Bears @ Eagles Game thread

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,960

Bears @ Eagles Game thread 

Post#1 » by chitownsports4ever » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:22 pm

Game Day !!!!! Id like to see Mitch and the offense take another step today to and score 4 offensive tds

Read on Twitter

Reporter on what Wentz told him about his growth the first two seasons in the league

Read on Twitter
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,960

Re: Bears @ Eagles Game thread 

Post#2 » by chitownsports4ever » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:47 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#3 » by City of Trees » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:16 pm

Time to end all "mega punt" talk. Dude is average af

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
GetBuLLish
General Manager
And1: 2,509

Post#4 » by GetBuLLish » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:59 pm

It's almost impressive how terrible John Fox is.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#5 » by Susan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:59 pm

Philly is just too good for us right now. They're really freaking good at running away from teams.
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#6 » by Axxo » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:11 pm

Glad to see I'm not the only glutton for punishment around...brutal
GetBuLLish
General Manager
And1: 2,509

Post#7 » by GetBuLLish » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:20 pm

I want to see another 50+ yard FG attempt instead of going for it on 4th and short. Don't care about whichever trash kicker we have in there. Just gimme the wide-right-by-a-mile field goal kick.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#8 » by Red Larrivee » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:30 pm

Turned it off at some point in the 1st. Just no point in watching this.
Bulls69
Head Coach
And1: 417

Post#9 » by Bulls69 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:41 pm

GetBuLLish wrote:It's almost impressive how terrible John Fox is.

I can't recall of ever seeing a NFL team going a whole half without a first down I didn't expect the Bears to come into Philly to win but at least compete
Knicksgod wrote: I know LeBron won't go to Chicago. There could be another surprise team, but if he leaves Cleveland, then teaming with Bosh and Gallo in NYC is a likely scenario.
Bulls69
Head Coach

Post#10 » by Bulls69 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:45 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:Turned it off at some point in the 1st. Just no point in watching this.

Trust me you are not missing a thing just watching the Bears getting worked I know Jeffery is saying Thank Goodness I left that garbage of a team.
Knicksgod wrote: I know LeBron won't go to Chicago. There could be another surprise team, but if he leaves Cleveland, then teaming with Bosh and Gallo in NYC is a likely scenario.
Bulls69
Head Coach

Post#11 » by Bulls69 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:47 pm

GetBuLLish wrote:I want to see another 50+ yard FG attempt instead of going for it on 4th and short. Don't care about whichever trash kicker we have in there. Just gimme the wide-right-by-a-mile field goal kick.

The Bears are still playing conservative hello Fox the Bears are going to the playoffs have fun and open up the play books if you have one.
Susan
RealGM

Post#12 » by Susan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:01 pm

Looks like Indy will win today. That puts us at the 5th draft slot. :)

Give us some real talent at WR or another edge rusher.
Red Larrivee
RealGM

Post#13 » by Red Larrivee » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:04 pm

Susan wrote:Looks like Indy will win today. That puts us at the 5th draft slot. :)

I'm liking Bradley Chubb or Minkah Fitzpatrick at that pick, but it's early. This doesn't look like a great draft to draft high on WR's.

More than likely, the depth at WR in free agency will be used to address that need.
Susan
RealGM

Post#14 » by Susan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:11 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:
Susan wrote:Looks like Indy will win today. That puts us at the 5th draft slot. :)

I'm liking Bradley Chubb or Minkah Fitzpatrick at that pick, but it's early. This doesn't look like a great draft to draft high on WR's.

More than likely, the depth at WR in free agency will be used to address that need.

I'm good with our crew of safeties but as I type that, Eddie Jackson drops a surefire INT.
Red Larrivee
RealGM

Post#15 » by Red Larrivee » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:13 pm

Susan wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:

I'm good with our crew of safeties but as I type that, Eddie Jackson drops a surefire INT.

I like Jackson and Amos, but Fitzpatrick is big time. He's on the level of Jamal Adams, if not better.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,703

Post#16 » by fleet » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:13 pm

GetBuLLish wrote:It's almost impressive how terrible John Fox is.

