ImageImageImage

Trade Deadline

Moderator: JDR720

ohara
Head Coach
And1: 167

Trade Deadline 

Post#1 » by ohara » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:33 pm

Deadline is Tuesday. Reports are that teams are calling Carolina about DeAngelo Williams. Carolina seems to have given the lead job to Stewart, and Williams carries are down. He is signed for a few more years. So someone may put up the Draft pick necessary to get him. And considering Carolina needs a lot of help, I can see him being shipped if we can get a 1st for him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85640 ... st-sources
Rooster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11

Re: Trade Deadline 

Post#2 » by Rooster » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:29 pm

A 1st would be unbelievable at this point. Curious what the minimum the Panthers would take is. Maybe we'll end up finding out? Williams in another uniform would look wrong though.
Schadenfreude wrote:Not going to lie, if I found out that one of the seemingly illiterate morons we'd banned on the Raptors board was Primoz Brezec, it'd pretty much make my decade.
ohara
Head Coach

Post#3 » by ohara » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:51 pm

Deadline moved back from Tues at 4:00 to Thursday at 4:00

Williams is not injured. Just that the FO seems to like Stewart better because he can catch out of the backfield better. But Williams is a more explosive runner. I think if a team that is going to be a Playoff team but needs to improved the running game to get them over the top, I could see a late 1st. But more likely a 2nd is what they will get.
ohara
Head Coach

Post#4 » by ohara » Thu Nov 1, 2012 6:19 pm

2 hours to go. Rivera says he does not expect any trades involving the Panthers. There has been talk the past 24 hours of trades of Wiilliams and Steve Smith as well. Nothing will go down.
ohara
Head Coach

Post#5 » by ohara » Thu Nov 1, 2012 8:53 pm

No trades for Carolina and the deadline passes. The Bucs traded Talib to the Patriots. Lots of talent, but a major headcase.
penquin11
Sixth Man
And1: 148

Post#6 » by penquin11 » Fri Nov 2, 2012 2:06 pm

Can we trade coaches? I would trade anything for Either of the Harbaugh brothers.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:no, the DB's will just be thinking "damn, I thought that was going to be a run!" as they easily recover to intercept a Ponder pass 10 yards off the mark
ohara
Head Coach

Post#7 » by ohara » Sun Nov 4, 2012 11:37 pm

penquin11 wrote:Can we trade coaches? I would trade anything for Either of the Harbaugh brothers.

If the team does not respond to Rivera this year, then I would take a gamble on trying to get Chip Kelly from Oregon. Many college coaches do not translate to the NFL, but I think Kelly is much like Harbough and will do a fine job.
penquin11
Sixth Man
And1: 148

Post#8 » by penquin11 » Mon Nov 5, 2012 4:24 am

ohara wrote:
penquin11 wrote:Can we trade coaches? I would trade anything for Either of the Harbaugh brothers.

If the team does not respond to Rivera this year, then I would take a gamble on trying to get Chip Kelly from Oregon. Many college coaches do not translate to the NFL, but I think Kelly is much like Harbough and will do a fine job.

Kelly runs the spread if Im correct, which won't translate to the NFL at all. Harbough was meant to be a NFL coach, it was obvious. I think that the Bears Special Teams coach could be a great head coach, also Wade Philips could be an option, I don't think the mess in Dallas was his fault- especially considering how bad Dallas is now. Im not sure that Rivera is cut out to be a head coach, he just makes too many tactical mistakes. I was sad that our GM got fired, he was a great GM, not sure why we got rid of him.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:no, the DB's will just be thinking "damn, I thought that was going to be a run!" as they easily recover to intercept a Ponder pass 10 yards off the mark

Return to Carolina Panthers