Image Image Image Image

NFC Wildcard: Eagles @ Bears, Sunday, Soldier Field, 3:40 CST, TV-NBC

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,613

Re: NFC Wildcard: Eagles @ Bears, Sunday, Soldier Field, 3:40 CST, TV-NBC 

Post#61 » by jacoby1us » Mon Jan 7, 2019 1:21 am

Quite disappointing, even the Eagles were stunned they won.
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#62 » by Axxo » Mon Jan 7, 2019 1:27 am

jacoby1us wrote:Quite disappointing, even the Eagles were stunned they won.

Yep...one of my buddies is an eagles fan. He texted me like "wow you guys had that dead. Thank you?"
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#63 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Jan 7, 2019 1:39 am

Man how bout nagys call for 2?
It surprised me, up 6 pts is safer than 5.
He rolled the dice and lost because bears lost by 1.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#64 » by Susan » Mon Jan 7, 2019 1:54 am

bearadonisdna wrote:Man how bout nagys call for 2?

lol, Philly just kicks the extra point to go up 1 if the Bears were up 6.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#65 » by Susan » Mon Jan 7, 2019 2:09 am

The first half (up until that last drive) they were tight on offense, but then Mitch started moving the ball really well when they went uptempo. The problem is that we can't have that uptempo offense all the time because it puts too much pressure on the defense. When Mitch needed to respond, he did and he played pretty great in his last drives.

Pace has made very few mistakes as the GM. Letting Robbie Gould go is his biggest and he has a chance to right that wrong this offseason.

Nagy has made few personnel mistakes thus far. Playing Mizell and not trusting Howard has been his biggest. Howard got rolling more in the second half of the year but Nagy needs to do a better job of getting the running game rolling.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,237

Post#66 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Jan 7, 2019 3:13 am

My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#67 » by City of Trees » Mon Jan 7, 2019 3:14 am

I don't remember who but someone on this board called Parkey's miss months ago.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#68 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Jan 7, 2019 3:16 am

You serious? A TD wins the game no matter what in that scenario. If they had gone for the extra point, Eagles would have also just kicked the extra point to go up 1.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#69 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Jan 7, 2019 3:52 am

[quote="RedBulls23"][quote="bearadonisdna"]Man how bout nagys call for 2?
He rolled the dice and lost because bears lost by 1.[/quote]
You serious? A TD wins the game no matter what in that scenario. If they had gone for the extra point, Eagles would have also just kicked the extra point to go up 1.[/quote]

To me theres some value to being up 2 fgs as opposed to 2 fgs being able to beat you.

Its like money in the bank, Parkey insurance because you already got 3 fgs from him.
Winning a playoff game on parkeys leg wasnt in this teams recipe for success.
4 fgs and the game winner would have been a gould like performance. We needed parkey to not kill us, instead the team was completely leaning on him.

Of course parker proved that xp’s are even trouble. At that point the onus is on the kicker. As a coach i dont think you can afford to leave any points on the table. It resonates to me because the bears lost by 1.

Nagy is a rookie coach. Nagy will learn to be conservative to preserve a win.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#70 » by City of Trees » Mon Jan 7, 2019 4:21 am

Nagy going for 2 didnt hurt the Bears.

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#71 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Jan 7, 2019 4:21 am

bearadonisdna wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:

You serious? A TD wins the game no matter what in that scenario. If they had gone for the extra point, Eagles would have also just kicked the extra point to go up 1.

To me theres some value to being up 2 fgs as opposed to 2 fgs being able to beat you.

Its like money in the bank, Parkey insurance because you already got 3 fgs from him.
Winning a playoff game on parkeys leg wasnt in this teams recipe for success.
4 fgs and the game winner would have been a gould like performance. We needed parkey to not kill us, instead the team was completely leaning on him.

Of course parker proved that xp’s are even trouble. At that point the onus is on the kicker. As a coach i dont think you can afford to leave any points on the table. It resonates to me because the bears lost by 1.

Nagy is a rookie coach. Nagy will learn to be conservative to preserve a win.

Once again, the Bears would have still lost by 1 because the Eagles would have just kicked the extra point.
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,013

Post#72 » by Am2626 » Mon Jan 7, 2019 4:36 am

Going for 2 was the right call in that situation. Even if they kicked the extra point, when the Eagles scored that touchdown later they would have kicked the extra point to take the lead and the score would have been 17-16 Eagles. The Bears still would have had to come back and make a field goal to win the game at the end.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#73 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon Jan 7, 2019 5:02 am

City of Trees wrote:I don't remember who but someone on this board called Parkey's miss months ago.

Guilty.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#74 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Jan 7, 2019 5:22 am

City of Trees wrote:Nagy going for 2 didnt hurt the Bears.

