ImageImageImageImageImage

Phil Jackson to the Warriors...

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Khoee
Banned User
And1: 1

Phil Jackson to the Warriors... 

Post#1 » by Khoee » Fri Oct 3, 2008 10:15 pm

this is straight from the jerk offs in the Hamptons so you know it has legs...apparently there's growing suspicion that Phil Jackson will take over as the VP of Basketball Operations for the Warriors next year...
warriortone
Veteran
And1: 7

Re: Phil Jackson to the Warriors... 

Post#2 » by warriortone » Fri Oct 3, 2008 10:20 pm

Nothing that fortunate would ever happen to the Warriors.
Sleepy51 wrote: a full blown groupthink brainfart
Ghostwolf
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Ghostwolf » Fri Oct 3, 2008 10:27 pm

Hamptons = Cohan?

Why on earth would Jackson leave a championship waiting to happen for the W's?
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#4 » by Sid the Squid » Fri Oct 3, 2008 10:30 pm

Khoee's rumors should always be taken seriously..K's got good connections throughout the Hamptons.
Dubs4sho-tho
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Dubs4sho-tho » Fri Oct 3, 2008 11:22 pm

For the people who beleive this: You smoke crack.
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#6 » by St.Nick » Fri Oct 3, 2008 11:37 pm

I'm interested to see which idiot runs with this rumor, using it as a platform to rip our FO and HC.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,085

Post#7 » by Twinkie defense » Fri Oct 3, 2008 11:41 pm

Phil might love to be running the Warriors' show, just so he could fire Nellie.

I don't see why he would leave the Lakers, though, with his girlfriend there and all. More likely that Mitch Kupchak gets canned and Jackson takes his job.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#8 » by turk3d » Sat Oct 4, 2008 12:22 am

We'll probably hire Kupchak. That would be the kind of dumb thing Cohan would do.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#9 » by St.Nick » Sat Oct 4, 2008 12:42 am

turk3d wrote:We'll probably hire Kupchak. That would be the kind of dumb thing Cohan would do.

We have a wiener!

BTW, your distaste for Kupchak is about two years late. He kept Bynum instead of trading him for Kidd and acquired Pau Gasol for peanuts. Remember the Lakers in the Finals last year?

Stay on par with these posts.
BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#10 » by BROWN » Sat Oct 4, 2008 5:11 am

Lock this thread, why khoee?
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#11 » by realfung » Sat Oct 4, 2008 6:31 am

haha....funny.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#12 » by turk3d » Sat Oct 4, 2008 10:51 pm

St.Nick wrote:
turk3d wrote:We'll probably hire Kupchak. That would be the kind of dumb thing Cohan would do.

We have a wiener!

BTW, your distaste for Kupchak is about two years late. He kept Bynum instead of trading him for Kidd and acquired Pau Gasol for peanuts. Remember the Lakers in the Finals last year?

Stay on par with these posts.

Yup. He does one or two things in his entire career (just recently) and that's enough for our management to jump at him. I'd like to see him try doing it over here with cheap Cohan/Rowell as his bosses. A lot different than working for Jerry Buss and his unlimited pocketbook and his willingness to spend it. A lot different. Yeah keep challenging my posts all you want Nick trying to make yourself look good. All you really are doing is making yourself bad like you're attempting to do to me. Have at it.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#13 » by St.Nick » Sat Oct 4, 2008 11:22 pm

So why does Chris Mullin always get blamed by you even though you admit that he is handicapped by "cheap" Cohan/Rowell (for the sake of argument we can ignore the fact that we have the 14th highest payroll in the league)?

And why does Kupchak under Buss gets no credit for sending his team to the finals last season and being the favorite to do it again this season?

Doesn't make sense. One guy get ripped for not doing enough with a "cheap" owner, the other guy gets ripped for doing a lot with a spendy owner.
Abyss Impact
Banned User

Post#14 » by Abyss Impact » Sat Oct 4, 2008 11:41 pm

I posted this to see what the Lakers bandwagon think about this and they laughed at the idea and said you are (Please Use More Appropriate Word) to believe this. OP, Thoughts?
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=841885
turk3d
RealGM

Post#15 » by turk3d » Sat Oct 4, 2008 11:58 pm

St.Nick wrote:So why does Chris Mullin always get blamed by you even though you admit that he is handicapped by "cheap" Cohan/Rowell (for the sake of argument we can ignore the fact that we have the 14th highest payroll in the league)?

