ImageImageImageImageImage

WARRIORS SAID NO TO BARON DAVIS TRADE!

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

bay2hk
Pro Prospect
And1: 40

Re: WARRIORS SAID NO TO BARON DAVIS TRADE! 

Post#21 » by bay2hk » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:34 am

Now if clippers throw in a 1st round pick then it may be worth it. I like baron but the length of his contract and health is a big negative. Warriors can get much more for Maggette.
J-Rich-
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#22 » by J-Rich- » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:39 am

bay2hk wrote:Now if clippers throw in a 1st round pick then it may be worth it. I like baron but the length of his contract and health is a big negative. Warriors can get much more for Maggette.

if it's unprotected then we'd do this but clippers wouldn't do that
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,665

Post#23 » by Coxy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:42 am

J-Rich- wrote:
bay2hk wrote:Now if clippers throw in a 1st round pick then it may be worth it. I like baron but the length of his contract and health is a big negative. Warriors can get much more for Maggette.

if it's unprotected then we'd do this but clippers wouldn't do that

Yep, definately not even worth discussing that one.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#24 » by old rem » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:02 am

BeRight32 wrote:there waiting for these trades to go down

Andris
Turiaf
Azubuike
for
Louis Amundson
Amare Stoudemire

Anthony Randolph
Brandan Wright
Jamal Crawford
for
Jamario Moon
Chris Bosh

Then they trade Maggette/Williams for Baron and the clips 2nd round pick

Baron/Watson/FA
Ellis/Belinelli/Morrow
Jackson/Moon
Bosh/Kurz/FA
Amare/Amundson/FA

jk

And when Amare and Bosh both bolt we are SO VERY screwed. Either half of that--is unacceptable risk. No WAY we'd have a prayer of signing both.....(MAX $$$) and having Amundsen,Kurz,Moon as the frontcourt bench?
CENSORED... No comment.
BeRight32
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#25 » by BeRight32 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:10 am

lol you guys know how my post says jk at the bottom...that means Just Kidding....like joking around.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#26 » by Coxy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:21 am

BeRight32 wrote:lol you guys know how my post says jk at the bottom...that means Just Kidding....like joking around.

Oh no no no. BeRight, there is to be no joking around here at all. :wink:
BeRight32
Banned User

Post#27 » by BeRight32 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:59 am

lol
S3n1le_N3ls0n
Senior

Post#28 » by S3n1le_N3ls0n » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:19 am

BeRight32 wrote:lol you guys know how my post says jk at the bottom...that means Just Kidding....like joking around.

Ya...i was reading through this thread and i was surprised to see more replies to your trade than to Baron/Maggs. Made me lol
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#29 » by GswStorm3 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:19 am

We're fools if we rejected a trade to add a franchise PG in favor of that black hole Maggette.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,804

Post#30 » by floppymoose » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:20 am

Hopper15 wrote:The net effect of that deal would be keeping Davis for more money and years than he originally agreed to (which Rowell overturned), plus they lost a conditional first round pick in the Williams deal. How bad would that make Rowell/Nelson look?

Spot on. Plus Nellie has figured out the best way to use Maggette, and to Maggette's credit, he is going along. This is all good for Maggette's future trade value. Meanwhile Baron's is dropping fast.
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#31 » by Sid the Squid » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:29 am

Baron never had any trade value..Why can't you get it through your thick skull...He's hated across the league..Ive been telling you that for year's..The Butthurt Baron fans are finally coming out of their homer haze.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#32 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:40 am

Mylie10 wrote:
Hopper15 wrote:The net effect of that deal would be keeping Davis for more money and years than he originally agreed to (which Rowell overturned), plus they lost a conditional first round pick in the Williams deal. How bad would that make Rowell/Nelson look?

Hopper nails it right here.

I know we brought back Webber last year and that blew a few people away. But there's no way Rowell turns down the extension and then goes back and deals for him at a higher rate after the fact.

floppymoose wrote:

Spot on. Plus Nellie has figured out the best way to use Maggette, and to Maggette's credit, he is going along. This is all good for Maggette's future trade value. Meanwhile Baron's is dropping fast.

What they said^^^

giberish wrote:Dunleavy LOATHES Maggette. There's no way this is legit.

You don't think Dumbleavy loathes Baron?

This deal is a nonstarter... Nellie likes Maggette, and Rowell already nixed Baron at less years and less dollars.

More interesting is the failed Baron + Kaman to Dallas for the expiring Kidd that Cuban balked at.

The bottom line is LA just signed Baron for too long... no one is going to want to touch that deal.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#33 » by shazam_guy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:14 am

The Nelson-boosters are out in force, I see, but what's interesting is how they're also all Davis-haters, too. It really is like politics -- I think the term is "linkage".

I'll tell you why Dunleavy may have wanted Maggette back -- to package for another deal to someone like Cleveland who wants a scorer to replace West/Pavlovic. Cavs have got a pg, so they don't want Baron, but they may have something else the Clippers want.
nismolos
Pro Prospect
And1: 104

Post#34 » by nismolos » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:29 am

I dont care what anyone says... I :love: the thought of Davis/Belly/Jackson/Bosh/Biedrins. Can we finally be considered a defensive team??
Coxy
RealGM

Post#35 » by Coxy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:49 am

nismolos wrote:I dont care what anyone says... I :love: the thought of Davis/Belly/Jackson/Bosh/Biedrins. Can we finally be considered a defensive team??

:lol:
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,804

Post#36 » by floppymoose » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:50 am

Sid the Squid wrote:Baron never had any trade value..Why can't you get it through your thick skull...He's hated across the league..Ive been telling you that for year's..

That's clearly false. He opted out and signed a 5 year 65 mil deal. You don't think the Clips would have been willing to trade for him as an EC if he hadn't opted out?? :crazy:
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#37 » by St.Nick » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:23 am

Although agreeing with it would help my "agenda", I'm going to call this out as a BSPN story.

Its just too easy to say, "The Clips screwed up by signing Baron from GS, and GS screwed up by signing Corey from the Clips...so duhhhhh."

Ignorant national fans would eat a story like this up, but people that know about the Dunleavy-Mags history and the W's refusal to give Baron that contract know better.

BTW, notice that I don't seize every opportunity to "build my case", so to speak. I wish a few others here would do the same.
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#38 » by migya » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:08 pm

No way any trade to get back Baron would have even bee talked about. The management here doesn't want him and so won't even thinki about getting him back. It would be great to have him back though and for Maggette would be even sweeter, but forget it

Return to Golden State Warriors