Image Image Image Image

Does Fox Survive?

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

Truebiscuit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,005

Does Fox Survive? 

Post#1 » by Truebiscuit » Fri Nov 3, 2017 4:24 pm

Curious what ya'll think... Fangio's contract is up and I'm of the opinion he's more important to this team/defense than Fox right now. The players love him, but I don't like Loggains developing Trubisky and Fox is going to be a lameduck next season.

My move? FireFox, hire Matt Nagy (Chiefs OC), and if Nagy is good with it give Fangio a nice contract and tell him he can run the defense cart blanche.
Working on becoming Titletown:
Bears - 9
Bulls - 6
Blackhawks - 6
Cubs - 3
White Sox - nobody cares :D
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,237

Re: Does Fox Survive? 

Post#2 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Nov 3, 2017 7:56 pm

I hope not. With that said, if the team finishes 7-9 or so I think Pace will bring him back for at least his final year.

My personal opinion is that it would be a mistake and that it would be wise for Pace to find a young offensive minded HC that can work with QBs. Lions OC comes to mind in that regards.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Truebiscuit
Sixth Man

Post#3 » by Truebiscuit » Fri Nov 3, 2017 9:28 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:I hope not. With that said, if the team finishes 7-9 or so I think Pace will bring him back for at least his final year.

My personal opinion is that it would be a mistake and that it would be wise for Pace to find a young offensive minded HC that can work with QBs. Lions OC comes to mind in that regards.

I'm torn... I love what the defense is doing, but Fangio's contract is up and there's no guarantee he would come back here. I'm not crazy about Jim Bob Cooter as a head coach, but Matt Nagy from the Chiefs intrigues me. Maybe he could be hired, Fangio retained (with a bump in salary) and give him the authority to run the defense carte blanche.

Loggains... I don't know, he's got garbage WRs and I think Fox has kind of handcuffed him. The next 8 games will be huge, if we go 8-8 or even 9-7, it's tough not to extend them all.
Bears - 9
Bulls - 6
Blackhawks - 6
Cubs - 3
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: Does Fox Survive? 

Post#4 » by City of Trees » Sat Nov 4, 2017 12:41 am

Truebiscuit wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:I hope not. With that said, if the team finishes 7-9 or so I think Pace will bring him back for at least his final year.

I'm torn... I love what the defense is doing, but Fangio's contract is up and there's no guarantee he would come back here. I'm not crazy about Jim Bob Cooter as a head coach, but Matt Nagy from the Chiefs intrigues me. Maybe he could be hired, Fangio retained (with a bump in salary) and give him the authority to run the defense carte blanche.

Loggains... I don't know, he's got garbage WRs and I think Fox has kind of handcuffed him. The next 8 games will be huge, if we go 8-8 or even 9-7, it's tough not to extend them all.

Deonte Thompson seems to be doing just fine in Buffalo.

I question Loggains scheme. It could be the OC is straight garbage.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,960

Re: RE: Re: Does Fox Survive? 

Post#5 » by chitownsports4ever » Sat Nov 4, 2017 1:34 am

City of Trees wrote:
Truebiscuit wrote:

Deonte Thompson seems to be doing just fine in Buffalo.

I question Loggains scheme. It could be the OC is straight garbage.

Thats mostly due to Thompson having spent 3 years together with Taylor running scout team with the ravens and even came to the Bills with Taylor that first year.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by chitownsports4ever » Sat Nov 4, 2017 1:38 am

Truebiscuit wrote:Curious what ya'll think... Fangio's contract is up and I'm of the opinion he's more important to this team/defense than Fox right now. The players love him, but I don't like Loggains developing Trubisky and Fox is going to be a lameduck next season.

My move? FireFox, hire Matt Nagy (Chiefs OC), and if Nagy is good with it give Fangio a nice contract and tell him he can run the defense cart blanche.

I doubt Fox is going anywhere unless they fire him and make Fangio head coach under stipulation that they would try and get OC that can develop qbs in for Mitch .

I know people wanna see Fox gone but a lot of the issues with these team is as much Pace as it is Fox at this point so barring a total collapse Fox will probably be back .
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,157

Post#7 » by molepharmer » Sat Nov 4, 2017 1:03 pm

Barring and 0-8 or 8-0 type second half, I don't think the final W-L record will have much to do with whether or not Fox returns. I think it mostly depends on whether or not Pace has somebody already in mind that he wants in charge. Fangio needs to be re-signed.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,104

Post#8 » by Chi town » Mon Nov 6, 2017 4:30 am

Please let Fox go.

It’s all about developing Trubisky. Fox can’t do that.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#9 » by Susan » Mon Nov 6, 2017 5:29 pm

I'm on board with where this team is going.

