ImageImageImageImageImage

Game Dread: Warriors vs. Pistons

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Thugleavy_34
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Re: Game Dread: Warriors vs. Pistons 

Post#161 » by Thugleavy_34 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:19 am

The dread lived up to all expectations tonight.
Thugleavy_34
Pro Prospect

Post#162 » by Thugleavy_34 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:19 am

old rem wrote:WTF...Smartass is into his Death By Smurf thing...except Vlad...who played his worst game yet.
Smart has prodded the W's to do a bit more D..then he has no rebounding, so stops get wasted.

Smart just gave away 2 winnables in a row.

Say it. Maggette sucks. Say it, damnit.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#163 » by turk3d » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:20 am

for all the Monta haters, 29 (11-19), 7 bds, 3 ast, 3 stls just 1 to (and I think he was probably fouled on it). He's the only thing I'm afraid we're going to have to cheer for this year. Maybe we get to watch a Warrior in the All Star game for a change. Big turound game for him with just 1 to.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
turk3d
RealGM

Post#164 » by turk3d » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:21 am

Sleepy51 wrote:
turk3d wrote:Radman wouldn't suck as bad if he didn't start and Maggette would suck so bad if he didn't have to play against 4s on D. MAGETTE'S A 3 YOU NUMBNUTS!

Maggette is not a 3. He has no wing skills at all except putting his head down for one dribble before becoming a serious turnover risk.

She's a short, slightly perimeter-ish 4. That's all she ever was and why you can not play winning baskeball with her.

You certainly aren't going to be playing winning basketball with her at the 4 either. She's too small for a 4.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Thugleavy_34
Pro Prospect

Post#165 » by Thugleavy_34 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:22 am

turk3d wrote:for all the Monta haters, 29 (11-19), 7 bds, 3 ast, 3 stls just 1 to (and I think he was probably fouled on it). He's the only thing I'm afraid we're going to have to cheer for this year. Maybe we get to watch a Warrior in the All Star game for a change. Big turound game for him with just 1 to.

And a monumental freezeout of AR, to boot. Not that that deserves mention.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#166 » by BW32 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:23 am

Man WTF was Smart thinking, we were good with Hunter in it why not playing him more. I'm telling you he's only doing this to make Nellie look better, only reason that I can think of.
Thugleavy_34
Pro Prospect

Post#167 » by Thugleavy_34 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:24 am

turk3d wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:
turk3d wrote:Radman wouldn't suck as bad if he didn't start and Maggette would suck so bad if he didn't have to play against 4s on D. MAGETTE'S A 3 YOU NUMBNUTS!

Maggette is not a 3. He has no wing skills at all except putting his head down for one dribble before becoming a serious turnover risk.

She's a short, slightly perimeter-ish 4. That's all she ever was and why you can not play winning baskeball with her.

You certainly aren't going to be playing winning basketball with her at the 4 either. She's too small for a 4.

That isn't a counterpoint. She's an undersized PF. Doesn't matter if you win with her there or not. You can't win with her, period. No one ever has. No one ever will.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#168 » by turk3d » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:24 am

Thugleavy_34 wrote:
turk3d wrote:for all the Monta haters, 29 (11-19), 7 bds, 3 ast, 3 stls just 1 to (and I think he was probably fouled on it). He's the only thing I'm afraid we're going to have to cheer for this year. Maybe we get to watch a Warrior in the All Star game for a change. Big turound game for him with just 1 to.

We'll work on that next. At least the tos improved. Until the coaches start putting some plays in for him, he aint getting shat (all of just 1 shot today) which I think is one of the reasons he's taking a lot of bad shots lately. It's the only thing he can do with the freezout and lack of plays for him. Not only do they need to have some, they need to call 'em once in a while, you know?
Rob Rowell
Sixth Man
And1: 101

Post#169 » by Rob Rowell » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:26 am

Whats the point of this rebuild if we keep playing old crap instead of our young hotness. It's pretty obvious were not going to the playoffs and it not like vlad and maggette are filling the stands. Players dont develop sitting the bench I just don't know when common sense is going to kick in but it needs to happen soon.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#170 » by old rem » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:26 am

We were dead even rebounding late 2nd qtr,and winning. We finished -14 rebounds. THERE'S how to be a LOSER.

Funny part is Neither Nellie nor Smart seem to see that we LOSE over 80% of the games where we are outboarded 10+
CENSORED... No comment.
Thugleavy_34
Pro Prospect

Post#171 » by Thugleavy_34 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:28 am

turk3d wrote:
Thugleavy_34 wrote:

We'll work on that next. At least the tos improved. Until the coaches start putting some plays in for him, he aint getting shat (all of just 1 shot today) which I think is one of the reasons he's taking a lot of bad shots lately. It's the only thing he can do with the freezout and lack of plays for him. Not only do they need to have some, they need to call 'em once in a while, you know?

