ImageImageImageImageImage

Suns are done. Time to bring back KD?

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,427

Re: Kevin Durant - One Last Dance with the Dubs? 

Post#61 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:43 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
floppymoose wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
If you can come up with trade scenarios that involves ridding of Klay, Green, CP3 and Wiggins, I'm all ears to hear it out because good luck trying to find out who wants these old heads, anyway?

You dont have to trade to get rid of Klay and CP3

I'm quite a bit behind on the newer CBA rulings, but is there still a sign-and-trade dealings these days?

I think a super team uniting is not completely unlikely.

Lebron, Durant, Giannis, Curry, Paul George (second tier)....none of these guys have a shot at a chip without getting together.

IF the move is to trade young for Vets....this would be the time.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,318

Re: Suns are done. Time to bring back KD? 

Post#62 » by wco81 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:59 pm

Onus wrote:Kd wouldn't want to come back here.

Not only that, he will be eligible for a $60 million a year extension, though I think he's under contract for two more seasons.

He turns 36 in September.

He had an elite season during the regular season and he played okay for him in the 4-game sweep.

He alone wouldn't be enough.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,053

Post#63 » by Jester_ » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:16 pm

wco81 wrote:
Onus wrote:Kd wouldn't want to come back here.

Not only that, he will be eligible for a $60 million a year extension, though I think he's under contract for two more seasons.

He turns 36 in September.

He had an elite season during the regular season and he played okay for him in the 4-game sweep.

He alone wouldn't be enough.

Curry and KD with a half decent supporting cast can absolutely win a chip.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,596

Post#64 » by HiRez » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:44 pm

Jester_ wrote:Curry and KD with a half decent supporting cast can absolutely win a chip.

I don't love their chances (mostly just because of age/injury), but it might be the best they could do under the circumstances. A lot of the "big" names available are kind of meh and the cost to acquire Markkanen is probably way too high. The half decent supporting cast might not be that easy to come by either. They'd have to give up one or more of the young guys to pull off a KD (or other) trade I think.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,830

Post#65 » by floppymoose » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:30 pm

Time to Logans Run this whole team
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,367

Post#66 » by Onus » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:48 pm

Anyone interested in a younger Brandon Ingram?
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Onus
RealGM

Post#67 » by Onus » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:28 pm

The media really is trying to get KD to ask for a trade. Questioning his legacy, moving him down the theoretically player pyramid. Everyone saying they should trade him.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,087

Post#68 » by Twinkie defense » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:07 pm

Jester_ wrote:I don't see Ishbia turning away from Booker/KD

Beal has a no-trade clause though.

I think the Suns will give it another try with a new coach, but it seems clear that their super team just doesn't have it.

Now KD back on the Warriors could well mean another ring or two, if they can stay healthy.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,830

Post#69 » by floppymoose » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:49 pm

They had to give up too much to get KD. As would GS. There arent good shortcuts. The next championship team will be built the way the last one was: a draft homerun; a youth movement; key vets added later when the team is on the doorstep.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#70 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed May 1, 2024 2:43 am

Twinkie defense wrote:

I think the Suns will give it another try with a new coach, but it seems clear that their super team just doesn't have it.

Now KD back on the Warriors could well mean another ring or two, if they can stay healthy.

I think Beal would wave it to come to the Warriors to be the clear number 2.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,088

Post#71 » by whatisacenter » Wed May 1, 2024 2:56 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Twinkie defense wrote:

Wait, you want Beal on the Warriors?

I want no part of that.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
cladden
Analyst
And1: 380

Post#72 » by cladden » Wed May 1, 2024 4:04 am

No trades to bring in prime talent. We're done. Trade Curry somewhere if he wants out. Let him play as long as he wants if not. Keep Klay on a small contract or let him sign somewhere on a larger one. He's deserved that. Keep Draymond, he'll get us nothing. Trade Wiggs since he's in the way and since his contract is quite reasonable. Only need half of a good season first. Play the kids. We're in for 4-5 years of rebuilding at least.
cladden
Analyst
And1: 380

Post#73 » by cladden » Wed May 1, 2024 4:06 am

cladden wrote:No trades to bring in prime talent. We're done. Trade Curry somewhere if he wants out. Let him play as long as he wants if not. Keep Klay on a small contract or let him sign somewhere on a larger one. He's deserved that. Keep Draymond, he'll get us nothing. Trade Wiggs since he's in the way and since his contract is quite reasonable. Only need half of a good season first. Play the kids. We're in for 4-5 years of rebuilding at least.

