ImageImageImageImageImage

Can the Warriors break the NBA one last time?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Will KD & Lebron join Steph in Golden State?!

Yes
23%
No
70%
Maybe
7%

Total votes: 30

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,852

Can the Warriors break the NBA one last time? 

Post#1 » by cdubbz » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:02 pm

What we're watching right now in real team is a hostile takeover the league right now by the newest superstars- Anthony Edwards, Shai, & Wemby. Haliburton, Luka/Tatum/Booker are still superstars.

Lebron & KD are down 0-3 in the 1st round and Curry missed the playoffs.

Team USA will be a battle ground practice with some of them coming together. Is it possible Steph, Lebron, & KD plot to take over the league one last time TOGETHER? Lebron can opt out and choose his new team, KD & Steph have 2 seasons left on his contract.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
cdubbz
RealGM

Re: Can the Warriors break the NBA one last time? 

Post#2 » by cdubbz » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:07 pm

The Suns are cooked. The new owner took a huge gamble getting Beal & KD. They gave up 4 first round picks for KD and a bunch of 2nd round picks for Beal. They can't rebuild through the draft until 2030! Booker is in his prime and they're going to waste it. They either just try and compete with KD/Beal for the next 2 seasons and ride it out until 2030 or sell high on them now, but Booker would most likely want out.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,448

Post#3 » by Big J » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:21 pm

We should trade Kuminga & CP3s contract plus 4 first rounders for Booker. KD & Lebron are too old.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,429

Post#4 » by svart » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:33 pm

Big J wrote:We should trade Kuminga & CP3s contract plus 4 first rounders for Booker. KD & Lebron are too old.

Make it kuminga+klay and picks then let cp3 walk.

**** old lebron and kd
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
Big J
General Manager

Post#5 » by Big J » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:02 pm

svart wrote:
Big J wrote:We should trade Kuminga & CP3s contract plus 4 first rounders for Booker. KD & Lebron are too old.

Make it kuminga+klay and picks then let cp3 walk.

**** old lebron and kd

Klay is a free agent. In this scenario we just don't re sign him.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#6 » by cdubbz » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:46 pm

An all-in 5th championship would be absolutely wild. 10x better if Warriors were to do it without KD/Lebron team up, but that would be an amazing show to watch.
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,373

Post#7 » by SpreeS » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:39 am

Jesus, you need to wake up finally. We are done for endless reasons.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,080

Post#8 » by CDM_Stats » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:00 pm

cdubbz wrote:The Suns are cooked. The new owner took a huge gamble getting Beal & KD. They gave up 4 first round picks for KD and a bunch of 2nd round picks for Beal. They can't rebuild through the draft until 2030! Booker is in his prime and they're going to waste it. They either just try and compete with KD/Beal for the next 2 seasons and ride it out until 2030 or sell high on them now, but Booker would most likely want out.

100%

I doubt Booker would be much happier here, but I do think this nails the situation the Suns are in. They are lucky the Wizards arent very good, but aside from pride, they get absolutely no value by trying to compete with a flawed and unhappy roster for the next 6+ years. They may as well sell off their assets and try and fill the team with grinders.. and then just hope the Wizards also continue to suck, which isn't a bad bet

But keeping the current core just knocks the pick their getting about 10 spots back or so, with absolutely no eye towards the future
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,345

Post#9 » by Onus » Wed May 1, 2024 4:17 am

Read on Twitter

What’s kind of funny is that a curry, bronny, kd, lebron, dray lineup might actually work in terms of fit.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,080

Post#10 » by CDM_Stats » Wed May 1, 2024 4:44 am

Maybe I'm not understanding, but how on earth do the Warriors get LeBron with him opting out? He taking a MLE or something?

I understand that we as fans might not grasp the CBA and all that but the number of writers who cover these sports who don't seem to grasp it either is skyrocketing. Large majority of Warriors beat writers last year didnt even realize the advantages of CP3s contract situation. Now a site is talking about how LeBron could be a Warrior and cites Klay, CP3, and shedding Wiggins/Kuminga as a way to do it. Which, even if they do that, has them coming in at 103.4m (141m is the cap), with just 7 roster spots. And that's assuming they get 0 salary back for Wiggins/Kuminga too

Add in the roster holds, assuming everyone's cap hold is waived, and they are closer to 110m. So to get LeBron all they'd need to do is get 0 back for Kuminga/Wiggins, convince LeBron to sign for 30m, and fill the rest of the roster with minimum deals to pair with Curry/Podz/Moody/GP2/Draymond/TJD + LeBron
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,173

Post#11 » by DonaldSanders » Wed May 1, 2024 10:38 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:Maybe I'm not understanding, but how on earth do the Warriors get LeBron with him opting out? He taking a MLE or something?

