Moderator: JDR720

Rooster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11

No More Minty! 

Post#1 » by Rooster » Tue Aug 7, 2007 1:28 am

http://www.realgmfootball.com/src_wiret ... to_retire/

AP - Panthers safety Mike Minter, slowed by chronic pain in his knees, has decided to retire after 10 seasons in the NFL, a person familiar with the decision said Monday.

The person, speaking on condition of anonymity to The Associated Press because an official announcement will be made Tuesday, said Minter made the decision over the weekend. He did not practice with the team Monday morning.

:cry:

Guess it's a damn good thing we signed Harris, eh? This isn't a killing blow but still, pretty rough. His health is what matters most though.
Schadenfreude wrote:Not going to lie, if I found out that one of the seemingly illiterate morons we'd banned on the Raptors board was Primoz Brezec, it'd pretty much make my decade.
SlicedBread
Senior
And1: 4

Post#2 » by SlicedBread » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:08 am

I couldn't even watch the press conference. Mint was one of my favorite players. He'll be missed.

That said, his skills were diminishing so it isn't a killer blow. Someone will need to step up and take his leadership role.
Rooster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11

Post#3 » by Rooster » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:04 am

I couldn't watch the press conference either... because I don't get the channel! :lol:

Any chance he stays on as an assistant coach or something? It'd be nice to have a mentor for a young safety to put with Harris.

Think the team had an idea Minter was retiring when Harris was signed? Looking back, I feel like I should've seen a link there instead of getting greedy and imagining them playing together.
Schadenfreude wrote:Not going to lie, if I found out that one of the seemingly illiterate morons we'd banned on the Raptors board was Primoz Brezec, it'd pretty much make my decade.

Return to Carolina Panthers