ImageImageImageImageImage

Keeping the kids...at all cost!!!

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Keeping the kids...at all cost!!! 

Post#1 » by Mylie10 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:37 pm

i still consider Biedrins a kid. Monta's still a kid. Turiaf is the old man of the group at 26. As long as Don Nelson is gonna be here, I can survive if the following guys don't get traded.

Monta
Morrow
Randolph
Wright
Biedrins
Turiaf

Maybe Belly, but I have this feeling he's already gone. I'm worried about Wright who "TheoldTornado" might not be completely happy with. But those guys right there are a nice foundation of a team. They need help, but if they can grow together and then add a few pieces, we should be able to outlast the tornado before it blows everything apart.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Khoee
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Keeping the kids...at all cost!!! 

Post#2 » by Khoee » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:33 pm

it all depends on season ticket renewals...anyone know how those are going?
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#3 » by and1GS » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:07 am

Khoee wrote:it all depends on season ticket renewals...anyone know how those are going?

How does keeping the players listed have to do with ticket renewals? With the exception of Biedrins/Ellis those are the cheapest contracts on our team.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#4 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:54 am

and1GS wrote:
Khoee wrote:it all depends on season ticket renewals...anyone know how those are going?

How does keeping the players listed have to do with ticket renewals? With the exception of Biedrins/Ellis those are the cheapest contracts on our team.

Season ticket renewal season is right now. If tickets aren't getting sold, the front office will try to bring in another "name" to boost sales in the fall. If STH's aren't renewing based on the kids potential, the kids are going to mean a lot less to Rowell than they mean on the court.

It's a dangerous time.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#5 » by Sid the Squid » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:58 am

You guys are way off base..If ticket sales took top priority, Baron would of been resigned..
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#6 » by old rem » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:41 am

Sid the Squid wrote:You guys are way off base..If ticket sales took top priority, Baron would of been resigned..

Good point.

Kurz should be on the way out. Watson and Davidson ought to be candidates but not guaranteed. I like both but we don't have a lot of slots to play with. I don't see a deal where we come out ahead trading any of the 25 and under guys. Kurz+ Marcus add up to 2 slots and if we do a draft trade down, that's apt to mean a #1 and a player or another pick incoming....using those up. CJW has the credibility to get a low end FA deal somewhere. I'd offer him the opportunity to fend of any preseason competition. Likely he can do better

IF..we deal Mags or Crawford or Jackson...SOMETHING is coming back. Maybe more bodies than go out.
We MIGHT get something for one of the 3 veterans...might only see deals where we'd need to add Belli, Wright or whatever to just get short contract crap. If that's the way it goes...screw it. Just can Nellie and let the new guy know we need young guys to play. Craw, Maggs, Jack do the MAX damage if some twit thinks we need to sacrifice keepers to "dump" veterans who at least have some useful qualities.

The part that I find troubling is the bit about a zany coach and a front office in a state of confusion.
Which is worse, that they don't communicate or that they do?
CENSORED... No comment.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#7 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:42 pm

Sid the Squid wrote:You guys are way off base..If ticket sales took top priority, Baron would of been resigned..

You missed a meeting.

Season ticket renewal season last year occurred right while Baron's game fell into the depression tank, and Monta was putting up 20ppg on 60% shooting. Monta carried the ticket sales last year while the vets folded up shop. Salespeople think about things like that. That's about the extent of their basketball awareness. Baron "wasn't re-signed" because Ro ever considered the possibility he would opt out of $17MM. The suit fully expected to have him here this season while the transition to annointing Monta as "face of the franchise" was completed.

They NEVER take thier eye off the ticket sales ball. Never. It's all they know.
Khoee
Banned User

Post#8 » by Khoee » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:29 pm

a couple other points on Baron...

1. Rowell refused to extend Baron at 3/39 because he never thought he'd opt out...he thought he had Baron by the balls and could get one more contract run season out of him to go along with a 50 win season and playoff birth...that would have ensured strong renewals for the next few seasons...

2. When he did opt out, Cohan / Rowell didn't want to pony up $65M for a fat, unmotivated, injury prone player who was way past his prime and thought they could get by with Nellie's name to appease STH's...

Net, net, Management wiffed big time on #1...I've heard that season ticket sales are soft which is probably being driven more by the economy than the product...whatever the reason, it puts pressure on Management to bring in a name in the off-season unless we get a top 3 pick...if not, look for 1 or 2 of the young guys to hit the road...

Sleepy's 100% right with this one...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#9 » by Mylie10 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:51 pm

Khoee wrote:a couple other points on Baron...

1. Rowell refused to extend Baron at 3/39 because he never thought he'd opt out...he thought he had Baron by the balls and could get one more contract run season out of him to go along with a 50 win season and playoff birth...that would have ensured strong renewals for the next few seasons...

2. When he did opt out, Cohan / Rowell didn't want to pony up $65M for a fat, unmotivated, injury prone player who was way past his prime and thought they could get by with Nellie's name to appease STH's...

