Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Re: Game Dread: Warriors vs. Pistons 

Post#211 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:15 am

And FTR, I don't mean "D"one done.

I mean not special anymore done. Limited moiblity for a guy who's agility is what made him special. I mean "Jake Tsakalidies upside" done.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#212 » by FNQ » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:17 am

I think if it was that dire of a case of osteopubis, there wouldn't be the '4-6 weeks' initial report. The kid is what, 22? He'll be fine.
Chris Cohan
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#213 » by Chris Cohan » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:21 am

I hope Biedrins is fine. Wouldn't be surprised if he is.
He and Turiaf expected back in abot a week, Sleepy, don't get the panties bunched over the medico lingo to get off the topic of Warriors manipulating injury reports. Randolph wasn't hurt to the degree you and the team said earlier.

Raja Bell
Speedy Claxton
Andris Biedrins
Ronny Turiaf (?)
Brandan Wright (hurt playing basketball)
Devean George, for a time
Kelenna Azubuike

That's over $25 million in potential DIRECT Cohan savings if the insurance game is being worked effectively. Add in the league handout for teams under the lux threshold and we're getting somewhere.

Wonder how the league breaks down those numbers in their gate receipt listings.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#214 » by Coxy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:24 am

Sleepy51 wrote:And FTR, I don't mean "D"one done.

I mean not special anymore done. Limited moiblity for a guy who's agility is what made him special. I mean "Jake Tsakalidies upside" done.

The cause of osteitis pubis is excessive physical strain on the pubic bone, usually caused by the increasing rigorous demands of competitive sport, particularly soccer and football. In such sports, actions such as running, jumping, kicking and rapid changes of direction cause the abdominal and groin muscles to exercise a pulling or traction force on the pubic bone, which in some cases can result in excessive stress and inflammation. In Australian football this risk is increased by repeated jarring of the pelvis caused when players come down from the high leaps required by the game, and also by tackling from other players. This also forces the pain to arise when performing kicking motions.

The condition can render sufferers incapable of sustained physical activity. There is no specific treatment for the condition and it can seriously affect the careers of footballers affected by it.

Certainly sounds career threatening, thats for sure.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#215 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:26 am

Chris Cohan wrote:I hope Biedrins is fine. Wouldn't be surprised if he is.
He and Turiaf expected back in abot a week, Sleepy, don't get the panties bunched over the medico lingo to get off the topic of Warriors manipulating injury reports. Randolph wasn't hurt to the degree you and the team said earlier.

Raja Bell
Speedy Claxton
Andris Biedrins
Ronny Turiaf (?)
Brandan Wright (hurt playing basketball)
Devean George, for a time
Kelenna Azubuike

That's over $25 million in potential DIRECT Cohan savings if the insurance game is being worked effectively. Add in the league handout for teams under the lux threshold and we're getting somewhere.

Wonder how the league breaks down those numbers in their gate receipt listings.

The Warriors keep saying groin or back in the media. They have to give an official medical report to somebody at NBA I assume. That's the only one that discloses the actual condition. They've been very loose about any media injury reports on Dre.

Did you see him walking around the bench the last few games. He looks like a 60 year old.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#216 » by FNQ » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:29 am

I could cite the worst case scenarios for the common cold too... it doesnt mean its likely to happen.

if he was struggling with it, he wouldn't be allowed to return and it would be obvious for him... from what I hear its very treatable and is often a one-time malady, especially for younger people.

Bottom line is, no more national team for AB.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#217 » by Coxy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:30 am

Until recently there was no specific treatment for osteitis pubis. As it frequently causes long-term problems, medication, stretching and strengthening of the stabilising muscles are usually used. Topol, in Argentina, used glucose and lignocaine injections (prolotherapy or regenerative injection therapy) to restart the healing process and generate new connective tissue in 72 elite athletes with chronic groin/abdominal pain who had failed a conservative treatment trial. The treatment consisted of monthly injections to ligament attachments on the pubis. Their pain had lasted an average of 11 months, ranging from 3–60 months. The average number of treatments received was 3, ranging from 1–6. Their pain improved by 82%. Six athletes did not improve, and the remaining 66 returned to unrestricted sport in an average of 3 months.[2] Surgical intervention, such as wedge resection of the pubis symphysis, is sometimes attempted in severe cases[3], but its success rate is not high, and surgery may lead to later pelvic problems.