The only way he was handicapped (if any) is having to stay under the lux tax (we could be 14th highest as you say but we've never been over the tax to my knowledge). He made some horrible deals in the past (Damp, Foyle, Murphy, Dunleavy just to name a few) but was able to get out of it through the Indiana trade (to a large extent). Then he lost Baron to the Clips which may not have been a bad thing had he not went into a "panic" reactionary mode and picked up Maggette and then Turiaf and lost all his cap savings. Had ne not done that, then he could easily have taken a flyer on a guy like Livingston and would have extra some money in order to make a Jack and or Harrington trade more feasible. By shooting his wad on those acquisitions, and his inabiliity to go beyond luxury tax (based on limitations placed on him by Rowell/Cohan) he has lost all flexibility that he had obtained from the Baron and J-Rich trades pretty much for this offseason, all being under the guise that he's trying to "win now" which doesn't bode too well for someone who appears on the way out. Nomatter how much I like Mullin as a person and basketball knowledge (which I do) it just doesn't sound too bright to me.

And why does Kupchak under Buss gets no credit for sending his team to the finals last season and being the favorite to do it again this season?

Kupchak may get some credit for what he did last year, but this is the first time in a pretty long career he has. It's hard to screw up when have you an owner like he does and one who surrounds Kupcake with a lot of people who advise him. Let's see what he does from here on out. Maybe he's finally learned how to GM after say what, 10 years? Plus he has arguably the greatest coach ever (he didn't do so well while Jackson was gone). And he has the "Michael Jordan" of this era playing for him. Credit a lot of last years success also to the inepttude of the Grizzlies FO who essentiallly gave him a "gift" in Gasol. Put "twiddle-dumb" and "twiddle-dee" on the Lakers and with that team, I bet they make it to the finals as well.
Doesn't make sense. One guy get ripped for not doing enough with a "cheap" owner, the other guy gets ripped for doing a lot with a spendy owner.[/quote]
Does it make sense now?
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#16 » by St.Nick » Sun Oct 5, 2008 12:23 am

No, it still doesn't make sense.

Your claim that Mullin is operating from a handicap because his owner has never gone into the luxury tax. But (and I've had this discussion with other posters on this already) going into the lux tax does not equal success. It's not that simple. If it was, then the two highest paid teams in the league would be in the Finals every year. Instead, you've got teams like the Knicks and the Blazers who haven't even made the playoffs in several seasons paying gobs of money in luxury tax. Money does not equal success.

Also, you claim that it was a mistake to sign Maggette--who could very likely lead our team in scoring this season-- and Turiaf, because it got in the way of signing guys like Shaun Livingston. Hobbled, non-NBA ready, set to rehab most of the 2008 season, Shaun Livingston. That certainly does not make any sense in any way whatsoever. Your evaluations are simply off.

Your take on Kupchak downplays how difficult it is to get a team to the Finals. Kupchak--like EVERY SINGLE GM IN THE LEAGUE-- has had some misses to go along with his hits. Irregardless, he put together that team and they succeeded and will continue to succeed for a long time to come. Kobe, Bynum, Gasol, Fisher, Farmar, Odom...all acquired (or in Kobe's case, re-signed) by Kupchak. The guy isn't perfect but he is a hell of a lot better than you give him credit for.
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#17 » by Sid the Squid » Sun Oct 5, 2008 12:24 am

:violin:
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#18 » by St.Nick » Sun Oct 5, 2008 12:29 am

One more thing...do you not see the imbalance of saying that the W's do not spend enough and then saying that they should have held off on using the cap space allotted to them this offseason?
Jerry Maine
Sixth Man
And1: 740

Post#19 » by Jerry Maine » Sun Oct 5, 2008 2:30 am

PhilJax is staying in coaching until he has at least one more ring than Red.

Nuff said

J
"What're they gonna say now, boy?" - Wardell Stephen Curry, 16th June 2022
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#20 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon Oct 6, 2008 3:28 pm

Cohan isn't cheap. You can accuse him of making poor decisions, but I wouldn't call him cheap. He doesn't have the deep pockets of the majority of the other owners, but look at our salary cap, which has flirted with the lux tax at times. Buying out Monty and bringing in Nellie also shows that he isn't afraid to throw some money around. He could have simple waited for Monty's contract to expire.

IMO that the Warriors are trying to be smart regarding the Cap and who to build the team around.

It was a smart decision to build around Monta and Biedrins, instead of Baron. However, there are a few more moves that need to be done to continue with the youth movement.

I don't see Jackson coming to the Warriors, unless the Warriors know that Nellie won't be back next year. I don't see the FO turning their back on Nellie with the team's recent success. I don't think the Warriors FO trusts Mullin and the Baron situation tells me that they don't see eye to eye with Mullin either regarding the future of the team. Mullin has to be job interviewing/seeking as I type this. He has to know that his days are numbered.

Jackson has to be ready for another challenge and probably can't wait to get out of the media circus.

Return to Golden State Warriors