ImageImageImageImageImage

i think brandans about to get traded.

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Re: i think brandans about to get traded. 

Post#61 » by FNQ » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:35 pm

That, and I dont think McCants, Belinelli, Harrington, Carney, and a #1 from MIN is 'dramatically changing the landscape'...

The FO would never tell Wright he's being put into a deal unless the deal was finalized... if it was a contract dispute w/Smoove, Wright would never be told... if we couldnt agree with Josh, we'd essentially have to trade BW at that point. I'm not buying this BS... all the stuff I've seen has way too many holes and seems to be a pipe dream that came out of MIN trying to piggyback on a rumored ATL/GS deal.
WarFan
RealGM
And1: 1,484

Post#62 » by WarFan » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:38 pm

HMFFL wrote:Wright would probably need to go to Atlanta!

Yeah, that's another issue that doesn't make any sense. While I don't think Wright is what Atlanta is looking for, I have a really hard time believing that they'd take one of McCants/Carney and a protected 1st instead.
Hawks
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#63 » by Hawks » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:38 pm

If we trade Smoove and GS is involved. Hawks need to get Wright in return. Figure out the rest of the trade after that. Wright has to be the center piece for the Hawks. There is no way in the world ASG is going to sell Harrington to the fans. Wright on the hand you stand a better chance.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,965

Post#64 » by shrink » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:46 pm

Onus wrote:
shrink wrote:
I would also add that I think your expectations of Brandan Wright's value around the league may be inflated. I understand everyone sees their own young players as what they hope they will become, rather than what they are, but remember, other teams are doing the same thing. I spend a lot of time on the trade board, and I have to say that while I expect some magnification of value from the hometown fans, the GSW valuation of Wright is very much on the high end, and its not reflected in the, albeit, fairly uncommon, trades including him by the other 29 teams.

Our inflated value of Brandan seems to be shared by the Min posters as they all are jumping at the idea of getting Wright for McCants/Brewer/Gomes/Carney. :lol:

You understand that your statement does not prove your point logically, right?

First, your post says that some MIN fans think one of the four guys listed would be a good trade (with Belinelli involved). However, if you are basing it on individual posters, you have a poster in this thread that wouldn't trade Wright for Randy Foye. No MIN posters have said they'd do that deal.

Second, you are comparing two different things here. If a MIN fan said, "I'd trade $5 for your hamburger" and the GSW says, "I wouldn't do that," all you can determine is that the GSW fan believes the hamburger is worth more than $5. He could believe its worth $6 or $600, and my statement about overvalueing stands.

Lastly, I'm not blaming any of you for over-valueing their young players. Like I said, every team does that, seeing them how they hope they will be rather than what they will most likely become. We're fans, and we want to hope for the best. However, the few mentions of Brandan Wright I have seen have you guys being on the extreme end of fanbases over-valueing your youth. You did it with Patrick O'Bryant for a long time, and you've done it with Wright (who many of you wouldn't include even in a KG deal that got BOS a ring). I don't know if Wright will be traded or not, but if you're expecting Randy Foye+ for Wright, I think you're going to be disappointed.
WarFan
RealGM

Post#65 » by WarFan » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:52 pm

Shrink, Nick's trade had the same stuff going out on our end for Smith as the reported rumor. The difference was that he had Minny sending out Foye to Atlanta instead of McCants. He's not overvaluing Wright, he's undervaluing Foye.

As for GS fans not wanting to send out Wright in a KG trade, I'm calling BS. The problem for some was that they didn't want to include all three of Ellis, Biedrins and Wright in the deal. Most wanted to keep Biedrins.

In general, a lot of GS fans don't want to see Wright traded at all.
shrink
RealGM

Post#66 » by shrink » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:54 pm

jpatrick wrote:Hello, MN fan here. The first I heard of this three way was on another Twolves board when one of the current UNC players (or who many there believe is a current UNC player), who is a frequent poster there, said he heard "talk" that Wright would be coming to MN in a three way deal that landed Smith in GS. I would assume he got this from Wright or someone who had talked to Wright since he's a former UNC teammate.

Roughly, he thought it would be something like this....

From GSW: Harrington and Bellinelli to ATL and Wright to MN
From MN: McCants or Carney and one of our many accumulated #1s to ATL
From ATL: Smith to GS

He said it was just talk he heard and many other players/picks, etc could be involved, but that was the rough outline he laid out. I know Smith would be a BYC compensation player if he was S/T'd so maybe that's why the third teams involvement?

With MIN already having 7 guys on the roster that can play PF or C, I really don't have a strong opinion on this either way. However, I wanted to let you GSW fans know that this guy (banks) has a very solid history for breaking this kind of inside news, so he shouldn't just be dismissed as the typical wishful-thinking fan. For example, my previous post including Belinelli was not based on any inside info, just a collection of information I had (Azubuike signing, McHale comments about a combo guard, etc), and I laid it out as a trade tool for your discussion. I have no idea how you, or ATL, values Carney.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention. The first we heard about it on our board was from a POR insider, so the "wishful thinking" MIN fan theory doesn't really apply. banks was saying the same thing on another board.
WarFan
RealGM

Post#67 » by WarFan » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:56 pm

I haven't been following the news from LA regarding Bynum, but there seems to be some tension there. That combined with the description of a WC power makes me wonder if LA is thinking of shipping Bynum and some filler for Smoove.
shrink
RealGM

Post#68 » by shrink » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:56 pm

WarFan wrote: In general, a lot of GS fans don't want to see Wright traded at all.

