ImageImageImageImageImage

With the 7th pick of the 2009 NBA Draft...

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Re: 2009 draft lottery... 

Post#21 » by Sid the Squid » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:07 am

Wall is an elite midget..
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,160

Post#22 » by TB » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:00 am

Sid the Squid wrote:NBA needs a higher age minimum.. fast..Too bad it's not coming until the next CBA...These kids suck..

AAU is ruining basketball. Kid's are more athletic, while being twice as stupid.

I was more impressed with Marcus Jordan than most of the players out there. It was nice to see someone actually understand what they should be doing.
cookie
Junior
And1: 0

Post#23 » by cookie » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:01 am

wall is the next d rose
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#24 » by old rem » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:29 am

CCIIIs Hair wrote:Anyone who watched a good amount of UCLA games this past season can tell you that Ben Howland's system really held Jrue back and limited his productivity.

On ESPN Chad Ford has an article in which he says that several scouts and GM's are still high on Holiday, and could see him going in the lottery. You can take that however you want, considering it is Chad Ford, but it's still interesting at the very least.

If a guy is so good he's a future NBA starter, how does a guy even invent a system that makes him less than as good as any of the Rd 2 guys? Holliday was one of 200+ guys in college ball who were AVERAGE.

Chad Ford often says things that are really dumb. Yeah....over the years there has alweays been a scout or GM who got his job through luck and connections and will lose it off a dumb move.
Holiday may yet become a real NBA prospect but currently is a reach ANYWHERE in rd 1.
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM

Post#25 » by old rem » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:43 am

When it comes to a midsizer, a SF/SG type.....he has to at LEAST get 15 ppg or have VERY flashy assists, rebounds, the wingspan of a B 52 and the hops of a kangaroo.

If not...you really need to suspect you got steered wrong. Mostly..an NBA team needs a SG/SF to score. A PG has to score some and get assists. When a guy does not score much or get assists and is not a 7-2 shotblocker..then he's no lotto guy and a bad risk as a rd 1.
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM

Post#26 » by old rem » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:10 am

TB wrote:It's hard to watch high school allstar games...

You noticed that too? Man...this year's HS All Stars are especially generic. How rare was a bit of D?
Anyone could drive and stuff with no resistance, so the kids tried to hot-dog it up a bit.
s for getting much sense of who MAY be a Pro in a year or two? Well..nothing solid. Wall seems to have ball skills but is there a whole package or just "And One" stuff?

As usual....some prophet will give his blessing to one of these kids based loosely on these All Star games.
That guy (or 3-4 of them) will be given a free pass to the next lottery.

Some guy who actually EARNS it...will get passed over till later and will have to fight for respect for a couple of years

the injustice always pisses me off. Might be why I'm not apt to be for us drafting a guy like DeRozean who does not deserve it.
CENSORED... No comment.
BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#27 » by BROWN » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:25 am

We need a solid backup point guard, since CJ will be gone and I hope he is because the way he ended the year, the warriors are bound to send him a huge contract (which none of us want).

I think if Jennings lands to us at 7, it'd be great, but if not I'm down for Evans, he def has a good build to be a PG, not sure whether he'd be play any defense, seems like his mindset is to score just like everyone else on this team. He reminds me of a taller Will Bynum, don't know why. At 7 if were looking at point guards, my 1/2/3 are Jennings/Evans/Lawson.
5Strong
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#28 » by 5Strong » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:38 am

Yeah, some guy will earn it, but it's pretty hard pinpointing that guy. If you're good you can spot him, but the lower the draft pick, the less chance there is he will pan out. Even if all these scouts look like idiots, they're still right most of the time...of course, they could still be idiots, it's just that the top pick talents are hard to overlook. The point is, guys are projected at the top for a reason, even if they're riding on hype...that hype doesn't exist unless there is talent. A lot of talented people take things for granted and that can be frustrating, but that's life. It's easy to say pick the less hyped guy who maximizes his potential...but then, that guy just might really have inescapable flaws that will keep him from ever being a good NBA player. Most of them do.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#29 » by Sleepy51 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:55 pm

old rem wrote:Some guy who actually EARNS it...will get passed over till later and will have to fight for respect for a couple of years

the injustice always pisses me off. Might be why I'm not apt to be for us drafting a guy like DeRozean who does not deserve it.

