Re: Bears resign CB Kyle Fuller 

Post#3 » by Axxo » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:10 am

Packer fans are saying Gunte tricked Pace into overpaying
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#4 » by Susan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:49 am

$18m guaranteed. If Fuller is worth it, great we pay him what he's worth for 4 years. If not, we cut him.

Fairly simple and good move for us to match. We guaranteed $13m with the transition tag. Feeling good about the secondary now with him and Prince.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: Bears resign CB Kyle Fuller 

Post#5 » by City of Trees » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:44 am

Axxo wrote:Packer fans are saying Gunte tricked Pace into overpaying

Packers fans are doing all they can to save face.

Missed on Fangio
Missed on Allen Robinson
Missed on Fuller

Pace is winning. Bears had already set Fuller at $12.9m. Paying the extra $1.1m is hardly a "trick".

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,236

Post#6 » by RedBulls23 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:08 am

Big contract, but can't fault pace for matching. Hopefully Fuller plays like he did last year for most of it.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#7 » by Axxo » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:07 am

Susan wrote:$18m guaranteed. If Fuller is worth it, great we pay him what he's worth for 4 years. If not, we cut him.

Fairly simple and good move for us to match. We guaranteed $13m with the transition tag. Feeling good about the secondary now with him and Prince.

Is it 18M? How did shefty come up with 29M?
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: Bears resign CB Kyle Fuller 

Post#8 » by City of Trees » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:27 am

Axxo wrote:
Susan wrote:$18m guaranteed. If Fuller is worth it, great we pay him what he's worth for 4 years. If not, we cut him.

Is it 18M? How did shefty come up with 29M?

Its $18M guaranteed.

$29m included non guaranteed money as well.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,121

Post#9 » by patryk7754 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:42 am

Axxo wrote:
Read on Twitter

All people who signed their deals 2-3 years ago at the earliest. It's not a bad deal for a guy the caliber of Fuller. We should have done what the chargers did and just extend him early. They got one of the best corners in the league for 3/36
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#10 » by Susan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:54 am

RedBulls23 wrote:Big contract, but can't fault pace for matching. Hopefully Fuller plays like he did last year for most of it.

Not big in guaranteed money.

Just happy we've got continuity in the secondary this year. I love Amos and Jackson and think they can go ahead and draft a CB to develop behind Kyle and Prince now.

Clearly we need some OLB help and you can always use more young Oline talent.

We still have 24.3m left over right now. I expect to see us sign some more players to prove it deals and they're either going to do well like Prince did or die like Wheaton did.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#11 » by Axxo » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:35 pm

Susan wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:Big contract, but can't fault pace for matching. Hopefully Fuller plays like he did last year for most of it.

Just happy we've got continuity in the secondary this year. I love Amos and Jackson and think they can go ahead and draft a CB to develop behind Kyle and Prince now.

We still have 24.3m left over right now. I expect to see us sign some more players to prove it deals and they're either going to do well like Prince did or die like Wheaton did.

The 29M (which was 11M of non-guaranteed added) does put the total "guaranteed" right up to what the top CBs got which was 30M. Not sure why Pace did that since all they had to do was match the deal on the table. Its that extra 11M that the packer fans were referring to as the forced overpay.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#12 » by Axxo » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:45 pm

patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,121

Post#13 » by patryk7754 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:49 pm

Susan wrote:

I think we're signing Vinny Curry. I think we're done with LBs. Maybe just an ILB for depth. I think Pace is comfortable with acho or Lynch starting if we don't get a starter in the draft.

I think that top 2 choices for Pace in round one will be Edmunds and Ward.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,077

Post#14 » by Chi town » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:27 pm

Exceptional deal. I think Fuller will be even better this season w a healthy d.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#15 » by transplant » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:06 pm

Coming into this off season, I told anyone who would listen that I'd be happy if the Bears brought back last year's corners. Amukamara (28) and Fuller (26) are an above average pairing. Going into last season CB was a gaping hole. It's now a strength. Good stuff.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
thedarkstark
Analyst
And1: 1,224

Post#16 » by thedarkstark » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:20 am

Pace messed up, why on earth would you match so soon? They should've negotiated with Fullers agent but waited the ENTIRE 5 days before having him officially sign so that the Packers are left in limbo while other potential FA CB's are gobbled up.

This is dumb, if there is any truth to it then their GM is a total moron.

There are 29 other teams in the league the Packers have to beat to win a ship. Are you telling me that they'd be willing to jeopardize making their team worse (or at least cap strapped) JUST TO TRY and screw over 1 team that isn't projected to be any good next season anyways?? Division rivals or not, if they didn't believe Fuller was worth the contract they offered and the Bears called their bluff they'd be totally screwed.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#17 » by Axxo » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:41 pm

thedarkstark wrote:Pace messed up, why on earth would you match so soon? They should've negotiated with Fullers agent but waited the ENTIRE 5 days before having him officially sign so that the Packers are left in limbo while other potential FA CB's are gobbled up.

This is dumb, if there is any truth to it then their GM is a total moron.

There are 29 other teams in the league the Packers have to beat to win a ship. Are you telling me that they'd be willing to jeopardize making their team worse (or at least cap strapped) JUST TO TRY and screw over 1 team that isn't projected to be any good next season anyways?? Division rivals or not, if they didn't believe Fuller was worth the contract they offered and the Bears called their bluff they'd be totally screwed.

Yeah i agree. That's poor GMing. That's what the packer fans are saying on their forum though. I believe Packers would have had to cut guys to get Fuller on that contract too.
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,143

Post#18 » by CjayC » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:10 pm

Show of confidence in Fuller that he matched so early and with the way his contract is structured with the money going up as he enters his prime. I don't have a problem with showing some confidence in your own guys. If he sucks restructure during year 3 and cut after it to take that cap hit down(Sorry if I made that sound oversimplified lol).
Axxo
Analyst

Post#19 » by Axxo » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:45 pm

Turns out it was true that Packers GM did try and pull something in offering Fuller a contract.
https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/matching-packers-bid-for-cb-kyle-fuller-was-easy-call-for-bears-gm-ryan-pace/

Return to Chicago Bears