If Monta can develop a rapport with our young bigs, I'll jump on his bandwagon. Until he doesn't, he's on my **** list. It's as simple as that.

He is a pretty special player, though.
Thugleavy_34
Pro Prospect

Post#172 » by Thugleavy_34 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:28 am

old rem wrote:We were dead even rebounding late 2nd qtr,and winning. We finished -14 rebounds. THERE'S how to be a LOSER.

Funny part is Neither Nellie nor Smart seem to see that we LOSE over 80% of the games where we are outboarded 10+

Say it.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#173 » by old rem » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:29 am

Rob Rowell wrote:Whats the point of this rebuild if we keep playing old crap instead of our young hotness. It's pretty obvious were not going to the playoffs and it not like vlad and maggette are filling the stands. Players dont develop sitting the bench I just don't know when common sense is going to kick in but it needs to happen soon.

Nellie don't DO common sense, which is why his good ideas and a lot of our talent goes to waste.
Smart is just Nellie's apprentice, trying to copy the master...in all the wrong stuff.
CENSORED... No comment.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#174 » by turk3d » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:34 am

Sleepy51 wrote:Maggette is not a 3. He has no wing skills at all except putting his head down for one dribble before becoming a serious turnover risk.

turk3d wrote:You certainly aren't going to be playing winning basketball with her at the 4 either. She's too small for a 4.

Thugleavy_34 wrote:That isn't a counterpoint. She's an undersized PF. Doesn't matter if you win with her there or not. You can't win with her, period. No one ever has. No one ever will.

I totally disagree. We have a much better chance with her @ the 3 than @ the 4 depending on who else is in the game. For one thing, if she's playing 3, that means we only have two guards in the game as we make it next to impossible to win with her playing 4 and 3 guards, especially with his litle sister, Curry being one of them. If she plays 3, then that means that Dumb will have to play two bigs in the game which give us a much better chance.
Thugleavy_34
Pro Prospect

Post#175 » by Thugleavy_34 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:38 am

Not necessarily. Morrow would probably just go in at PF.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#176 » by turk3d » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:46 am

Thugleavy_34 wrote:Not necessarily. Morrow would probably just go in at PF.

Not trying to get into a big debate here, but if Maggette plays 3, then Morrow would be playing 2, not 4 which might not be a bad thing (would get Curry's sorry ass out of there once in a while). Morrow seems to have completely lost it as of late. He may not be strong enough to go up against some of the stronger 3s.
Thugleavy_34
Pro Prospect

Post#177 » by Thugleavy_34 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:51 am

turk3d wrote:
Thugleavy_34 wrote:Not necessarily. Morrow would probably just go in at PF.

Not trying to get into a big debate here, but if Maggette plays 3, then Morrow would be playing 2, not 4 which might not be a bad thing (would get Curry's sorry ass out of there once in a while). Morrow seems to have completely lost it as of late. He may not be strong enough to go up against some of the stronger 3s.

We're both wrong. Morrow would probably backup the 3, actually, since we have no other SFs on the roster.

But to make another point regarding sliding Mags to the 3 to get 2 bigs on the floor, the same argument could be made for Randolph or Radmanovic. They're just as much 3s as Maggette is.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#178 » by turk3d » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:54 am

Actually, I like that even better. Slide Radmonovic to the 3, that way he wouldn't get manhandled by certain 4s like he did tonight, Randolph back @ the 4 (where he belongs, Moore or Hunter @ the 5 and Maggette to the bench. How does that sound?
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#179 » by shazam_guy » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:57 am

Thugleavy_34 wrote:If Monta can develop a rapport with our young bigs, I'll jump on his bandwagon. Until he doesn't, he's on my **** list. It's as simple as that.

He is a pretty special player, though.

Yeah, this is where I'm at now on Monta as well. He's got serious skills but his head's screwed up.

As far as the game, well, the one good thing is that I never feel the need to consider whether I'd like to see Keith Smart replace Nelson again. As far as I'm concerned, Smart is now officially and finally a complete waste of space. Two REALLY badly coached games in a row, both winnable, both sacrificed on the altar of weird Warrior lineups and freezing out the young bigs.

You suck immensely, Smart.
jrich88
Banned User

Post#180 » by jrich88 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:01 am

Smart is possibly the worst coach in NBA after Cavs coach.

Monta is amazing.
Curry was alright tonight, but ultimately he killed the momentum we had with that choked layup.
Maggette is terrible.
Morrow has been off.
Radmanovic sucks.
I won't even speak about AR vs Moore.

Return to Golden State Warriors