If you can get Harbaugh, I'd fire him in a second but only for him. Fox has these guys playing hard, they're developing our young defensive players and throughout the rough patches, this has been a team that's stayed positive. I'd take that over the Trestman era.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#10 » by chitownsports4ever » Tue Nov 7, 2017 12:37 am

Chi town wrote:Please let Fox go.

Sorry but its not all about developing Mitch that attitude with Jay is what got us into the situation we are in now .
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#11 » by Red Larrivee » Tue Nov 7, 2017 1:30 am

I hope we do everything possible to keep Fangio. He is crucial to the defensive improvement this franchise has undergone each season.

I want Fox gone. The available market of coaches is definitely a factor. With Fangio here, it makes sense to go after an offensive-minded coach. However, there doesn't seem to be a young OC available on the level of Sean McVay or Kyle Shanahan. I'm not sold on Jim Bob Cooter. Josh McDaniels isn't leaving New England for anything less than a high profile job with security.

Sean Payton would be the best scenario, but there's no chance he gets fired anymore. The Saints are 6-2 and could win the NFC South. So, we're likely talking about draft compensation, which isn't a great idea. Now that I think about it, there's actually a very legitimate chance that Fox is back next season. I'm not happy about it, but if the options aren't there, what's the alternative?

I'll also say this. Maybe...we bring Dave Toub back? I know he's been a life-long ST coordinator, but he's always mentioned as one of the best coordinators in the league who isn't a coach.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#12 » by Chi town » Tue Nov 7, 2017 2:24 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:

Sorry but its not all about developing Mitch that attitude with Jay is what got us into the situation we are in now .

No way. Apples to oranges. Trubisky has shown more accountability and leadership then Cutler ever did.

This is a QB league. Spending a top pick on a QB and then not getting a coach that can help him is worthless.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#13 » by Chi town » Tue Nov 7, 2017 2:29 am

Red Larrivee wrote:I hope we do everything possible to keep Fangio. He is crucial to the defensive improvement this franchise has undergone each season.

I want Fox gone. The available market of coaches is definitely a factor. With Fangio here, it makes sense to go after an offensive-minded coach. However, there doesn't seem to be a young OC available on the level of Sean McVay or Kyle Shanahan. I'm not sold on Jim Bob Cooter. Josh McDaniels isn't leaving New England for anything less than a high profile job with security.

Sean Payton would be the best scenario, but there's no chance he gets fired anymore. The Saints are 6-2 and could win the NFC South. So, we're likely talking about draft compensation, which isn't a great idea. Now that I think about it, there's actually a very legitimate chance that Fox is back next season. I'm not happy about it, but if the options aren't there, what's the alternative?

I'll also say this. Maybe...we bring Dave Toub back? I know he's been a life-long ST coordinator, but he's always mentioned as one of the best coordinators in the league who isn't a coach.

I’d like Fangio back but I don’t think he is that important. Pace gets the credit for the D. Lots of top talent there. Fox is a D coach too.

I like Toub and he’d be my pick if we didn’t have Trubisky.

I like the OC from KC.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#14 » by chitownsports4ever » Tue Nov 7, 2017 3:33 am

Chi town wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:

No way. Apples to oranges. Trubisky has shown more accountability and leadership then Cutler ever did.

This is a QB league. Spending a top pick on a QB and then not getting a coach that can help him is worthless.

and so we get a coach for Mitch but he cant coach anything else where does that leave us ?

The fact is that Mitch is raw but the other aspects of the Bears are getting better and improving but its not Fox's job to personally develop Mitch thats why we have other coaches .

This misguided notion that somehow someone else would come look at the Bears with a inconsistent pas protecting Oline , no weapons at receiver but a pro bowl running back and top half defense and decide to lets just let the raw rookie wing it it doesnt even make any sense .

I've never seen such craziness where allowing a qb who considered raw to develop under the umbrella of a good running and defense considered somehow hurting his development . I could understand it if we were sitting on Hopkins and Fuller but without those weapons you basically are doing more harm than good trying to rush him.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#15 » by City of Trees » Tue Nov 7, 2017 5:06 am

Fox needs to go. Bears should go with an offensive mind at HC and get rid of the horrible grass at soldier field . don't @ me

Truebiscuit
Sixth Man

Post#16 » by Truebiscuit » Wed Nov 8, 2017 6:38 pm

I'm torn, bros... if we finish 7-9 or 8-8, I think it will be tough to launch Fox.

Fangio may leave, but I would immediately tell Ed Donatell he is being promoted to DC (he's done it in the past, I believe his units averaged better than 13th in points allowed).

Loggains probably would stick around as well.

Not ideal in my word, I'd rather follow the Rams' blueprint and get an ascending offensive mind at head coach, pair him with a proven, experienced DC and tell him "you run the defense, do whatever you want".
Bears - 9
Bulls - 6
Blackhawks - 6
Cubs - 3

Return to Chicago Bears