Deserve? Injustice?

There have always been more "Old Rem big stiffs" hanging around in this league cashing paychecks than Gerald Greens. Your guys get their chances. They just don't usually manage to not embarrass themselves on the court at this level. They have still taken home more of this league's money over time than all of the high school busts have.

Besides, they get the coaching/broadcasting golden parachute if they have an inkling of personality. Cry me a fricking river about the "insjustice" [scoff] perpetrated against Richard Hendrix and Tyler Hansboro.

Injustice. pppppffffffttttttt.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#30 » by Mylie10 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:41 am

Cough!Sheldon Williams..cough cough
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Sid the Squid
Banned User

Post#31 » by Sid the Squid » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:45 am

I remember rem's love affair with Nick Fazekas
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#32 » by Mylie10 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:53 am

Sid the Squid wrote:I remember rem's love affair with Nick Fazekas

Shuddup! You'r the one calling for Tyler "Rock" Hansborough
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#33 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:01 am

Cough cough . . . Madsen
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#34 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:07 am

I'm imagining what the HS all star game that featured Ike, Shelden and Nick Fakeazz would have looked like. I'm thinking like a WNBA game pre-season game.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,160

Post#35 » by TB » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:08 am

How does someone like Derozan not deserve it?

He may have improved more than anyone in the country over the course of the season. All while being under an immense amount of scrutiny.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#36 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:11 am

TB wrote:How does someone like Derozan not deserve it?

He may have improved more than anyone in the country over the course of the season. All while being under an immense amount of scrutiny.

In Rem's twisted world he doesn't deserve it because he has significantly more than the baseline NBA prerequisite athletic ability. To Rem'ites this physical ability is just a natural gift and therefor unearned and unworthy of acknowledgment or reward . . . as though that athletic ability wasn't cultivated by hours and hours in the gym and on the playground. As though the differences in ability between Jack Haley and Shaw Kemp weren't earned.

That ability was worked for, sweated for and earned just as surely as Ike's footwork, or Tyler's hustle. But Rem doesn't identify with the athletic kids, so their work doesn't count.
Sid the Squid
Banned User

Post#37 » by Sid the Squid » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:12 am

I'm a big DeRozan fan...Kid has AR sized balls....
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#38 » by Mylie10 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:26 am

I'm really warming to the idea of JRue based on someone saying that he was spitting fire during timeouts.

Morrow and AR are full of fire. We need that throughout the team.

also would like Andris to start talking ess and getting T'd up. He already fights for every rebound, he might as well be willing to fight for real. He's way to nice.

If someone wants to start a Biedrins is to nice thread, then I'll be on that one.

We need tougness from our draft pick. Rubio better be tough. i think he's pretty tough mentally based on all the hype he's had since he was getting his first hair under his arms. He's had pressure from the minute he got noticed, so he has to be tough somewhat? right?

I do love Blair. If we trade down, I'd love to get blair in here.
Khoee wrote “
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#39 » by FNQ » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:41 am

Blair could have a Maxiell/Landry type of impact on the game.... I wouldnt mind landing him with a late 1st. No way he can play at a high level for 82 games though, needs to show up a lot lighter to the combine...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#40 » by Mylie10 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:52 am

FireNellieQuick wrote:Blair could have a Maxiell/Landry type of impact on the game.... I wouldnt mind landing him with a late 1st. No way he can play at a high level for 82 games though, needs to show up a lot lighter to the combine...

Belly could possibly land us a late first. Or we could just trade for him after he's picked.
Khoee wrote “

Return to Golden State Warriors