ImageImageImageImageImage

Who deserves most of the blame for this season?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Who do we blame the most?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:21 pm

Dray
6%
Kerr
63%
Klay
3%
Lacob&Sons
9%
MDJ
3%
Wiggs
6%
CoJo(others)
11%

Total votes: 35

ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 262

Re: Who deserves most of the blame for this season? 

Post#81 » by ShayDee » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:40 pm

DB23 wrote:
ShayDee wrote:If Kerr cannot coach the sort of talent required to win in this league then he deserves most of the blame. All he seems to know how to coach are undersized IQ guards/forwards. Cannot seems to find a fit for bigger sized and better athletes on the team if they cannot do what he wants. Doesn't matter if Steph and co gets abused on defense and offense or no one on the team can drive or dunk the ball

The rest of the blame goes to the FO for building the flawed roster and not attempting to trade for better players thinking Saric/Cp will actually provide the impact needed to go over the top and third to the ownership for meddling too much but they get a bit less because they are the ones that paid luxury tax for this non playoff team

I think mdj was right to say at the end of year that they don’t want to just add someone because they are tall. Just any journeyman tall guy isn’t helping this team, we need a gobert type and they sadly are in limited supply.

Let’s see what they can do in the off season

Exactly, they are limited unfortunately. Everyone wishes they have Jokic or Giannis or AD or even Myles Turner but realistically it's very difficult to get those type of players unless your team actually drafts and commits to developing them or finds them like heat find their guys. But at the end of the day you still need to develop them like the heat and play them and find a way to make them work and should not have play combinations of players that are actively making the on court experience much more difficult than it needs to be

Steph Curry needs to be the worst defender and the smallest player(6'3 and under) on the court at all times if this team has any hope to compete in the future and there cannot be more than 2 under the rim athletes next to him as well
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#82 » by Coxy » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:16 pm

Jester_ wrote:
Coxy wrote:Age is to blame.

He's definitely a bit senile, but I don't think he's THAT old.

Have the org responded to your head coaching application? Did you get to the 1st interview stage with your RealGM CV?
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,053

Post#83 » by Jester_ » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:45 pm

Coxy wrote:
Jester_ wrote:
Coxy wrote:Age is to blame.

Have the org responded to your head coaching application? Did you get to the 1st interview stage with your RealGM CV?

Sick burn dude
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,595

Post#84 » by HiRez » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:43 pm

DB23 wrote:
HiRez wrote:There's a lot of blame to go around, but how anyone can pick anyone but Kerr when you can only choose one is beyond me. He's been a disaster in SO many ways. I respect the guy as a decent person and I respect his career but he's been so lost the last couple of years, I don't know how you recover from that without starting over from scratch. Like 90% of the choices he made were the wrong call and that's not even counting the many things he never saw, or saw too late. His blind loyalty to the vets, while perhaps endearing, is the final nail in the coffin.

Replace Kerr with any coach in history and what is our win total? Maybe +4-5 wins best case scenario.

The talent stinks and the roster construction is bad.

Another coach could have had Kuminga and Moody a year more advanced than they are, playing them instead of wasting time on TJ & Lambchops, and with more defined roles. Not to mention the obsession with small ball and the failure to account for or accept vets aging.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#85 » by Coxy » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:19 am

Jester_ wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Jester_ wrote:

Sick burn dude

Well your attempted joke was as lame as it gets.

We'll just keep enjoying your daily Steve Kerr meltdown, it's hilarious.
sjballer03
Rookie
And1: 1,045

Post#86 » by sjballer03 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:27 am

Coxy wrote:
Jester_ wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Sick burn dude

A RealGM poster calling out another RealGM poster. Insert Spiderman meme :lol:

I didn't know one had to apply for a job with the Warriors as a prerequisite for making a joke or criticism. How's your coaching application going by the way?
DB23
Junior
And1: 394

Post#87 » by DB23 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:38 am

HiRez wrote:
DB23 wrote:
HiRez wrote:There's a lot of blame to go around, but how anyone can pick anyone but Kerr when you can only choose one is beyond me. He's been a disaster in SO many ways. I respect the guy as a decent person and I respect his career but he's been so lost the last couple of years, I don't know how you recover from that without starting over from scratch. Like 90% of the choices he made were the wrong call and that's not even counting the many things he never saw, or saw too late. His blind loyalty to the vets, while perhaps endearing, is the final nail in the coffin.