KD does not make us a contender. KD and Curry one year older likely puts us a this year's Suns level for next year if that. It's not happening. Curry and LeBron will end with 4 each. No reason to **** up the next decade to figure that out.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#74 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed May 1, 2024 4:10 am

whatisacenter wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Twinkie defense wrote:Beal has a no-trade clause though.

Wait, you want Beal on the Warriors?

I want no part of that.

Nope

But people are dying for a no.2 option that isn't klay. There isn't much of there unless you want lavine.
ClutchUp
Junior
And1: 123

Post#75 » by ClutchUp » Wed May 1, 2024 4:14 am

floppymoose wrote:They had to give up too much to get KD. As would GS. There arent good shortcuts. The next championship team will be built the way the last one was: a draft homerun; a youth movement; key vets added later when the team is on the doorstep.

Agreed. I just hope they realize this as well.
Jester_
General Manager

Post#76 » by Jester_ » Wed May 1, 2024 11:07 am

cladden wrote:
cladden wrote:No trades to bring in prime talent. We're done. Trade Curry somewhere if he wants out. Let him play as long as he wants if not. Keep Klay on a small contract or let him sign somewhere on a larger one. He's deserved that. Keep Draymond, he'll get us nothing. Trade Wiggs since he's in the way and since his contract is quite reasonable. Only need half of a good season first. Play the kids. We're in for 4-5 years of rebuilding at least.

KD does not make us a contender. KD and Curry one year older likely puts us a this year's Suns level for next year if that. It's not happening. Curry and LeBron will end with 4 each. No reason to **** up the next decade to figure that out.

Curry and KD are both still superstars and top 10 talents. Bad take.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
sonnyhill
Pro Prospect
And1: 222

Post#77 » by sonnyhill » Wed May 1, 2024 12:44 pm

Jester_ wrote:
cladden wrote:

Great posts by all three of you.

Both positions (not trading for Durant as well as pairing Durant with Curry, too) have merit.

Watching Lebron and AD, a bigger and better pairing than Durant and Curry, getting smoked in the playoffs by the Nuggets should also force us to pause-and-think about how a younger, more athletic, stronger, and better team had easily destroyed a team which was built around two aging superstars.

The Warriors do have good, younger players; however, other than (perhaps) Kuminga, not one is projected to be an "alpha 'superstar.'"
It might be time for the front office to start the deconstruction, and the asset which will bring back the most in trade value for a true rebuild would be Curry.
Onus
RealGM

Post#78 » by Onus » Wed May 1, 2024 12:51 pm

sonnyhill wrote:
Jester_ wrote:
cladden wrote:

Great posts by all three of you.

Both positions (not trading for Durant as well as pairing Durant with Curry, too) have merit.

Watching Lebron and AD, a bigger and better pairing than Durant and Curry, getting smoked in the playoffs by the Nuggets should also force us to pause-and-think about how a younger, more athletic, stronger, and better team had easily destroyed a team which was built around two aging superstars.

The Warriors do have good, younger players; however, other than (perhaps) Kuminga, not one is projected to be an "alpha 'superstar.'"
It might be time for the front office to start the deconstruction, and the asset which will bring back the most in trade value for a true rebuild would be Curry.

Lebron and AD are pretty close to beating the Nuggets. The problem is that the Nuggets have a closer and the Lakers don't.
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 190

Post#79 » by thunderdunk » Wed May 1, 2024 11:44 pm

The Dubs won their last chip after they beat the Nuggets (without Murray). Until we know who's healthy and who's not, we have no idea whether the Dubs are contenders or not. The Dubs in 2019 were odds on favorites to sweep the PO's, until Klay and KD and Cousins got hurt. I think that Steph and KD are absolutely pillars of a contending team, again depending on who they play (and who plays) in the playoffs.
Jester_
General Manager

Post#80 » by Jester_ » Thu May 2, 2024 8:13 pm

New Report on Kevin Durant to Golden State Warriors Trade - Sports Illustrated

https://www.si.com/nba/warriors/new-report-kevin-durant-golden-state-warriors-trade

Read on Twitter

Return to Golden State Warriors