This stuff is just clickbait that fans enjoy letting their imagination run wild with. Yes, LeBron would be taking a huge paycut, something he doesn't seem that interested in. I wondered why he'd need so much money and why more stars once set for life don't go for a discount to win more, but I remembered LeBron has the goal of team ownership when he retires. This dude wants a few billion to play with! I doubt he passes up a chance at a 2-3 year deal with LA for 100-150M.
Jax_23
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#12 » by Jax_23 » Sat May 4, 2024 7:15 pm

We ain't cooked! We have a super competitive owner who took a perennially sht team to the promised land 4-times! I trust Lacob's direction in getting the team to make the right moves. Booker is an intriguing target to go after. There are some options and the Warriors have pieces they can move. They're going to have to get pretty creative to get back to the Finals. They definitely need another game changing piece, a big would be nice. Klay (if resigned) has always played better when they've got a low post presence. It balances the floor better so that he's not trying too hard to create his shot.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,429

Post#13 » by svart » Sat May 4, 2024 8:25 pm

Jax_23 wrote:We ain't cooked! We have a super competitive owner who took a perennially sht team to the promised land 4-times! I trust Lacob's direction in getting the team to make the right moves. Booker is an intriguing target to go after. There are some options and the Warriors have pieces they can move. They're going to have to get pretty creative to get back to the Finals. They definitely need another game changing piece, a big would be nice. Klay (if resigned) has always played better when they've got a low post presence. It balances the floor better so that he's not trying too hard to create his shot.

We ARE cooked. And whoever watched the playoffs so far should know we don-t have any chance against almonst any of the other teams as we are constructed rn. And i don't really see any trades to get us at that level. We done.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#14 » by cdubbz » Mon May 6, 2024 2:11 am

Can Lebron even sign for the minimum?

If Steph/Lebron realize they don’t have a shot at another title unless they play together on the Warriors I wonder what they would think.

LBJ could resign and stay with the Lakers but no fun in losing.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,278

Post#15 » by Impuniti » Mon May 6, 2024 5:25 am

Jax_23 wrote:We ain't cooked! We have a super competitive owner who took a perennially sht team to the promised land 4-times! I trust Lacob's direction in getting the team to make the right moves. Booker is an intriguing target to go after. There are some options and the Warriors have pieces they can move. They're going to have to get pretty creative to get back to the Finals. They definitely need another game changing piece, a big would be nice. Klay (if resigned) has always played better when they've got a low post presence. It balances the floor better so that he's not trying too hard to create his shot.

If this another one of Lacob's sons? :lol:

The Warriors finished 10th to a mediocre NBA team. What made it worse was that the Kings were missing 2 key players. They then easily lost to a Pels team missing its best player. The Pels team then easily lost and got swept by OKC. If you think a few tweaks are what's needed, I'm not sure what planet we're living in.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 456

Post#16 » by superunknown » Mon May 6, 2024 6:35 pm

no, cannot barring any major changes that should've happened already 2 seasons ago.
they all (ownership, FO, coaching staff and the players) failed miserably to understand the shifting in the league back to size and length that's happening for a while now. they rather doubled down on their philosophy of the last years , with lineups with 3 guards and a slightly undersized PF at center(!) in a league where the best player is a center and the last 3 regular season MVP (likely 4) are centers.
they are undersized in the frontcourt, lack athleticism in the backcourt (steph is not spring chicken anymore albeit still amazing conditioning wise, klay is washed, paul is 38 years old, podz is not a freak of nature athlete, same moody), lack size and lenght across the board, have no real bodies to throw against the MVP to make it work harder like minnie is doing and also, ironically, have not many good 3 point shooters in the roster. basically they are a very poor constructed team for today NBA standards.
looking at teams like the wolves, thunder, mavs after the trade deadline, the same pelicans or the knicks in the est should make you realize the direction the francise should take in a hurry (if not already too late).
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,085

Post#17 » by Twinkie defense » Mon May 6, 2024 6:47 pm

I think Suns view home-grown Booker as the one guy they *wouldn't* trade.
Old_Blue
Veteran
And1: 791

Post#18 » by Old_Blue » Mon May 6, 2024 7:09 pm

I don't see LeBron leaving the Lakers. What I could see is Durant wanting out of Phoenix. LA could put together a package of Hachimura, Reaves, Vanderbilt, Vincent and one or two first round picks to get it done. The rest of the Laker squad would be minimum salaries, possibly including CP3.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
billinder33
Junior
And1: 85

Post#19 » by billinder33 » Mon May 6, 2024 7:25 pm

Old_Blue wrote:I don't see LeBron leaving the Lakers. What I could see is Durant wanting out of Phoenix. LA could put together a package of Hachimura, Reaves, Vanderbilt, Vincent and one or two first round picks to get it done. The rest of the Laker squad would be minimum salaries, possibly including CP3.

CP3 is a much better fit for what the Lakers currently do than for Kerr's system.
Big J
General Manager

Post#20 » by Big J » Mon May 6, 2024 8:23 pm

Twinkie defense wrote:

I think Suns view home-grown Booker as the one guy they *wouldn't* trade.

He might want out though.

Return to Golden State Warriors