And going for 2 was the absolute right decision.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#75 » by Axxo » Mon Jan 7, 2019 5:27 am

Tabor or Parkey or rather both need to go. Or this team will be exploited like the Eagles and Patriots did. Thats our greatest weakness.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#76 » by transplant » Mon Jan 7, 2019 2:23 pm

Axxo wrote:Tabor or Parkey or rather both need to go. Or this team will be exploited like the Eagles and Patriots did. Thats our greatest weakness.

Why Tabor?

As for Parkey, what I saw was a good snap, good hold and a bad kick. To me that's all on Parkey. The ball being tipped spreads the blame a bit, making it more of a total FG team failure. While it changes how I feel about Parkey a little bit, it doesn't change my opinion that Pace/Nagy cannot trot Parkey out as the team's PK ever again.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
Axxo
Analyst

Post#77 » by Axxo » Mon Jan 7, 2019 5:03 pm

transplant wrote:
Axxo wrote:Tabor or Parkey or rather both need to go. Or this team will be exploited like the Eagles and Patriots did. Thats our greatest weakness.

Why Tabor?

As for Parkey, what I saw was a good snap, good hold and a bad kick. To me that's all on Parkey. The ball being tipped spreads the blame a bit, making it more of a total FG team failure. While it changes how I feel about Parkey a little bit, it doesn't change my opinion that Pace/Nagy cannot trot Parkey out as the team's PK ever again.

The patriots also saw weakness in the special teams and scored 2 TDs on the unit. As far as Parkey he did make the probowl in 2014 with the eagles. He played well before comimg here. Then all of a sudden he misses 11 kicks under Tabor? How is he and the special teams unit being prepared for games? Doesnt seem to be very well prepared. Once is an anomally, same issue this many times has to be coaching and prep. It would cost the bears more to release Parkey. Easier to get a better coach.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#78 » by transplant » Mon Jan 7, 2019 9:54 pm

Axxo wrote:
transplant wrote:

Why Tabor?

The patriots also saw weakness in the special teams and scored 2 TDs on the unit. As far as Parkey he did make the probowl in 2014 with the eagles. He played well before comimg here. Then all of a sudden he misses 11 kicks under Tabor? How is he and the special teams unit being prepared for games? Doesnt seem to be very well prepared. Once is an anomally, same issue this many times has to be coaching and prep. It would cost the bears more to release Parkey. Easier to get a better coach.

On Tabor, the Bears had Cody Parkey as their PK and finished near the bottom in FG kicking and kickoffs. The Bears had Tarik Cohen as their punt returner and was #2 in the league in average punt return yardage. They didn't have a good kickoff returner, so they ranked very low in in kickoff return yardage. O'Donnell's a pretty good punter and their punt coverage stats are correspondingly pretty good.

Tabor's OK with me.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,075

Post#79 » by Pharmcat » Tue Jan 8, 2019 4:46 am

Susan wrote:The first half (up until that last drive) they were tight on offense, but then Mitch started moving the ball really well when they went uptempo. The problem is that we can't have that uptempo offense all the time because it puts too much pressure on the defense. When Mitch needed to respond, he did and he played pretty great in his last drives.

Pace has made very few mistakes as the GM. Letting Robbie Gould go is his biggest and he has a chance to right that wrong this offseason.

Nagy has made few personnel mistakes thus far. Playing Mizell and not trusting Howard has been his biggest. Howard got rolling more in the second half of the year but Nagy needs to do a better job of getting the running game rolling.

i watched the game again this evening, and the bears should be kicking themselves about how they played in the first half up until that last drive. IMO that was the difference in the game, you let the other team hang around and it comes back to bite you. They needed to open the offense up a little more in the first half. great run for the bears this year, but I feel like it shouldve continued longer...
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#80 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Jan 8, 2019 6:06 am

Pharmcat wrote:
Susan wrote:The first half (up until that last drive) they were tight on offense, but then Mitch started moving the ball really well when they went uptempo. The problem is that we can't have that uptempo offense all the time because it puts too much pressure on the defense. When Mitch needed to respond, he did and he played pretty great in his last drives.

i watched the game again this evening, and the bears should be kicking themselves about how they played in the first half up until that last drive. IMO that was the difference in the game, you let the other team hang around and it comes back to bite you. They needed to open the offense up a little more in the first half. great run for the bears this year, but I feel like it shouldve continued longer...

All season Nagy did his thing and had a pretty open offense, so it was definitely odd and confusing to see him come out and not test the eagles secondary from the get go.

If he does that right off the bat, the Bears aren't relying on Parkey to win.

Oh well, lost season. Big thing for next season is going to be if they can continue to stay relatively healthy.

Return to Chicago Bears