Image Image Image Image

General discussion - 2018 season

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Re: General discussion - 2018 season 

Post#141 » by Axxo » Sat Sep 1, 2018 5:10 pm

Bears release Leblanc and Grant..... i was hoping them kept them. I dont want Cooper on this team
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,577

Post#142 » by fleet » Sat Sep 1, 2018 6:28 pm

NSFW
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#143 » by fleet » Sat Sep 1, 2018 6:29 pm

Axxo wrote:Bears release Leblanc and Grant..... i was hoping them kept them. I dont want Cooper on this team

at the same time, I wanted Tolliver and Wims to be good enough to make the team. That sets a lot of things off down the line.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#144 » by Susan » Sat Sep 1, 2018 6:42 pm

Fingers crossed Ryan Nall makes it to our practice roster. He's got serious vision and really is a good backup for Howard.
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#145 » by heir_jordan22 » Sun Sep 2, 2018 2:31 pm

We have Mack on a roster exemption. Once that expires we have to trim one more player off the roster. Who do you think that will be?

FB Burton?
One of the OL (Grasu, Coward, Sowell)?
OLB (Irving, Acho, Lynch)?
TE? Maybe Shaheen on PUP list and then a different change when he returns?

What do you guys think?
Axxo
Analyst

Post#146 » by Axxo » Sun Sep 2, 2018 4:00 pm

heir_jordan22 wrote:We have Mack on a roster exemption. Once that expires we have to trim one more player off the roster. Who do you think that will be?

FB Burton?

What do you guys think?

Grasu...he was projected as a cut candidate. Hopefully we can trade him for a future pick.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#147 » by Axxo » Sun Sep 2, 2018 6:04 pm

Deiondre Hall traded to eagles for conditional 7th rnd pick. Hope he get his life together. Great move by Pace. We dont need that kind of foolishness on this team.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#148 » by transplant » Sun Sep 2, 2018 6:20 pm

Axxo wrote:
heir_jordan22 wrote:We have Mack on a roster exemption. Once that expires we have to trim one more player off the roster. Who do you think that will be?

FB Burton?

What do you guys think?

Grasu...he was projected as a cut candidate. Hopefully we can trade him for a future pick.

Yeah, I can't see Grasu making the final roster. He needs to practice long-snapping.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
transplant
RealGM

Post#149 » by transplant » Sun Sep 2, 2018 7:00 pm

Pace just announced that Grasu is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

transplant
RealGM

Post#150 » by transplant » Sun Sep 2, 2018 7:19 pm

Signing Mack was a serious gamble. His future cap hits will make it difficult for the Bears to be serious players in future FA markets and may also make it difficult to re-sign proven players when their contracts run out.

This pretty much defines a “win now” team. Are they already there? I didn’t think so, but I think they may think so.

In my experience (and I’m old), fan expectations are invariably ahead of the organization’s expectations. This feels kinda weird.

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,236

Post#151 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Sep 2, 2018 7:32 pm

transplant wrote:Signing Mack was a serious gamble. His future cap hits will make it difficult for the Bears to be serious players in future FA markets and may also make it difficult to re-sign proven players when their contracts run out.

This pretty much defines a “win now” team. Are they already there? I didn’t think so, but I think they may think so.

In my experience (and I’m old), fan expectations are invariably ahead of the organization’s expectations. This feels kinda weird.

Winning now depends on how good Trubisky is this season. I think before the expectations were if Trubisky is good the team will win 8-9 games.

Now if Trubisky is good, I see a playoff team for sure. Bears will have the weapons on offense and the front 7 on defense is absolutely sick.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#152 » by fleet » Sun Sep 2, 2018 8:19 pm

FB Burton?

What do you guys think?

It would never be Coward IMO. That guy is a future starter. I know next to nothing about Sowell. I'm thinking Bellamy or Grasu.

Edit: It was Grasu
https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2018/9/2/17812376/chicago-bears-release-2015-third-round-pick-hroniss-grasu-center-oregon
Axxo
Analyst

Post#153 » by Axxo » Mon Sep 3, 2018 1:41 pm

No one has brought up Adam Shaheen and him being on IR again. Is everyone still confident in this pick or should Bears cut bait?
Susan
RealGM

Post#154 » by Susan » Mon Sep 3, 2018 3:20 pm

Axxo wrote:No one has brought up Adam Shaheen and him being on IR again. Is everyone still confident in this pick or should Bears cut bait?

He's a potential game changer at TE. His style of play is reckless but worth it (think Gronk).

No need to give up early on a player like that.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#155 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Sep 3, 2018 3:33 pm

Certainly too early to give up on, but it's concerning. Hopefully he can come back at some point this season. That's what the talk is anyways.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#156 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Sep 4, 2018 6:53 am

The signing of Mack does put even more pressure on Trubisky.

Fact is, this is our guy for the next 2 seasons AT LEAST even if he's not good. They won't be able to draft a new QB if he isn't able to come out and execute Nagy's offense. All the pieces are there now, but all eyes are still on Mitch.
Susan
RealGM

Post#157 » by Susan » Tue Sep 4, 2018 3:28 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:The signing of Mack does put even more pressure on Trubisky.

Fact is, this is our guy for the next 2 seasons AT LEAST even if he's not good. They won't be able to draft a new QB if he isn't able to come out and execute Nagy's offense. All the pieces are there now, but all eyes are still on Mitch.

I seriously disagree.

They can rely on Howard and Cohen to carry a lot of weight in the running game and allow the defense to stay off of the field and dominate when they're on the field. No need to thrust Mitch into a role that exceeds his current talent right now. This is an ideal scenario for a QB to come in and make plays.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#158 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Sep 4, 2018 3:47 pm

Susan wrote:

I seriously disagree.

They can rely on Howard and Cohen to carry a lot of weight in the running game and allow the defense to stay off of the field and dominate when they're on the field. No need to thrust Mitch into a role that exceeds his current talent right now. This is an ideal scenario for a QB to come in and make plays.

You don't win that way in today's league. You still have to be able to throw the ball. That's all I'm saying. If Mitch comes out and plays like last year for the most part, that's not going to bode well for the team.

He needs to be able execute the offense. I'd say that he needs to be able to play as well as Russell Wilson did when he first came into the league (he had an absolutely stacked defense and great running game to support him too). Mitch will have to be able to make big plays when the Bears need him to and not turn the ball over in crucial situations. So again if he's not able to be that guy, Bears still going to be stuck here because the Bears now don't have a way to replace him at least for the next 2 seasons.

So maybe we can say the pressure falls under Pace more so, but the pressure overall did just increase on the case of Trubisky being legit starting quality QB.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#159 » by Axxo » Tue Sep 4, 2018 3:49 pm

Susan wrote:

I seriously disagree.

I have to agree with Red here. K-Mack has shown he can elevate a defense, help get possession back and provide the offense with a short field to operate. Mitch has been given weapons on the offensive end and being the QB is the most impactful position on the field Mitch is the x-factor. How well he executes will determine whether or not Bears are a playoff team.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,121

Post#160 » by patryk7754 » Wed Sep 5, 2018 12:28 pm

I think we should sign Dez.

Robinson, Dez, Gabriel, Miller, Burton, Howard, Cohen, and Cunningham.

It's be hard for Trubisky to fail with that supporting cast

Return to Chicago Bears