ImageImageImageImageImage

Eurobasket 09 thread:

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Questins
Junior
And1: 0

Re: Eurobasket featuring Andris Biedrins and Ronny Turiaf 

Post#281 » by Questins » Thu Sep 3, 2009 2:30 pm

Quick update on Andris and Latvian national team. Today is last friendly game for Latvia before EU championship against Polish professional team. Hopefully we can get a W after 5 loses in last 6 matches before going to tournament. Andris most likely is not playing today, due to the ankle injury- the same that bothered him last season. Most interesting part is that Andris bud Kaspars Berzins (played in summer league this year for Phoenix) has been released from NT, due to unacceptable behavior during friendly games in Turkey. Rumors are that several players were partying at hotel on the day of. Everyone went to sleep at the midnight, except Andris and Kaspars. They crashed one of the hotel rooms, once they met coach, they had argument and Andris showed him middle finger. Several days after, when coach was asked whether there was anyone else who could have been suspended, he didn’t respond directly, but said something about Greek gods- there are ones, who can do what ever they like, and ones who can’t. I’m not really sure, how much we can trust this, but knowing some of the Latvian players, I’m pretty sure that there is some truth to it.
5Strong
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#282 » by 5Strong » Thu Sep 3, 2009 3:01 pm

Goose Gone Wild
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#283 » by Sid the Squid » Thu Sep 3, 2009 4:11 pm

I miss the pre-extension Biedrins.
KR4
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#284 » by KR4 » Thu Sep 3, 2009 4:16 pm

marthafokker wrote:Go Moore. Hope he gets Nellie love. AB gets the bench. Love to see that just to see you guys b*tch. :D

You guys are so sensitive. Just like Toronto fans. No wonder why fans from other forums hates you guys.

People hate us because we're right, and we live in Cali.
Leeeee's Nuts!
KR4
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#285 » by KR4 » Thu Sep 3, 2009 4:17 pm

Sid the Squid wrote:I miss the pre-extension Biedrins.

I've heard the extended Biedrins is a site to behold.

Like a horse...
Leeeee's Nuts!
warriortone
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#286 » by warriortone » Thu Sep 3, 2009 4:25 pm

Questins wrote:Most interesting part is that Andris bud Kaspars Berzins (played in summer league this year for Phoenix) has been released from NT, due to unacceptable behavior during friendly games in Turkey. Rumors are that several players were partying at hotel on the day of. Everyone went to sleep at the midnight, except Andris and Kaspars. They crashed one of the hotel rooms, once they met coach, they had argument and Andris showed him middle finger. Several days after, when coach was asked whether there was anyone else who could have been suspended, he didn’t respond directly, but said something about Greek gods- there are ones, who can do what ever they like, and ones who can’t. I’m not really sure, how much we can trust this, but knowing some of the Latvian players, I’m pretty sure that there is some truth to it.

This is now my favorite story of the off season. You Latvian posters are totally underrated.
Sleepy51 wrote: a full blown groupthink brainfart
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#287 » by FNQ » Thu Sep 3, 2009 5:07 pm

:lol: Good to see AB is committed to his team in Latvia... dont waste your energy out there bud, your paycheck is over here...
Chris Cohan
Banned User

Post#288 » by Chris Cohan » Thu Sep 3, 2009 5:11 pm

Fernandez hurt, players already being held out.
Here endeth the multiple league commitments.
Chris Cohan
Banned User

Post#289 » by Chris Cohan » Thu Sep 3, 2009 5:14 pm

Andris Biedrins has an attitude problem. They're printing the press packets now.
Bob Fitzgerald and Ray Ridder rehearsed some call-in scripts with a couple of the interns and ball boys last night.

DUMP!
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#290 » by Mylie10 » Thu Sep 3, 2009 5:18 pm

Was Keith Smart there when this happened? Or did he just get on a plane back to the states prior to the celebration?
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ajbry
Sixth Man

Post#291 » by ajbry » Thu Sep 3, 2009 5:24 pm

AB just wanted his own Justin Reed-esque story.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#292 » by turk3d » Thu Sep 3, 2009 5:51 pm

Oh well. Now Jack and Monta's attitudes have finally rubbed off on him and the Nelson mindf**k has broken through which turns into the "I don't give a f**k no more" attitude (so far the only young player to survive it is AR). We're really screwed now. Goose on the loose. :noway:
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#293 » by marthafokker » Thu Sep 3, 2009 5:52 pm

Good. Now AB can spend his time improving his game instead of with Euro jokes (I mean coaches). I could not have wished for this to happen so soon.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#294 » by Sleepy51 » Thu Sep 3, 2009 6:36 pm

Dre declared himself a Greek god?

Nothing good can come of sending an NBA guy to play in Euroscrub. It's stupid to let them go. Dre does not need to be the BMOC on a JV team anymore. He needed to spend this summer getting busted up by his NBA peers so he could move forward. When he wasn't getting any NBA run it made sense. Now, with $11MM ankles? It's stupid.

Every basketball game Dre plays for the next 5 years should be supervised by an NBA caliber instructor.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
MightyReds2020
Analyst
And1: 12

Post#295 » by MightyReds2020 » Thu Sep 3, 2009 6:49 pm

I don't mind Beans showing his middle finger to Nellie.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#296 » by FNQ » Thu Sep 3, 2009 6:54 pm

Yeah really... I wish he played basketball like that. Meandrins dunking all over folks and flipping them off too... Rasheedrins...
ajbry
Sixth Man

Post#297 » by ajbry » Thu Sep 3, 2009 6:59 pm

LOL.
warriortone
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#298 » by warriortone » Thu Sep 3, 2009 7:05 pm

FireNellieQuick wrote:Yeah really... I wish he played basketball like that. Meandrins dunking all over folks and flipping them off too... Rasheedrins...
\

You better trademark that ****.
Sleepy51 wrote: a full blown groupthink brainfart
Luusizz
Senior

Post#299 » by Luusizz » Thu Sep 3, 2009 7:19 pm

I think that Questins actually misinformed you a little. :) One of my best friends is a relative to one of the assistant coaches of the national team and he told me that almost all of the team got drunk (more or less) and Berzins kicked out a door in hotel. Later he was dismissed from the team and Andris, who is one of Kaspars' best friends, protested, saying that the others weren't better either. And he protested by not going to 2 or 3 practices and team press event. Official version was that he didn't show up in the practice because of an ankle injury, bet really he was just pissed about coach's decision to dismiss Berzins.

And I haven't heard anything about greek gods or something like that. Actually Andris (knowing that he actually IS a star) isn't showing off too much if we compare him to other players. He doesn't even demand the ball all of the time. So please don't listen to that bull. :) Everything is more or less fine.

P.S. However I would like to see Andris showing middle finger to Nelly :D
Unstoppable, baby!
Luusizz
Senior

Post#300 » by Luusizz » Thu Sep 3, 2009 7:23 pm

His free throws still look horrible and his FT shooting rate is approximately 30-35% right now, however he is starting to look better and better from game to game. My version is that our coach is playing hide and seek with other teams and Andris' role in Championship will be much bigger than it is right now (and his playing time too).

One of the assistant coaches said that in practices Andris' free throw shooting is actually really good so he doesn't need to change anything since he is sinking them like a guard. He said that the problem is in his mind – he isn't confident enough when shooting FTs at game.
Unstoppable, baby!

Return to Golden State Warriors