Replace Kerr with any coach in history and what is our win total? Maybe +4-5 wins best case scenario.

Another coach could have had Kuminga and Moody a year more advanced than they are, playing them instead of wasting time on TJ & Lambchops, and with more defined roles. Not to mention the obsession with small ball and the failure to account for or accept vets aging.

Another coach might not have kuminga where he is today. Perhaps moody just isn’t very good? I’ve seen a total of two impressive games all year from him. The fact he’s played podz so much flys in the face that he hates rookies.

I’m not saying he doesn’t have some responsibility but I find it bizarre how the players get a pass, especially dray and klay who have been killing this team for years.
Jester_
General Manager

Post#88 » by Jester_ » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:06 pm

Coxy wrote:
Jester_ wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Sick burn dude

Who's we? You're one of like 3 dinosaurs left on this board, everyone else agrees with me lol
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 456

Post#89 » by superunknown » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:36 pm

DB23 wrote:
HiRez wrote:
DB23 wrote:Replace Kerr with any coach in history and what is our win total? Maybe +4-5 wins best case scenario.

Another coach might not have kuminga where he is today. Perhaps moody just isn’t very good? I’ve seen a total of two impressive games all year from him. The fact he’s played podz so much flys in the face that he hates rookies.

I’m not saying he doesn’t have some responsibility but I find it bizarre how the players get a pass, especially dray and klay who have been killing this team for years.

some posters blaming thiose 2 as well as kerr. they don't give a pass to none of those 3, and rightfully so in my opinion, because each one of them has not been part of the solution in the last 2 years.
the "bizarre" are the homies on either (or both) side of the fence,
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,429

Post#90 » by svart » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:49 pm

sjballer03 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Jester_ wrote:
Sick burn dude

A RealGM poster calling out another RealGM poster. Insert Spiderman meme :lol:

I didn't know one had to apply for a job with the Warriors as a prerequisite for making a joke or criticism. How's your coaching application going by the way?

Nice way to ruin a joke, dude :lol:
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,023

Post#91 » by Frozzy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:37 am

Reminder that Kerr benched Anthony Edwards on Team USA
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,278

Post#92 » by Impuniti » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:29 pm

Frozzy wrote:Reminder that Kerr benched Anthony Edwards on Team USA

So what? We're just measly fans on here. We can't possibly complain about any decision Kerr has made that may even be argued as wrong. Do you have a professional coaching license, do I? No! Those are things nobody has a right to talk about on realgm, the main basketball website forum where NBA fans talk about basketball.

I hope these super insightful fans that let us know that we need a professional license to have the audacity to talk about the coach, are heading here right now viewforum.php?f=27

Specifically the Bradley Beal thread. Let everyone know that despite the Suns FO and CEO trading their entire depth for an old and very injury prone player in his 30s that makes 60m/year, you can't criticize the GM. Does anyone in the Suns board have a professional license on running an NBA team? Are any of their "fans" actual CEOs of basketball teams? I don't think so!!

Go on guys, I need to see some of you post there and set them straight!
Jester_
General Manager

Post#93 » by Jester_ » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:17 pm

Impuniti wrote:

So what? We're just measly fans on here. We can't possibly complain about any decision Kerr has made that may even be argued as wrong. Do you have a professional coaching license, do I? No! Those are things nobody has a right to talk about on realgm, the main basketball website forum where NBA fans talk about basketball.

I hope these super insightful fans that let us know that we need a professional license to have the audacity to talk about the coach, are heading here right now viewforum.php?f=27

Specifically the Bradley Beal thread. Let everyone know that despite the Suns FO and CEO trading their entire depth for an old and very injury prone player in his 30s that makes 60m/year, you can't criticize the GM. Does anyone in the Suns board have a professional license on running an NBA team? Are any of their "fans" actual CEOs of basketball teams? I don't think so!!

