Re: Week 4 - Bears vs Buccaneers 

Post#41 » by HearshotKDS » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:38 pm

What a mauling.
GetBuLLish
General Manager
And1: 2,509

Post#42 » by GetBuLLish » Mon Oct 1, 2018 12:49 am

Was at the office today, so I had to follow the game on Twitter. What a beat down! I always believed in you, Mitch! :lol:
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,599

Post#43 » by fleet » Mon Oct 1, 2018 1:22 am

I'm still not able to wash the tast of the cirst 3 games oit of my mouth on Mitch. He had 3 bad games, and one great game against a garbage secondary and little pass rush. Lets see him execute when he's not comfortable. Thats been his issue. That said, he did bis job. The main questiin to be answered is if he can beat good teams in tight games when his fundamentals break down. As a traumatized fan, I'm gonna keep flinching on this guy for awhile.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#44 » by Axxo » Mon Oct 1, 2018 1:53 am

City of Trees wrote:
Axxo wrote:Couple weeks ago on locked on Bears podcast Mark Schofield shared his opinion on evaluating QBs. He said they should be getting better each game but you look at it in 4 game segments. If by game 4 he doesn't show some type of break through improvement then that is where his development pace would be considered below average and legitimate concern is warranted.
Does this game help with some of your concerns?

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app

Some yes, still need to see Mitch against a good team that has a good pass rush.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#45 » by City of Trees » Mon Oct 1, 2018 2:07 am

Axxo wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
Axxo wrote:Couple weeks ago on locked on Bears podcast Mark Schofield shared his opinion on evaluating QBs. He said they should be getting better each game but you look at it in 4 game segments. If by game 4 he doesn't show some type of break through improvement then that is where his development pace would be considered below average and legitimate concern is warranted.
Does this game help with some of your concerns?

Some yes, still need to see Mitch against a good team that has a good pass rush.
Yeah Mitch doing it against good defenses is the level up we all want to see.

Today showed his floor isnt as low as some suggested.

chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,959

Post#46 » by chitownsports4ever » Mon Oct 1, 2018 3:12 am

Great game on both sides of the ball today . It was nice to se Mitch do what many of us have been asking for which is make the throws you are supposed to make at this level .

He didn't have to throw 6 tds to prove any thing and going forward I dont expect 6 tds a game but I still expect him to make these sorts of throws when guys are open and I dont see new scheme,coach,experience as being an excuse for someone coming into the league with accuracy and the ability to make every throw .

Its a much needed confidence booster for the entire team and going into the bye but I fear the tale of this team wont be written until the second half because the schedule gods have surely favored us the first half .

Dolphins will have 2 weeks to prepare and NE is one of the best scheme and exploit teams in the league so it will be interesting
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,237

Post#47 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Oct 1, 2018 3:25 am

fleet wrote:I'm still not able to wash the tast of the cirst 3 games oit of my mouth on Mitch. He had 3 bad games, and one great game against a garbage secondary and little pass rush. Lets see him execute when he's not comfortable. Thats been his issue. That said, he did bis job. The main questiin to be answered is if he can beat good teams in tight games when his fundamentals break down. As a traumatized fan, I'm gonna keep flinching on this guy for awhile.

You're not wrong about doing it against an awful defense but big credit has to be given for doing it in a historic manner with 6 TDs. First Bears QB since 1949.

I think there would have been even more concern if he struggled against a poor defense like this, but he dominated and showed he has it in him. He definitely needs to build off of this performance and like you said do it when the game is tighter and when there is more pressure.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#48 » by Susan » Mon Oct 1, 2018 4:14 am

Tampa was the 5th ranked offense on Football Outsiders coming into this game and they did absolutely nothing to this defense.

Right now the Rams are sitting alone at 4-0, it's us and the Saints at 3-1 and then there's the rest of the NFC.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#49 » by Susan » Mon Oct 1, 2018 4:25 am

WHERE'S TEN AT?!
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,083

Post#50 » by Chi town » Mon Oct 1, 2018 5:07 am

Money Mitch!
Axxo
Analyst

Post#51 » by Axxo » Mon Oct 1, 2018 2:24 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:Great game on both sides of the ball today . It was nice to se Mitch do what many of us have been asking for which is make the throws you are supposed to make at this level .

He didn't have to throw 6 tds to prove any thing and going forward I dont expect 6 tds a game but I still expect him to make these sorts of throws when guys are open and I dont see new scheme,coach,experience as being an excuse for someone coming into the league with accuracy and the ability to make every throw .

Its a much needed confidence booster for the entire team and going into the bye but I fear the tale of this team wont be written until the second half because the schedule gods have surely favored us the first half .