That I agree with. We're all emotionally invested in our own young players.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#69 » by turk3d » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:58 pm

I really believe as a couple of posters have recently stated (I believe from Atlanta) that in order for them to trade Smith, Wright would have to be going to Atlanta (he really doesn't fit in with MInnesota). It likely would have to be a Wright/Harrington combination as a basis (Harrington with only 2 more years with an opt out available to him after one) which makes sense in order to compensate for Smith's loss (you would also need Harrington's salary to balance out Smith's likely S & T). I don't even think that Wright fits in with the T-Wolves when you look at their current roster (Wright would have to play 4 and it's Minny's goal as I understand it to move Big Al to 4 plus you just resigned both Gomes and Smith) plus Kevin Love, Juwan Howard and now Rodney Carney. I don't think you need another 4 on your team. Perahaps they could somehow facilitate the trade but it would have to be for other players. Golden State, now with Turiaf, Hendrix (and possibly Smith) would not need any more 4's either. Not sure what Minny would get in order to make it a viable 3-way. Atlanta and GS may have the pieces that are needed in order to make this happen should they both want to.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#70 » by Hopper15 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:03 pm

I don't think we're in the Smith hunt, unless we're now consider a WC powerhouse. :lol:

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared ... lanes.html
WarFan
RealGM

Post#71 » by WarFan » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:08 pm

shrink wrote:
WarFan wrote: In general, a lot of GS fans don't want to see Wright traded at all.

That I agree with. We're all emotionally invested in our own young players.

Emotion has nothing to do with it. The issue is that we drafted a young high-ceilinged prospect and we don't want to trade him before we have at least some clue of how much of his potential he's going to reach. So far, the only reasons we've seen to doubt him reaching his potential are that he hasn't put weight on as fast as some hoped (doesn't bother me) and he's had a few minor injuries since we drafted him. Other than that, he's looked great on the court and we just need the coach to play him more. It's really the same thing with most draft picks too, after they sign their rookie contracts you don't see teams trading prospects until they have a pretty good idea of what they'll become.
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#72 » by Sid the Squid » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:12 pm

WarFan wrote:I haven't been following the news from LA regarding Bynum, but there seems to be some tension there. That combined with the description of a WC power makes me wonder if LA is thinking of shipping Bynum and some filler for Smoove.
I'd love to see the lakers lose Bynum..
WarFan
RealGM

Post#73 » by WarFan » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:14 pm

^^Yeah, I don't really think that's gonna happen, but the "powerhouse" description makes me think LA and I don't see what else they'd be trading for Smith.
Head Leader
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#74 » by Head Leader » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:22 pm

lol @ the lakers if they think smoove is the answer to thier needs.

please let this be true.
"I am the Head leader, it all starts with me." - Monta Ellis

www.amuseaudio.com
Chris Cohan
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#75 » by Chris Cohan » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:35 pm

Suns.
deeney0
RealGM

Post#76 » by deeney0 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:37 pm

turk3d wrote:(Wright would have to play 4 and it's Minny's goal as I understand it to move Big Al to 4 plus you just resigned both Gomes and Smith) plus Kevin Love, Juwan Howard and now Rodney Carney. I don't think you need another 4 on your team.

FWIW, Juwan Howard hasn't been on the Wolves in almost a year. He was bought out, and spent last season with Dallas.

But I agree, Wright doesn't fit Minnesota and what the rumors have mentioned so far sound way too peachy for the Wolves, value-wise. If it wasn't for banks336's word (which should be trusted), this wouldn't even be worth giving a second thought to. As it is, there's something missing.
Sid the Squid
Banned User

Post#77 » by Sid the Squid » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:41 pm

Love on the warriors with Ellis-Randolph-Biedrins would crush the rest of the league
Chris Cohan
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#78 » by Chris Cohan » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:43 pm

If we sat on them...
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#79 » by turk3d » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:44 pm

deeney0 wrote:
turk3d wrote:(Wright would have to play 4 and it's Minny's goal as I understand it to move Big Al to 4 plus you just resigned both Gomes and Smith) plus Kevin Love, Juwan Howard and now Rodney Carney. I don't think you need another 4 on your team.

FWIW, Juwan Howard hasn't been on the Wolves in almost a year. He was bought out, and spent last season with Dallas.

But I agree, Wright doesn't fit Minnesota and what the rumors have mentioned so far sound way too peachy for the Wolves, value-wise. If it wasn't for banks336's word (which should be trusted), this wouldn't even be worth giving a second thought to. As it is, there's something missing.

Thanks for pointing that out. I forgot he was bought out. Unfortunately, he still shows up on your guys payroll for another year. Weird the way that works.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
WarFan
RealGM

Post#80 » by WarFan » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:54 pm

ROWELL wrote:Suns.

What are they going to trade though? Amare? Doubt it, and after that you're looking at a pretty weak package around Barbosa.

Here's the rest of the teams that I think could reasonably be described as "Western Conference Powers."

Houston - They're not trading Yao or McGrady, so again we're looking at a weak deal, although I do think this is a good fit for Smith.

New Orleans - Don't see the need or the willingness to break up the squad.

San Antonio - They don't have anything to trade.

Dallas - Atlanta has no need for Josh Howard and there isn't much else there for a deal.

Utah - This seems possible because we've heard rumblings that they might not be able or want to keep Boozer next summer, but I can't see AK-47 and Smoove in the same lineup.

Denver - :lol:

That leaves the Lakers, who I could see possibly wanting to move one of Bynum/Gasol. Bynum because of the problems coming back from his injury and his contract demands. Or Gasol because maybe they feel Smith would be a better fit next to a healthy Bynum.

Return to Golden State Warriors