Bejeezuz, this OsteoPubis sounds like it could be a pretty serious setback for an athlete.

I'm wondering if it was ball or sex that detached the ligaments in his pubis.
Chris Cohan
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#218 » by Chris Cohan » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:32 am

Case closed: Insurance Scam.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#219 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:34 am

FireNellieQuick wrote:I could cite the worst case scenarios for the common cold too... it doesnt mean its likely to happen.

if he was struggling with it, he wouldn't be allowed to return and it would be obvious for him... from what I hear its very treatable and is often a one-time malady, especially for younger people.

I hope.

But the pelvis bears all of your upper body's weight. How do you move without putting pressure on it, and how do you let an instability in the connective ligaments heal with constant pressure and movement?

It's not like you can put it in a boot.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#220 » by Coxy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:35 am

FireNellieQuick wrote:I could cite the worst case scenarios for the common cold too... it doesnt mean its likely to happen.

Being young should definately put recovery in his favour, I'm just wondering how bad it had gotten before he stopped playing. Hopefully it was in its initial stages when they got to it because by the sounds of it, the longer you leave it, the worse it can get, kinda like the way a stress fracture works.

Any serious injury related to a players core has to be a major concern for his employers.
Thugleavy_34
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#221 » by Thugleavy_34 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:35 am

"The cause of osteitis pubis is excessive physical strain on the pubic bone, usually caused by the increasing rigorous demands of competitive sport"

The sex possibility can be funny and all, but it looks like this one is from not having an offseason for however many years now. Sleepy's concerns about Andris playing in Latvia have manifested all too painfully for Andris. As long as he doesn't come back too early he should be fine. This season is shot as is. Let the kid rest.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#222 » by Coxy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:36 am

Sleepy51 wrote:I hope.

But the pelvis bears all of your upper body's weight. How do you move without putting pressure on it, and how do you let an instability in the connective ligaments heal with constant pressure and movement?

Has there been any word on the treatment he has received?
Thugleavy_34
Pro Prospect

Post#223 » by Thugleavy_34 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:45 am

Sleepy51 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhwbxEfy7fg
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#224 » by FNQ » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:47 am

You guys had me worried initially... went to work and got all the info I needed, he's going to be fine and this will be a non-issue by February, most likely.

Its a very odd basketball injury though. Odd and rare.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#225 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:48 am

Coxy wrote:

Being young should definately put recovery in his favour, I'm just wondering how bad it had gotten before he stopped playing. Hopefully it was in its initial stages when they got to it because by the sounds of it, the longer you leave it, the worse it can get, kinda like the way a stress fracture works.

Any serious injury related to a players core has to be a major concern for his employers.

Yeah, I guess one lesson from the Monta Ellis panic is that these are exceptional physical specimens in their athletic prime. Their' bodies can do things that other people's can't, and they have access to the most expensive medical care in the world. If Monta can recover from columbian drug lords chainsawing his foot off, Dre can recover from improper stretching before attempting the rising-lotus-flying-monkey-shower-VII on a Latvian figureskater.
Thugleavy_34
Pro Prospect

Post#226 » by Thugleavy_34 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:49 am

Someone's been watching Blades of Glory.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#227 » by old rem » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:49 am

Coxy wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:I hope.

Has there been any word on the treatment he has received?

our medical staff is not real good.....they giggle when they say pubis.
anyhow, mostly they rub some Ben Gay on his johnson.
CENSORED... No comment.
cladden
Analyst
And1: 378

Post#228 » by cladden » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:51 am

Sleepy51 wrote:Mocha looking really useless.

I might sound stupid for asking this but...who is Mocha?
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#229 » by Warriors Analyst » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:51 am

Thugleavy_34 wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhwbxEfy7fg

I just knew that was gonna happen. But damn it's still funny
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#230 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:54 am

FireNellieQuick wrote:You guys had me worried initially... went to work and got all the info I needed, he's going to be fine and this will be a non-issue by February, most likely.

Its a very odd basketball injury though. Odd and rare.

Very happy to hear it. I trust your expertise.

It was mostly the W's obfuscating the true injury that was getting me freaked out.

Return to Golden State Warriors