Dolphins will have 2 weeks to prepare and NE is one of the best scheme and exploit teams in the league so it will be interesting

Keep in mind NE plays the Chiefs the week before they play us so that is kind of preparation in a way. Nagy also gets a look to see how they plan to defend Reid's scheme so should be interesting.
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,470

Post#52 » by CBS7 » Mon Oct 1, 2018 3:04 pm

Dolphins and Patriots are tied for 29th in Sacks. The Bills and Jets suck. All winnable games.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#53 » by Axxo » Mon Oct 1, 2018 3:11 pm

CBS7 wrote:Dolphins and Patriots are tied for 29th in Sacks. The Bills and Jets suck. All winnable games.

Funny you mentioned that. I have a co-worker here who is a Patriots fan and "Rams is his 2nd fav".... and he is the football "officiando" at the company says that the only reason the Bears won any games is because no one respects Mitch. So I told him that's fine keep not respecting him then. If everyone does that then Bears are going to the SB. He also made me a bet that Khalil would not get even 1 strip sack/fumble against Brady.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,237

Post#54 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Oct 1, 2018 4:27 pm

Axxo wrote:
CBS7 wrote:Dolphins and Patriots are tied for 29th in Sacks. The Bills and Jets suck. All winnable games.

Funny you mentioned that. I have a co-worker here who is a Patriots fan and "Rams is his 2nd fav".... and he is the football "officiando" at the company says that the only reason the Bears won any games is because no one respects Mitch. So I told him that's fine keep not respecting him then. If everyone does that then Bears are going to the SB. He also made me a bet that Khalil would not get even 1 strip sack/fumble against Brady.

That logic makes absolutely zero sense.

It would be interesting to see what Mack did against the Patriots when he's faced them.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Axxo
Analyst

Post#55 » by Axxo » Mon Oct 1, 2018 4:33 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:
Axxo wrote:

It would be interesting to see what Mack did against the Patriots when he's faced them.

Yes, I didn't know that stat until CBS7 posted it. One thing I think we learned from this game. If you don't blitz against the bears Mitch will pick you apart. I would be shocked if other teams follow TB's example and be content to give him time to throw.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#56 » by City of Trees » Mon Oct 1, 2018 6:01 pm

Read on Twitter

NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 8,090

Post#57 » by NZB2323 » Mon Oct 1, 2018 6:54 pm

City of Trees wrote:
Read on Twitter

That’s great but at the same time I’ve seen Rex Grossman, Kyle Orton, and Jay Cutler all have fantastic games with the Bears. Now, they weren’t as young as Mitch and weren’t as good, but I think cautious optimism is the way we should feel about Mitch.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#58 » by City of Trees » Mon Oct 1, 2018 6:57 pm

NZB2323 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
Read on Twitter

That’s great but at the same time I’ve seen Rex Grossman, Kyle Orton, and Jay Cutler all have fantastic games with the Bears. Now, they weren’t as young as Mitch and weren’t as good, but I think cautious optimism is the way we should feel about Mitch.
Of course. One game doesn't make him Brees. In that context I see no harm in celebrating his historical game

NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 8,090

Post#59 » by NZB2323 » Mon Oct 1, 2018 6:59 pm

Axxo wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:
Axxo wrote:Funny you mentioned that. I have a co-worker here who is a Patriots fan and "Rams is his 2nd fav".... and he is the football "officiando" at the company says that the only reason the Bears won any games is because no one respects Mitch. So I told him that's fine keep not respecting him then. If everyone does that then Bears are going to the SB. He also made me a bet that Khalil would not get even 1 strip sack/fumble against Brady.

Yes, I didn't know that stat until CBS7 posted it. One thing I think we learned from this game. If you don't blitz against the bears Mitch will pick you apart. I would be shocked if other teams follow TB's example and be content to give him time to throw.

With Cohen it should be fairly easy to teach Mitch to throw screen passes out of blitzes. I know that he thew a terrible one against Ariana that got picked off, but hopefully they can work on avoiding those mistakes this bye week. If the other team is Blitzing, someone should be open.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#60 » by City of Trees » Mon Oct 1, 2018 10:00 pm

NZB2323 wrote:
Axxo wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:That logic makes absolutely zero sense.

With Cohen it should be fairly easy to teach Mitch to throw screen passes out of blitzes. I know that he thew a terrible one against Ariana that got picked off, but hopefully they can work on avoiding those mistakes this bye week. If the other team is Blitzing, someone should be open.
Against Tampa Mitch threw another risky screen pass to Howard that could have been intercepted. What i liked is later on in the game the ran a Burton screen that was once again covered well, Mitch grounded the ball instead of forcing it. Growth?

Return to Chicago Bears