ImageImageImageImageImage

Lincecum Watch: Staying in the Rotation (Ortiz to the 'Pen)

RayStats34
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#21 » by RayStats34 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:44 am

I can't wait to he comes up he are best Prospect ....Well since Matt Cain.
Cafeman
Banned User

Post#22 » by Cafeman » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:05 pm

BorisDiaw3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Doesn't matter, it's amazing anywhere.

Plenty of major leaguers can K 9 milbers in 9 innings, 9 isn't impressive, but 0.00 HR9, 2.47 BB, 13.85 K9 is out of this world.

good info:

http://www.rotoauthority.com/2007/04/le ... lince.html
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#23 » by Hopper15 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:23 am

A little wild tonight and he gave up his first earned run. No hits, six walks, a HB, and a WP in 6 1/3...only 4 k's.

Looks like dude can hit, too. He went 2-3 to raise his BA to .500
Cafeman
Banned User

Post#24 » by Cafeman » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:08 pm

Peripherals after four AAA outings:

K/9 IP: 11.52
BB/9 IP: 3.96
K/BB: 2.91
GO/FO: 26/16 (61.9%/38.1%)
Pitches/Strikes: 360/222 (61.7%)
P/BF: 3.87
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#25 » by Bleeding Green » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:05 am

stanfordstandout wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I mean is it normal for a minor league pitcher? Does that happen a lot?

Since 1997, the only guys at any level to strike out a higher pecentage of batters are Pedro Martinez, Kerry Wood, and Randy Johnson.

He could easily come up now and compete for the Cy Young (well, I wouldn't put him out there for 200 IP, but you get the idea--he's amazing). And really, he should be up now. The NL West is up for grabs and the Barry Bonds era is dwindling. Enough Russ Ortiz. Lincecum isn't learning anything at the AAA level.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by Bleeding Green » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:51 pm

6 IP, 3 H, 0 BB, 14 K. Absurd. Call him up and put Ortiz in the bullpen.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#27 » by Hopper15 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:14 am

0 walks today as well. Dude is just insane.

To fatal's point about him facing weak hitting teams, looking at the boxscore, there weren't many impressive batting averages in the Colorado Springs lineup either. Four of his five starts have also been in Fresno, but he didn't alllow any runs in his lone road game either.

I'm trying to find some negatives, but there really are none to hang your hat on.
opzoneworld
Junior

Post#28 » by opzoneworld » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:24 am

Looks good. Looks good. Don't rush him.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by Bleeding Green » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:13 am

It's not rushing him. He's ready to destroy the NL West.

It's a waste of talent to let him eat AAA hitters for dinner every 5 days.
opzoneworld
Junior

Post#30 » by opzoneworld » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:22 am

It would only be a waste of tallent if the Giants were loosing because of starting pitching. Bottom line, he is not going to pitch better than Cain because, frankly, I do not believe anyone in baseball can right now. He is freaking awesom. Yet, no matter how great Cain pitches, he does not guarante a win. The Giants have one of the best starting era's in baseball. There is no need to make a change now. Wait until the deadline, trade Morris for a 4/3 start prospect and then bring him up.

Also, we haven't even talked about the mental side. The skill is there yes but sports is 90% mental. Rushing him up now puts a hell of a lot of preasure on a young arm.

Team does not win a world serries this year so why risk 10 years for 1?
FaTaL
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#31 » by FaTaL » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:36 am

Hopper15 wrote:0 walks today as well. Dude is just insane.

To fatal's point about him facing weak hitting teams, looking at the boxscore, there weren't many impressive batting averages in the Colorado Springs lineup either. Four of his five starts have also been in Fresno, but he didn't alllow any runs in his lone road game either.

I'm trying to find some negatives, but there really are none to hang your hat on.

lets just be happy his curve works in colorado!
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by Bleeding Green » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:43 pm

I think the Giants can potentially win the World Series if they get to the playoffs. Running with a rotation of Cain, Lincecum, Zito is pretty nice in the playoffs. And Barry Bonds is the best player in baseball.

If you think Russ Ortiz and Matt Morris are going to continue to pitch like this, well, I don't know what to say. Morris has more walks than strikeouts and Ortiz just sucks.

Teams hold back pitching prospects too often, I just hate to see it happen. It's not a rush job. He is ready to dominate and you only have so many pitches on your arm, so why waste them in AAA?
opzoneworld
Junior

Post#33 » by opzoneworld » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:16 pm

I agree with you Green on their lineup. I would add Lowry to that list as well (yes he is my favorite Giant so I am bit biased towards him) but to run out Cain, Zito, Lin, Lowry; I would almost put that up against any starting five in the last 25 years.

I still wait to the trade deadline. A team like the Yankees would give up a 4 start player for Morris. Maybe throw in a guy like Sweetney or Niekro and I bet the Angles or the Cubs would as well as all three are far below where they thought they would be right now.

If you bring Lin up, I dont want to see him at the 5 spot. If the Giants make a run, I can see the Giants skipping the 5 spot in the rotaion when they get days off. As such, I would much rather have them skip Ortiz than Lin. Trade Morris at the deadline then bring Lin up.

Just my two cents but your points are very valid as well.
thebiggesthomer
Senior

Post#34 » by thebiggesthomer » Tue May 1, 2007 1:14 am

^ agree 110%
backer55
Senior
And1: 1

Post#35 » by backer55 » Tue May 1, 2007 1:42 am

Wow! this is all good stuff. Glad to have found this site where there is real Giants fans concerned about our team.

I'm of the mind to believe that we haven't seen the best of Ortiz yet. In his next start or two, he's gonna throw a smoker, like a 4 hitter complete game. i hope.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by Bleeding Green » Tue May 1, 2007 3:56 am

opzoneworld wrote:I agree with you Green on their lineup. I would add Lowry to that list as well (yes he is my favorite Giant so I am bit biased towards him) but to run out Cain, Zito, Lin, Lowry; I would almost put that up against any starting five in the last 25 years.

I still wait to the trade deadline. A team like the Yankees would give up a 4 start player for Morris. Maybe throw in a guy like Sweetney or Niekro and I bet the Angles or the Cubs would as well as all three are far below where they thought they would be right now.

If you bring Lin up, I dont want to see him at the 5 spot. If the Giants make a run, I can see the Giants skipping the 5 spot in the rotaion when they get days off. As such, I would much rather have them skip Ortiz than Lin. Trade Morris at the deadline then bring Lin up.

Just my two cents but your points are very valid as well.

I think they would definitely need to limit Lincecum's innings and pitch counts, though. He threw 159 innings last year in college and the minors. In a perfect world he wouldn't go over 170-180 this year including the potential playoffs.
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#37 » by NYKnSTILL! » Tue May 1, 2007 6:59 pm

who's the phenom that experts are comparing to Bob Feller
holdupstop23
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#38 » by holdupstop23 » Tue May 1, 2007 7:02 pm

this guy seems nasty.
**Proud Member of the Frank Williams for Starter Campaign**
Member #1 of 1
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#39 » by NYKnSTILL! » Tue May 1, 2007 7:10 pm

I've never heard of him till today Chris Russo of Mike and the Maddog was giddy about him , seeing his YOUTUBE that delivery is F'n nasty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XZYYkOP6_o
opzoneworld
Junior

Post#40 » by opzoneworld » Tue May 1, 2007 11:29 pm

He will be a household name soon enough.

Return to San Francisco Giants