ImageImageImageImageImage

i think brandans about to get traded.

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Re: i think brandans about to get traded. 

Post#41 » by Coxy » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:37 am

IHaveAHotGf wrote:I'll trade wright for smoove and resign biedrins
monta/jack/maggette/smith/biedrins would be nice to watch

Nice to watch you say? It would be insane! Sure we'd probably lose most nights but think of the highlights!
zeekathon30
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#42 » by zeekathon30 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:50 am

Interesting conversaion along these same lines going on on the Twolves board as well. Seems like theres an awful lotta smoke....

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=828459

I would be disapointed in Brandan leaving unless it involves us also moving Al for Josh Smith then resigning Beans. That's asking an awful lot I think tho.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,224

Post#43 » by GopherIt! » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:37 am

Yeah, someone came over to the MN board and mentioned to us that we have something cooking with GS. Brandan Wright's name came up but that doesn't make much sense to me. If you guys hear anything substantive let us know.

update:
0.k. actually now I've heard about this from two different sources.
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#44 » by St.Nick » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:28 am

I'm trying to figure out what kind of deal would work between Minnesota, Atlanta, and Golden State.

We would absolutely have to get rid of Harrington should Josh Smith be coming in. How would Minnesota be involved in order to get Wright, though? I don't see anyone "available" on the T-Wolves roster who has equal value to Wright.

Love and Al-Jeff obviously won't be dealt. Mike Miller has a trade moratorium hanging above him. Corey Brewer has been a pretty big disappointment over his pro career so far and certainly doesn't have the same value as Wright. McCants is a nice player, but I don't think you give up a 20 year old lotto pick big man for him. Same goes for Foye.

Plus, Minnesota has their frontcourt of the future with Love and Al Jefferson. Bringing in Wright to be a backup doesn't seem to make much sense unless they could get him for a very low price (which they wouldn't).

I suppose this could be the deal:

GS Trades: Harrington, Wright, 1st rd pick
ATL Trades: Josh Smith
MIN Trades: Jason Collins, Craig Smith, Foye

MIN receives: Harrington, Wright
ATL Receives: Jason Collins (exp), Craig Smith, Foye, GS 1st rd pick
GS Receives: Josh Smith

For that to work, Atlanta would have to want Craig Smith and Foye rather than Brandan. Could be. I know that our lineup would be sweet though 8)

Monta/Marcus Williams/CJ
S-Jax/Marco/Morrow
Maggette/Azu/Randolph
J.Smith/R.Hendrix/Amundson
Andris/Turiaf/Kosta

Kind of a weak bench, but the starting 5 is ridiculous. Maybe video game ridiculous though. Not sure if any of those guys would be happy being a 3rd or 4th scorer on any team.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,224

Post#45 » by GopherIt! » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:13 am

this was what was mentioned.

McCants or Carney + Belinelli, Al Harrington & a #1 pick to ATL
Josh Smith to GS
B Wright to MN
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,971

Post#46 » by shrink » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:07 pm

GopherIt! wrote:this was what was mentioned.

McCants or Carney + Belinelli, Al Harrington & a #1 pick to ATL
Josh Smith to GS
B Wright to MN

I don't have GopherIt!'s sources, but for Wright and Belinelli, MIN can turn them into McCants + Carney (in seperate deals) or McCants + Gomes (with a $3.5 mil S&T). We have several first round picks as well.

McCants: MIN 26.9, FG 45.3%, FT 74.8%, 3P 40.7%, 2.7 RPG, 2.2 APG, 14.9 PPG
R.Gomes: MIN 29.7, FG 45.7%, FT 83.0%, 3P 33.0%, 5.8 RPG, 1.8 APG, 12.6 PPG

Do these players create better fits for you or ATL to make a deal fly?
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,330

Post#47 » by Onus » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:38 pm

Why would we be giving a #1 pick up when we'd be sending out a former lotto pick, the no. 18 pick last year and a serviceable player in Harrington? All for Josh Smith, that would be steep! If we could somehow get Joe Johnson in the deal I'd throw in 2 #1 picks though

Edit: Am I seeing this correctly? Min is trading McCants or Carney for B Wright?? That can't be right.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,971

Post#48 » by shrink » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:48 pm

St.Nick wrote: I suppose this could be the deal:

Jason Collins is trade restricted until August 29th, and Craig Smith also can't be used since he just signed as an RFA.

I would also add that I think your expectations of Brandan Wright's value around the league may be inflated. I understand everyone sees their own young players as what they hope they will become, rather than what they are, but remember, other teams are doing the same thing. I spend a lot of time on the trade board, and I have to say that while I expect some magnification of value from the hometown fans, the GSW valuation of Wright is very much on the high end, and its not reflected in the, albeit, fairly uncommon, trades including him by the other 29 teams.
Onus
RealGM

Post#49 » by Onus » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:03 pm

I'd do this Trade:
ATL
Joe Johnson + Josh Smith (S&T for 10mil a year) for Belinelli, McCants, Harrington, Jackson, Brewer plus 2 #1 picks
GSW
Belinelli + Harrington + Wright + Jackson + 2 #1s for JJ, JSmith
MIN
McCants + CBrewer for B Wright

I'm really not seeing why Min is even in these trade discussions at all.

