do w/ Looney.

I think he's fairly well connected as he had a few people go from his podcast to an NBA front office so he probably has a decent feel on trade value and extension amounts. I'd agree with him on 1, 3, and 5. I'd love to sign both moody and JK. If moody takes the miles mcbride extension, that would be amazing. I'd sign JK for anything below the mcdaniels contract, 5yrs at 26M per year will look cheap with these 10% cap increases considering the MLE will be around 18M once his extension kicks in. If 4/80 is in the cards, I'd jump on that in a heartbeat. Not sure how GP2 doesn't restructure but, at worst, he's a small expiring that will be an easy trade throw in. Same for looney.

Wiggins is the hard one. I think I'd take him to next year's deadline as the contract gets shorter and there's a decent chance he recovers some of his value to start the year. I'm not sure how he went from one of the better value contracts in the league to one of the worst in just 2 years and I watched all of his games in that time. He's probably a good month away from being a good contract again, question is, do you move him if he does start playing well.
TB
General Manager

Post#276 » by TB » Thu May 2, 2024 5:17 pm

If we do get under the cap (wiggins for a pick) or at least under tax (gaining the MLE), and we don't catch any big fish in the trade market... curious what people think the following will get money wise:

Goga - Would feel great heading into the season with Trayce/Goga splitting the center minutes.

Toppin - like his fit in terms of allowing Kuminga to move to SF. Can play next to Dray or as a backup.

Monte Morris - losing CP3, he could be a great backup PG if my prediction happens where Podz takes a big leap and solidifies himself as a starting guard next to Curry (splitting ball handling duties)

Melton - could have a GP2 type impact, much younger.

With Goga, Morris, Melton all not playing much in the playoffs... I'm wondering if that keeps their prices down a tad and we could potentially bring in a few of these guys (assuming we let CP3/Klay walk or maybe trade Wiggins).
Onus
RealGM

Post#277 » by Onus » Thu May 2, 2024 5:23 pm

vvoland wrote:
Back to the warriors, did you hear sam vecenie's podcast a few days back? He and hi podcast partner did like 15-20 minutes towards the end of it on the dubs offseason. To summarize "Can't run it back with the same guys." In more detail:

1. "Klay had a fine year" and they "would love to bring him back at 3/60 with a team option on yr 3." "Still a better overall player than grayson allen, point blank".. sounds like 3/75 is the soft walkaway number for them

2. Wiggins, however, "has to go" and "what do you need to attach for another team to take him.. at least a first" and "one of the worst players by advanced metrics in the league that played x games." that last one seemed hyperbolic as he then reached for a stat (EPM, I think) and once he found it, it looked better than he expected, by the sound of it.

3. "Podz is a good role player for this team" and "First team all-rookie" and "not the heir apparent for klay or steph" and "one of the best 3rd options on offense"

4. Do you extend Moody and JK? Moody should tell the warriors to kick rocks and not sign a cheap extension. Extend JK for 25M or less. Does he want the mcdaniels (5/130) extension or will he take the jalen brown rookie extension (4/80).

5. Restructure GP2 and figure out what to do w/ Looney.

I think he's fairly well connected as he had a few people go from his podcast to an NBA front office so he probably has a decent feel on trade value and extension amounts. I'd agree with him on 1, 3, and 5. I'd love to sign both moody and JK. If moody takes the miles mcbride extension, that would be amazing. I'd sign JK for anything below the mcdaniels contract, 5yrs at 26M per year will look cheap with these 10% cap increases considering the MLE will be around 18M once his extension kicks in. If 4/80 is in the cards, I'd jump on that in a heartbeat. Not sure how GP2 doesn't restructure but, at worst, he's a small expiring that will be an easy trade throw in. Same for looney.

Wiggins is the hard one. I think I'd take him to next year's deadline as the contract gets shorter and there's a decent chance he recovers some of his value to start the year. I'm not sure how he went from one of the better value contracts in the league to one of the worst in just 2 years and I watched all of his games in that time. He's probably a good month away from being a good contract again, question is, do you move him if he does start playing well.