Net, net, Management wiffed big time on #1...I've heard that season ticket sales are soft which is probably being driven more by the economy than the product...whatever the reason, it puts pressure on Management to bring in a name in the off-season unless we get a top 3 pick...if not, look for 1 or 2 of the young guys to hit the road...

Sleepy's 100% right with this one...

One of your best posts in a long time and also very scary.

Hopefully we finally see Wright and Randolph play with Biedrins and monta and they completely take apart somebody with the kids playing 40 minutes and posting big numbers. That should bring some confidence to the STH's.

But alas I'm not confident that any of them will be allowed to finish a game.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
rone415
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#10 » by rone415 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:54 pm

For whatever's this is worth, season tix prices are down to prices of 2 yrs ago so they are trying to drum up sales that way. Plus, the new payment plan that runs till Nov and free autograph jersey of any Warrior if you renew by 4/9.

Also, a lot of fellow STH around me are not renewing their tix for the coming season. A lot of folks have been inquiring about partnering up cause it's still way too expensive given todays economy. I'm renewing mine, but partnering up with someone who had seats for themselves. Honestly, I just don't think a lot of folks are renewing this time around due to a lot of follks financial situations.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#11 » by FNQ » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:57 pm

If the STH renewal is pretty much before FA and the draft, dont the Warriors essentially have until the trade deadline to make a move?

I think its just as likely the W's try and become big time players at the deadline with their youth (re: BW) than try it in the offseason...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#12 » by Mylie10 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:00 pm

rone415 wrote:For whatever's this is worth, season tix prices are down to prices of 2 yrs ago so they are trying to drum up sales that way. Plus, the new payment plan that runs till Nov and free autograph jersey of any Warrior if you renew by 4/9.

Also, a lot of fellow STH around me are not renewing their tix for the coming season. A lot of folks have been inquiring about partnering up cause it's still way too expensive given todays economy. I'm renewing mine, but partnering up with someone who had seats for themselves. Honestly, I just don't think a lot of folks are renewing this time around due to a lot of follks financial situations.

I get that..........we'vew already cancelled a trip we've gone on for most of our lives because of the economy.

i would think that Rowell and company would be keeping track of the ticket sale trends around the country. All teams will suffer next year.

Having a strong exciting youth is a great way to get people excited for next year though.

Jackson retiring for spring 09 is one of the best things that could happen for the rest of this season and next year..
Khoee wrote “
Khoee
Banned User

Post#13 » by Khoee » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:01 pm

except for the fact that a lottery pick is much more valuable before the draft vs. after the draft...
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#14 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:29 pm

Khoee wrote:except for the fact that a lottery pick is much more valuable before the draft vs. after the draft...

Also,

Sales is a year round business.

What they don't sell in season tickets they need to unload in multi-game packages and walk ups. They end of STH renewal season doesn't mean the end of marketing season. If the renewalls are dissapointing, that creates urgency for in season buzz. They need something to put butts in seats in December. I don't think they just give all those un-pre-sold seats to charity if March-June is a flop.

I'm really bummed that I put the hex on their VC trade talks last summer. Jack woulda been out of here, and there would be no Maggs.

Sorry guys.
Khoee
Banned User

Post#15 » by Khoee » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:31 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:Also,

Sales is a year round business.

Exactly...they have year over year comparisons for all this stuff...
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#16 » by Twinkie defense » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:40 am

It would be pretty funny if Jerry West came to be our GM, and first order of business was to trade Randolph for Shane Battier.
Khoee
Banned User

Post#17 » by Khoee » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:15 am

West is no different than Nellie...they're both egotistical control freaks who want to win with their guys...otherwise, they'd have to share the credit...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#18 » by Mylie10 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:32 pm

I'm scared for Brandan again. i just get the feeling that he's not in Nellie's plans.

although when coming out of the game in one instance last night he got the hand from the "Don". that was good to see. I know it sounds petty, but the "Don" doesn't always put the hand out there.

Even with Randolph's crazy revert back to out of controlness last night, I think he's already passed the muster test and is here to stay barring some huge deal for a big time talent.

Morrow's a lock to stay.

Get healthy Belly!!!
Khoee wrote “
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#19 » by Twinkie defense » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:51 pm

Wright looked pretty weak last night. Don't want him to go, but dunno if I'd have been in the hand-slapping mode with him last night either.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#20 » by Mylie10 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:55 pm

Heard Nellie yesterday on with Ralph. He doesn't sound down on BW, but who really knows? He did call him B - Wright in the interview, which was a term of affection.

Sounds like his shoulder is sore again and he might miss a couple of games.

Also said he'd like to play Randolph 35 minutes, but with his groin he doesn't know how long he can go in each stinit on the floor.

Ronny's knee is really bothering him too, so it's just a mess.
Khoee wrote “

Return to Golden State Warriors