But GSW starting lineup of
Monta/Williams/CJ
JJ/Azu/Morrow
Mags/ AR taking over in 3 yrs
JSmith/Hendrix/Croshere?
Biedrins/Turiaf/Perovic?

would be a contending core for many up coming years. Although our depth would be shaky again this coming year, it would be worth it because JJ would be the best fit as a SG next to Monta.
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#50 » by Hopper15 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:21 pm

There may be a reason we traded the '11 and beyond pick for Williams rather than the '09 pick. That still leaves the option of trading the '09 pick. Of course, that also means it would have to be unprotected.
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#51 » by St.Nick » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:28 pm

shrink wrote:
St.Nick wrote: I suppose this could be the deal:

Jason Collins is trade restricted until August 29th, and Craig Smith also can't be used since he just signed as an RFA.

I would also add that I think your expectations of Brandan Wright's value around the league may be inflated. I understand everyone sees their own young players as what they hope they will become, rather than what they are, but remember, other teams are doing the same thing. I spend a lot of time on the trade board, and I have to say that while I expect some magnification of value from the hometown fans, the GSW valuation of Wright is very much on the high end, and its not reflected in the, albeit, fairly uncommon, trades including him by the other 29 teams.

Yes, we do (over)value our young guys here. Perhaps the same can be said for Minnesota in their belief that McCants or Gomes could fetch Brandan Wright. I'm certain that those players are not worth as much as Brandan. Young big guys with skill are worth more than above average wings.

Bottom line, I don't see how Minnesota fits into a trade between GS and Atlanta for Josh Smith, unless you guys wanted Harrington (not Wright though). The only way I see you guys included would be by acquiring Al Harrington for Jason Collins and one of those #1 picks from another team. Otherwise, you aren't going to sneak in and take Brandan for one of your many SG/SF's.
Onus
RealGM

Post#52 » by Onus » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:44 pm

shrink wrote:

Our inflated value of Brandan seems to be shared by the Min posters as they all are jumping at the idea of getting Wright for McCants/Brewer/Gomes/Carney. :lol:
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#53 » by GswStorm3 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:45 pm

Unless their offering an unprotected 09 one, I really don't see how Minnesota fits in either.
WarFan
RealGM
And1: 1,484

Post#54 » by WarFan » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:46 pm

All you need is Love.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#55 » by FNQ » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:02 pm

If Love has already signed w/MIN (believe he has) then he can't be traded for 90 days. Or 60 days, or something. But it can't be Love, now.

The trade ideas I've seen kicked around are awful... a lottery pick (#8) who tumbled, and apparently we're giving him up for fringe prospects and knucklehead players.. if thats 'inflating' his value I guess we're guilty.. And we're trading a #1? :rofl:

Wright had a promising 1st season, and apparently his value's gone down? Who knew the Summer League had such an outstanding impact on value?
WarFan
RealGM

Post#56 » by WarFan » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:13 pm

I was joking more than anything (after all this is a joke thread right?), but Love can be traded on August 10th.

As for these rumors from other sources, they all seem pretty ridiculous. We don't really have anything that would be appealing to Atlanta (besides Monta & Beans) and neither does Minnesota, although I think Wright would be a great fit there.

As far as GS fans overrating Wright on the Trade Board, wait until people start asking for Randolph in trades. I mean, we'd be crazy to trade a 19-year old LeBron "Magic" Bosh.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,634

Post#57 » by jpatrick » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:22 pm

Hello, MN fan here. The first I heard of this three way was on another Twolves board when one of the current UNC players (or who many there believe is a current UNC player), who is a frequent poster there, said he heard "talk" that Wright would be coming to MN in a three way deal that landed Smith in GS. I would assume he got this from Wright or someone who had talked to Wright since he's a former UNC teammate.

Roughly, he thought it would be something like this....

From GSW: Harrington and Bellinelli to ATL and Wright to MN
From MN: McCants or Carney and one of our many accumulated #1s to ATL
From ATL: Smith to GS

He said it was just talk he heard and many other players/picks, etc could be involved, but that was the rough outline he laid out. I know Smith would be a BYC compensation player if he was S/T'd so maybe that's why the third teams involvement?
WarFan
RealGM

Post#58 » by WarFan » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:26 pm

Then we know it's BS because our FO doesn't talk to the players. :roll:
WarFan
RealGM

Post#59 » by WarFan » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:30 pm

There are at least two, blockbuster sign-and-trade proposals the Hawks are chewing on regarding Smith (one from a Western Conference power and the other from an Eastern Conference big dog) that could dramatically change the landscape in Hawksville.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/hawks/entries/2008/07/26/switching_lanes.html?cxntfid=blogs_hawks

I sincerely doubt that any writer would refer to GS as a "Western Conference power." I'd guess Hou, Uta or LAL.

As for using a third team to grease the BYC status, this rumor wouldn't really help. There needs to also be a bunch of filler.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,104

Post#60 » by HMFFL » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:33 pm

jpatrick wrote:Hello, MN fan here. The first I heard of this three way was on another Twolves board when one of the current UNC players (or who many there believe is a current UNC player), who is a frequent poster there, said he heard "talk" that Wright would be coming to MN in a three way deal that landed Smith in GS. I would assume he got this from Wright or someone who had talked to Wright since he's a former UNC teammate.

Roughly, he thought it would be something like this....

From GSW: Harrington and Bellinelli to ATL and Wright to MN
From MN: McCants or Carney and one of our many accumulated #1s to ATL
From ATL: Smith to GS

He said it was just talk he heard and many other players/picks, etc could be involved, but that was the rough outline he laid out. I know Smith would be a BYC compensation player if he was S/T'd so maybe that's why the third teams involvement?

I really don't like this for Atlanta. I don't see much growth for the team and it just means we have Al Harrington for two seasons at a cost that is just under what Josh Smith is seeking. Wright would probably need to go to Atlanta!

Return to Golden State Warriors