Pace is major part of the problem if not the bigger problem. Fox won a Superbowl when he had horses. No depth whatsoever. A mediocre tomorrow is best case scenario. No Superbowls in these people's futures. Very limited in the FO.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#17 » by transplant » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:53 pm

I didn't expect them to win, but this was unquestionably a poor performance. The Eagles big uglies were clearly superior to the Bears big uglies. It's hard to look good when this is the case. I didn't think Trubisky was very sharp either.

A just plain bad day.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
Red Larrivee
RealGM

Post#18 » by Red Larrivee » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:17 pm

fleet wrote:Pace is major part of the problem if not the bigger problem. Fox won a Superbowl when he had horses. No depth whatsoever. A mediocre tomorrow is best case scenario. No Superbowls in these people's futures. Very limited in the FO.

I struggle blaming Pace for the bulk of our issues. When Pace took over, the Bears really had nothing. The defense and offense were both in decline, and his QB was expensive and enigmatic. Our best individual asset was Alshon Jeffery. We were missing on draft picks and not getting a lot out of free agency either. Some of that has changed.

Draft picks: Cody Whitehair, Adrian Amos, Eddie Jackson, Leonard Floyd, Jordan Howard, Tarik Cohen, Eddie Goldman.

FA signings: Akiem Hicks, Pernell McPhee, Danny Trevethan have all provided value.

There's definitely some things to be encouraged about going forward. But, Pace is still knee deep in trying to replinish this roster. This offseason, that starts with the secondary (CB's) and WR's. He also needs to find a coaching staff that can maximize Trubisky's strengths.

We always knew this was a 3-4 year process. Hell, it may be 5. We're still on that timeline and are a much more talented team than we were.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,237

Post#19 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:20 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:
fleet wrote:Pace is major part of the problem if not the bigger problem. Fox won a Superbowl when he had horses. No depth whatsoever. A mediocre tomorrow is best case scenario. No Superbowls in these people's futures. Very limited in the FO.

I struggle blaming Pace for the bulk of our issues. When Pace took over, the Bears really had nothing. The defense and offense were both in decline, and his QB was expensive and enigmatic. Our best individual asset was Alshon Jeffery. We were missing on draft picks and not getting a lot out of free agency either. Some of that has changed.

Draft picks: Cody Whitehair, Adrian Amos, Eddie Jackson, Leonard Floyd, Jordan Howard, Tarik Cohen, Eddie Goldman.

FA signings: Akiem Hicks, Pernell McPhee, Danny Trevethan have all provided value.

There's definitely some things to be encouraged about going forward. But, Pace is still knee deep in trying to replinish this roster. This offseason, that starts with the secondary (CB's) and WR's. He also needs to find a coaching staff that can maximize Trubisky's strengths.

We always knew this was a 3-4 year process. Hell, it may be 5. We're still on that timeline and are a much more talented team than we were.

I don't remember many people talking about a 4-5 year rebuild. That's revisionist

Fact is Pace and Fox are a combined 12 wins on their bears tenure.

Fox will be gone for sure, but it looks like Pace is here to stay for the foreseeable future. He has to have an A+ off season with the arrow pointing up next season. If we're being honest, the excuses are wearing thin.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Red Larrivee
RealGM

Post#20 » by Red Larrivee » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:23 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:I don't remember many people talking about a 4-5 year rebuild. That's revisionist

Fact is Pace and Fox are a combined 12 wins on their bears tenure.

Fox will be gone for sure, but it looks like Pace is here to stay for the foreseeable future. He has to have an A+ off season with the arrow pointing up next season. If we're being honest, the excuses are wearing thin.

I remember many people saying it would take at least 3.

How far along should we be by now? Most of the progress is about QB and the Bears just drafted their potential QB. I hate these unwatchable games too, but I look back and don't see how we're supposed to be in a better spot by now. I guess if the Kevin White pick actually worked, the offense would be further along, but we'd still be pretty bad.

Return to Chicago Bears