1. Hope that Klay finds a big contract somewhere else. I think he does. We just don't have the personnel to hide his flaws anymore.
2. There's no way we should be attaching a 1st to off load Wiggins. If we can rehabilitate his value, which we should he's worth at least a 1st. And once his value is rehabilitated we shouldn't trade him.
3. Podz had a really good rookie season. Really he needs to be more aggressive with his scoring. But if there's a big name out there that wants him I'd probably trade him.
4. If Klay is still on this team then Moody has to be traded, there's no reason for him to extend as there's just no minutes for him. If Klay isn't on the team then Moody has a clear minutes that he should take and should get a reasonable extension.
4b. If you can get JK at 4/80, yea sign him. If it's 5/130 i'm a bit more hesitant especially since he hasn't really made a clear indisputable role for himself. I mean BP has made a clear role for himself going to be the backup pg/sg. TJD is our starting center moving forward. JK kind of had a role as the 5th starter but then TJD came in and Kerr was like we play better as a team with him, so now he's back to being on the bench and not really sure where he fits there. If we can't find a way to get more and bigger shooters on this team, I don't think JK ever fulfills his potential here. I still think he'd be better as a 2 but then you need bigger shooters to have an inverted offense.
5. Feel like these contracts (Looney and GP2) should be filler contracts for a trade. Not sure I would restructure GP2. Moody needs to take his minutes moving forward and GP2 should be a break in case of emergency type situations.

Really everyone should be available to make a move except Curry.
vvoland
Senior

Post#278 » by vvoland » Thu May 2, 2024 5:24 pm

TB wrote:If we do get under the cap (wiggins for a pick) or at least under tax (gaining the MLE), and we don't catch any big fish in the trade market... curious what people think the following will get money wise:

Goga - Would feel great heading into the season with Trayce/Goga splitting the center minutes.

Toppin - like his fit in terms of allowing Kuminga to move to SF. Can play next to Dray or as a backup.

Monte Morris - losing CP3, he could be a great backup PG if my prediction happens where Podz takes a big leap and solidifies himself as a starting guard next to Curry (splitting ball handling duties)

With Goga, Morris, Melton all not playing much in the playoffs... I'm wondering if that keeps their prices down a tad and we could potentially bring in a few of these guys (assuming we let CP3/Klay walk or maybe trade Wiggins).

Assuming you'd have to attach a future 1st to move wiggins, do you do that? Let's say it's wigs + a top 10 protected in '26 for an early 2nd or something, do you do that just to get the MLE?
TB
General Manager

Post#279 » by TB » Thu May 2, 2024 5:50 pm

vvoland wrote:
TB wrote:If we do get under the cap (wiggins for a pick) or at least under tax (gaining the MLE), and we don't catch any big fish in the trade market... curious what people think the following will get money wise:

Assuming you'd have to attach a future 1st to move wiggins, do you do that? Let's say it's wigs + a top 10 protected in '26 for an early 2nd or something, do you do that just to get the MLE?

I would not. I like Wiggins and think he's valuable on a good team. Rumor was Sixers can use the #16 to absorb a good players contract if they don't think a guy like Paul George will sign there. They have sort of a blank canvas this offseason, so pencilling in Maxey/Embiid I think Wiggins is sort of a perfect fit on the wing as an Oubre upgrade in the starting lineup.
Onus
RealGM

Post#280 » by Onus » Thu May 2, 2024 5:56 pm

I like Goga. Not sure what his market will be, but it should be rather cheap. A big that doesn't get playing time and really hasn't been able to carve out a bench role on 2 teams.

Toppin, I think he gets at least the mle, he's actually getting minutes in the playoffs.

Melton, I like and can be the 3rd pg having injury issues but i think he gets more than the vet min.

Return to Golden State Warriors