Banned User
And1: 1

Six reasons why resigning Pietrus is crucial to the Warriors 

Post#1 » by Abyss Impact » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:44 pm

1. He plays with aggressiveness
2. He is a spark off the bench
3. He a lock down defender
4. He plays like he is hungry, gobbling up all the rebounds
5. He gives it his all, to save possessions with his hustle to denying others the easy layup by swatting it away
6. He likes the Warriors, he is a Warrior, and according to his interviews and enjoys playing here

If anything, we have a great player who we could sign here to be our 6th man. Don Nelson trusts him, unlike other players on our bench like O'Bryant. He can teach the younger players how to be more aggressive and play with heart.
When he retires I hope he becomes the Warriors head coach. :D

If we don't get a player like Mikael back that has these 6 traits, then next season will be a fail.

Mikael signing somewhere else will be a black day for the Warriors organization, because they have just lost one of their best bench players for absolutely nothing.
Ellis8Monta4MVP
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Six reasons why resigning Pietrus is crucial to the Warriors 

Post#2 » by Ellis8Monta4MVP » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:05 pm

I hope the Warriors do keep Pietrus, but I think keeping Azubuike is just as imperative. It's not up to the Warriors, as he has a player option. May be not re-signing Barnes, but I'd really love to have Azubuike back. I don't know if he'll be back, though. You just never know with these kinds of things. Pietrus does provide another dimension for the Warriors.
lilvietboi085
Junior

Post#3 » by lilvietboi085 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:56 pm

holy **** you are annoying. that exaggerated love for pietrus is so **** annoying
Abyss Impact
Banned User

Post#4 » by Abyss Impact » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:59 pm

I'm just stating facts and the Warriors should sign him to a long contract.
Rainbow Jumper
Rookie

Post#5 » by Rainbow Jumper » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:48 pm

Six reasons why the Warriors should not re-sign Pietrus:

6. The NBA competition committee has not decided to make the NBA court wider meaning Pietrus will continue to step out of bounds at least once a game.

5. Pietrus will change the course of a handful of games each season with the plague of turnovers and fouls he commits when he comes off of the bench.

4. Leaving the Warriors would cause Pietrus' career to blossom, because he would practice more when separated from the Warrior girls.

3. If Harrington were traded Nellie would make Pietrus the starting power forward.

2. The Warriors don't want to get into a bidding war for Pietrus with WNBA teams, because Pietrus has a giant snatch.

And now the #1 reason Pietrus should not be resigned........

1. Abyss would go the way of dew07 and stop posting on the Warrior board.
Warriors Analyst wrote:Rowell, you really nailed it. I love Marco because he can be really good when he hits, but when he misses I want to shave that pubic hair off of his face and yell at him to play the right way.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,567

Post#6 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:57 pm

I don't find any of this supposed Pietrus love useful or amusing, but I would make the general observation that it just about can't be crucial to sign a guy who will be a "spark off the bench" and your 6th man. By definition there should be a few hundred guys in the league better than the "crucial" player in question.

This is presumably where you pop fully back into character and mention that Pietrus is actually the 2nd or 3rd best player on the team, but at that point the discussion is completely nonsensical and there is no point in continuing.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,702

Post#7 » by Warriorfan » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:16 pm

Pietrus will be more appreciated if/when he leaves the team for some part of the MLE on a playoff team where he would be a great luxury. On the Pistons, Lakers or Spurs he could be part of the rotation. On the Warriors his limitations got exposed too much.

I don't see it as a foregone conclusion that he is gone. The market is not much different from last year because teams are lining up for 2010.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#8 » by old rem » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:30 pm

Pietrus + Azu both have value here but it will be a matter of the $$$ and in Pietrus' case, he has full freedom to go anywhere. The key is that a high tempo game means you want guys who are FAST and Pietrus-Azu are that. That they can get hot or can board is a plus too....but if the money part means we run into trouble keeping Ellis/Biedrins and not diving too far into Lux tax...then we won't be high bid for MP.

As for Abyss.....Kids....don't take LSD when watching hoops. :eek2: I learned my lesson. Until just a couple years ago I wanted Tyrone Hill to come out of retirement. :sigh: Smoke a bowl or two,have a couple beers.. :beer: .if the game don't go well you say " Like...whatever" and eat a cupcake. :burger: You don't run out and start a cult of Pietrus or something. :love:

I sure miss Clifford Rozier. :offtopic:
CENSORED... No comment.
Abyss Impact
Banned User

Post#9 » by Abyss Impact » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:49 pm

I don't know... Mikael is a pretty crucial part if the Warriors want success. By not signing him to a long term contract, and he is only 26, then our FO have problems because he was drafted by us and we are simply letting go what we thought was good.
GSWfAnViNnY
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#10 » by GSWfAnViNnY » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:02 pm

Rainbow Jumper wrote:Six reasons why the Warriors should not re-sign Pietrus:

6. The NBA competition committee has not decided to make the NBA court wider meaning Pietrus will continue to step out of bounds at least once a game.

5. Pietrus will change the course of a handful of games each season with the plague of turnovers and fouls he commits when he comes off of the bench.

4. Leaving the Warriors would cause Pietrus' career to blossom, because he would practice more when separated from the Warrior girls.

3. If Harrington were traded Nellie would make Pietrus the starting power forward.

2. The Warriors don't want to get into a bidding war for Pietrus with WNBA teams, because Pietrus has a giant snatch.

And now the #1 reason Pietrus should not be resigned........

1. Abyss would go the way of dew07 and stop posting on the Warrior board.

I would love that.
GSWfAnViNnY
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#11 » by GSWfAnViNnY » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:09 pm

I am sorry but Pietrus hasn't played a full season and wants to start. He won't start here. Maybe at 4 but nothing else.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,804

Post#12 » by floppymoose » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:45 pm

This thread has one foot stepped back over the sideline.

Return to Golden State Warriors