ImageImageImageImageImage

What is your breaking point as a fan?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Re: What is your breaking point as a fan? 

Post#41 » by FNQ » Sun Aug 2, 2009 11:39 pm

Signing Buke to a 3rd contract would really hurt the basketball fan in me... I'd have to watch him for another cluster of years :banghead:

Another Nellie extension as coach could do it... trading AR... publicly stating Jack is our #1 option... I dunno.

Sure as **** isn't Marco Belinelli though... although the overreaction was probably the most fun this board has been since the Amar'e deal..
Dark Star
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#42 » by Dark Star » Mon Aug 3, 2009 2:22 am

As a Denver Broncos fan it was trading Cutler and firing Shanahan. To top it off hiring a cheater for a coacch. I see football on TV and change the channel asap. I'm sure all you raider fand had a blast watching that go down this summer. I'll be back but not until McCheater is gone.

As far as the Ws go...trading Beans and/or AR will seriously be a test.
oaktown_refugee wrote:lol @ Cheney as "shooting" guard...
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#43 » by FNQ » Mon Aug 3, 2009 3:31 am

you're a Bronco fan? :lol:

Broncos always want to beat the Raiders, even if its who can be a bigger joke of a franchise... any chance you guys can alienate Champ Bailey to boot?
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#44 » by St.Nick » Mon Aug 3, 2009 1:32 pm

As far as franchises go, the Raiders are like slithering maggots born inside a pile of dog turd. It can't get any worse. But its never been about the football team for those fans, at least not in the past 20 years. Its about wearing black and trying to look rebellious. And thats why Raiders fans suck.
GDS20
Bench Warmer

Post#45 » by GDS20 » Mon Aug 3, 2009 2:48 pm

my breaking is when they relocate the team
Head Leader
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#46 » by Head Leader » Mon Aug 3, 2009 5:07 pm

St.Nick wrote:As far as franchises go, the Raiders are like slithering maggots born inside a pile of dog turd. It can't get any worse. But its never been about the football team for those fans, at least not in the past 20 years. Its about wearing black and trying to look rebellious. And thats why Raiders fans suck.

Nick with the bullseye
"I am the Head leader, it all starts with me." - Monta Ellis

www.amuseaudio.com
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#47 » by FNQ » Mon Aug 3, 2009 5:11 pm

Black hole fans are like that... no different than saying all 9er fans are oversensitive golf clapping fairies..

Raider fans are among the most loyal in all of sports... still have a huge following in LA and across the country despite Al Davis... :lol: that take is worse than the Belinelli trade shaking your faith in the W's FO..
Head Leader
Sixth Man

Post#48 » by Head Leader » Mon Aug 3, 2009 5:20 pm

Im a 9er fan from Richmond I'd same im nothing like an "oversensitive golf clapping fairy"

The arguing over "fandom" has gone a bit to far, but i always have to stop to take a jab at the Raiders

:)

www.amuseaudio.com
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#49 » by Sid the Squid » Mon Aug 3, 2009 5:24 pm

In the 70's as a Raider diehard, I got then Denver Bronco Lyle Alzado to flip me off. It was my proudest moment wearing the black and silver..Best uniforms in all of sports. I loved being hated.

Switched my loyalties to the 49ers right before THE DYNASTY. :burger: I had incredible timing..From Stabler - Casper - Madden to Montana-Lott-Walsh
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by FNQ » Mon Aug 3, 2009 5:56 pm

Of my immediate circle of friends, 3 are 9er fans, 3 raider fans... we both go to each others games too...

I actually love going to the 9er games... went to the NYJ game and had a guy sitting in front of me with a Favre jersey... tore into him all game and the 9ers fans joined in, good times.

Do that at a Raider game and you might incite the fans to beat his ass... but what do you expect from us? 3 and outs make fans pissy
KR4
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#51 » by KR4 » Mon Aug 3, 2009 6:01 pm

My breaking point is never.

I take pride in the fact that I've remained a fan for all these years. People think, 'there's a man with principles.' hahaha...