Go on guys, I need to see some of you post there and set them straight!

Didn't you know you aren't allowed to post here unless you're Jerry West?

The 3 or 4 big brains left on this board are all actually just Jerry West's different burner accounts
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,176

Post#94 » by watch1958 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm

Gonna be interesting how Kerr handles the Olympics. All those old vets who want to be important. Will he let them lose just so they can do what they want?
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#95 » by Impuniti » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:07 pm

watch1958 wrote:

Gonna be interesting how Kerr handles the Olympics. All those old vets who want to be important. Will he let them lose just so they can do what they want?

If Kerr somehow manages to not win this summer, it will quite literally be the worst 1 year run a coach has ever had in NBA history. Lets see if Kerr goes 3/3 this summer. Maybe then Lacob will give him another 2 year extension.

- FIBA: Didn't even place 3rd
- NBA: Highest wage bill in NBA history, with one of the best players ever. Finished 10th, lost to a weak team missing 2 key players who then easily lost to a team missing its best player, that's now easily losing in the 1st round.
- Olympics: ?
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#96 » by azwfan » Wed May 1, 2024 11:31 pm

Impuniti wrote:
watch1958 wrote:

If Kerr somehow manages to not win this summer, it will quite literally be the worst 1 year run a coach has ever had in NBA history. Lets see if Kerr goes 3/3 this summer. Maybe then Lacob will give him another 2 year extension.

- NBA: Highest wage bill in NBA history, with one of the best players ever. Finished 10th, lost to a weak team missing 2 key players who then easily lost to a team missing its best player, that's now easily losing in the 1st round.

Kerr has his faults, but its not his fault Klay was getting paid 40M, CP3 30M, and Draymond 22M. Although he did publicly advocate for resigning Draymond. :banghead:
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#97 » by Impuniti » Wed May 1, 2024 11:32 pm

azwfan wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
watch1958 wrote:Gonna be interesting how Kerr handles the Olympics. All those old vets who want to be important. Will he let them lose just so they can do what they want?

Kerr has his faults, but its not his fault Klay was getting paid 40M, CP3 30M, and Draymond 22M. Although he did publicly advocate for resigning Draymond. :banghead:

He (and Steph) have done all they can so that Dray and Klay always get their bag though. Not primarily at fault since that's the responsibility of the lightyears FO and CEO. My point with the wage bill and Steph is that finishing 10th with that wage bill is utterly pathetic.
vvoland
Senior
And1: 108

Post#98 » by vvoland » Wed May 1, 2024 11:48 pm

Impuniti wrote:
watch1958 wrote:

You have a lot of hot takes and a typical approach of "everyone sucks, fire them all" but in this case, it's really hard to argue that IF Kerr can't coach this team to a gold medal, that's going to be a 12 month stretch that will be very hard to beat. Not sure if "literally the worst 1 year run a coach has ever had in NBA history" level bad but it's certainly in the conversation. I typically disagree with most everything you post but this isn't nearly as hyperbolic as it appears at first glance.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,080

Post#99 » by CDM_Stats » Thu May 2, 2024 3:14 am

Dont think salary should factor into the evaluation of Kerr, not his call. Myers should be the one eating **** there

Still crazy to see Draymond lumped in with actually bad players when he's been playing as well the past 3 seasons as he ever did in his prime. Its gonna be one of those things where its just repeated until its true, like Iguodala
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,677

Post#100 » by a8bil » Thu May 2, 2024 3:16 am

Wiggins has a terrible season. Klay plays terribly for over half the season. Dray is suspended for 12 games. Not sure how anyone looks at that and says Kerr was the problem. Any team that gets that little production from its top $$$ players is lottery bound. It's a lot of hopeful thinking to believe that JK, Moody, TJD, Podz, Saric, CP, etc. could overcome the lack of production from Wiggins, Klay and Dray.

Return to Golden State Warriors