I think its like sticking with Pabst, Blue Ribbon. It was a great beer once...and now its just muddled in sub-standard mediocrity. You could do better...but there's something familiar, and something you take pride in for sticking to your guns.
Leeeee's Nuts!
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#52 » by turk3d » Mon Aug 3, 2009 6:22 pm

It's cheaper too (probably another reason to stick with it). The Warriors are not cheap however (just with their players, not with their tickets).
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
KR4
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#53 » by KR4 » Mon Aug 3, 2009 6:46 pm

turk3d wrote:It's cheaper too (probably another reason to stick with it). The Warriors are not cheap however (just with their players, not with their tickets).

:blank:
Leeeee's Nuts!
5Strong
Pro Prospect

Post#54 » by 5Strong » Mon Aug 3, 2009 8:00 pm

When I was a kid I was still trying to decide whether to be Raider or 49er fan. I went to a 49er game and the whole section was quiet except for one woman behind me saying "Come on, baby!" in a high-pitched cooing voice every couple minutes. Went to a Raider game and someone put a helmet on my head, picked me up, and I was passed around the stands like a beach ball while the crowd screamed at the top of its lungs. My choice was made.
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#55 » by Sid the Squid » Mon Aug 3, 2009 8:07 pm

5Strong wrote:When I was a kid I was still trying to decide whether to be Raider or 49er fan. I went to a 49er game and the whole section was quiet except for one woman behind me saying "Come on, baby!" in a high-pitched cooing voice every couple minutes. Went to a Raider game and someone put a helmet on my head, picked me up, and I was passed around the stands like a beach ball while the crowd screamed at the top of its lungs. My choice was made.
that's classic because I know it's true :bowdown: ..I had the same type of experience at my 1st raiders game (the Sea of Hands game)..The crowd was incredibly fun to be part of..I knew I'd never be the same :P
Head Leader
Sixth Man

Post#56 » by Head Leader » Mon Aug 3, 2009 8:27 pm

5Strong wrote:When I was a kid I was still trying to decide whether to be Raider or 49er fan. I went to a 49er game and the whole section was quiet except for one woman behind me saying "Come on, baby!" in a high-pitched cooing voice every couple minutes. Went to a Raider game and someone put a helmet on my head, picked me up, and I was passed around the stands like a beach ball while the crowd screamed at the top of its lungs. My choice was made.

Thats how i feel about the A's and Giants... although ive been a Giants fan my whole life I always remember going to games in Oakland (since it was closer) and the A's fans actually being a part of the experience...

everytime i go to a Giants game i feel like people are busy counting their money instead of watching the damn game..although its getting a bit better because of Lincecum...its still not as hype as an A's crowd.

www.amuseaudio.com
5Strong
Pro Prospect

Post#57 » by 5Strong » Mon Aug 3, 2009 9:24 pm

Yeah, I'm a Giants fan. I can handle it more with baseball because it's more of a relaxing game, you can just sit there with a beer and chill.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,085

Post#58 » by Twinkie defense » Tue Aug 4, 2009 3:05 am

Warriors have some exciting young talent, a fun style of play, and have been winning more lately than they had for a long time.

What would try my patience is if Randolph got traded, Nellie fired, and some crap coach got hired and the Warriors played an ugly, losing style of basketball, lucking into the #1 overall pick only to draft some upper classman, workmanlike stiff.

It would not be fun, but I guess I still might stick around :dontknow:
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,085

Post#59 » by Twinkie defense » Tue Aug 4, 2009 3:06 am

PS quit yer cryin', RaiderHaters.
Dark Star
Pro Prospect

Post#60 » by Dark Star » Tue Aug 4, 2009 3:20 am

Go Giants! I was lucky enough to go to the 89' battle of the bay. Walked out in tears. Still can't believe they started hernandez over schmidt in game 7 a couple years ago...even they really lost in game 6. Butler-Thompson-Clark-Mitchell-Williams-candy-Terry what's his name the catcher-uribe with rick rueshell and the caveman don Robinson is still my fav giants team of all time.
oaktown_refugee wrote:lol @ Cheney as "shooting" guard...

Return to Golden State Warriors