Image Image Image Image

Week 1 - Bears vs Packers: Go Mack Go!

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,569

Re: Week 1 - Bears vs Packers: Go Mack Go! 

Post#201 » by fleet » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:51 am

Briggs: Bears didn't make adjustments and kept trying to be cute
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#202 » by Susan » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:52 am

Mack, Roquan and pretty much the entire offense not playing at all in the pre-season hurt us in this game.

I think Mitch showed really good pocket presence today and avoided pressure a few times and made big plays that shouldn't have happened. There's a lack of fluidity in the offense once they took the foot off the petal but I think we can fix that over time. Mitch didn't have any Cutler like moments where the ball was at risk for getting picked off. He tried to force it to AR15 a few times which wasn't great and seemed a bit rushed in his decision making.
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#203 » by Axxo » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:00 am

Im not even mad about this loss
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,958

Post#204 » by chitownsports4ever » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:19 am

Susan wrote:Mack, Roquan and pretty much the entire offense not playing at all in the pre-season hurt us in this game.

I think Mitch showed really good pocket presence today and avoided pressure a few times and made big plays that shouldn't have happened. There's a lack of fluidity in the offense once they took the foot off the petal but I think we can fix that over time. Mitch didn't have any Cutler like moments where the ball was at risk for getting picked off. He tried to force it to AR15 a few times which wasn't great and seemed a bit rushed in his decision making.

Mitch did not look remotely ready to be a high NFL caliber passer .He truly is a real project as he was missing players and sailing quite a few balls . We settled for a td because he missed ARob on that second possession .

This season is really gonna be all about Mitch and how much he can grow.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,591

Post#205 » by dice » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:46 am

GetBuLLish wrote:By the way, can someone convince me otherwise on this: Leonard Floyd is terrible, IMO. I just don't see it with him.

FWIW, athlon sports has him ranked as the #12 outside linebacker for teams that run a 3-4 defense (only 12 teams). so pretty much #12 out of 24 starters league-wide - average

their other rankings:

hicks #5 3-4 DE (12 teams)
mack #4 4-3 DE (20 teams)
trubisky #28 QB (ahead of mahomes and mccarron)
howard #10 RB (list of 30)
robinson #26 WR (list of 30)
long #10 guard (list of 20)
fuller #11 CB (list of 30)
amos #18 safety (list of 30)
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,236

Post#206 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:05 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:
Susan wrote:Mack, Roquan and pretty much the entire offense not playing at all in the pre-season hurt us in this game.

Mitch did not look remotely ready to be a high NFL caliber passer .He truly is a real project as he was missing players and sailing quite a few balls . We settled for a td because he missed ARob on that second possession .

For a guy that was talked about for his accuracy coming out of college, he overthrows and under throws guys a lot.

That short pass to Cohen was very badly over thrown. It would have likely netted a first down.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#207 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:07 am

This is why it was always important to get the offense more reps in the pre-season. I understand not playing the defense over all due to injury concerns (and that's where we had most of our injuries the last few years), but it certainly could have helped some throwing Mitch and the offense out there during 2 minute drills.

Oh well. Coming home next game, so you have to hope that they can get a win and wash off the stench of this awful loss. What sucks is they have to now sit on this loss till next Monday night.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#208 » by fleet » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:18 am

Mahomes had 4 touchdowns and 250 yards today. Just sayin

If Pace made the wrong choice, God rest his soul.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#209 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:22 am

fleet wrote:Mahomes had 4 touchdowns and 250 yards today. Just sayin

Yup. And maybe we can argue till we are blue in the face but Andy Reid had him out there in the preseason getting in reps.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,320

Post#210 » by wco81 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:22 am

Though Hill took one in cut and ran across too fast for the safety and took it to the house.

But Andy Reid play designs just keep opening up those explosive plays.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#211 » by fleet » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:23 am

RedBulls23 wrote:

For a guy that was talked about for his accuracy coming out of college, he overthrows and under throws guys a lot.

That short pass to Cohen was very badly over thrown. It would have likely netted a first down.

That overthrow to an open Robinson in the end zone was about as bad as it gets
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#212 » by Susan » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:32 am

If Pace made the wrong choice, God rest his soul.

He also has the most explosive WR in football along with a dominant, established TE to play with. But Mahomes' arm with Hill's speed is something else.

Watson didn't look all-world today. Jimmy G didn't look all world today (3 picks, one being a pick 6).

Nagy/Mitch looked fantastic in the 1st. Nagy's play-calling in the playoffs vs Tennessee was a big issue and it reared its ugly head today as well. I think that this is something he'll be able to figure out as he grows but it's concerning.

I think that Mitch showed more poise in the second to last drive than he did in the last drive and IMO it felt like there was more pressure in that moment. Nagy/Mitch need to hit Cohen on that 3rd & 1 if they're going to call that play.

Today felt like a team without a full idea of what they are and they allowed Rodgers to take the wheel in the second half.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#213 » by Axxo » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:33 am

Really? You guys bailing after totally destroying those of us who wanted Watson and fried Pace for trading up? Its too late for this. Mitch is the QB. 13 college games and all. Thats it.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#214 » by fleet » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:35 am

RedBulls23 wrote:

Yup. And maybe we can argue till we are blue in the face but Andy Reid had him out there in the preseason getting in reps.

If Nagy was seeing in practice what we just saw, it was a pure coaching mistake. Easily could have cost game 1. That offense was not 100% ready let alone Trubisky.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#215 » by fleet » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:38 am

Axxo wrote:Really? You guys bailing after totally destroying those of us who wanted Watson and fried Pace for trading up? Its too late for this. Mitch is the QB. 13 college games and all. Thats it.

The problem would not be trading up. The problem would be choosing wrong. Pace was right to act on his conviction.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#216 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:43 am

fleet wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:

That overthrow to an open Robinson in the end zone was about as bad as it gets

Got to hope Nagy is a QB whisperer. Mitch looks fine when he's not in pressure,but the moment the pressure comes he can't handle it and everything goes to ****.

His mechanics under pressure need much improvement.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#217 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:45 am

Axxo wrote:Really? You guys bailing after totally destroying those of us who wanted Watson and fried Pace for trading up? Its too late for this. Mitch is the QB. 13 college games and all. Thats it.

Where am I bailing? Please provide link where I said I give up on him.

I can provide criticism on his faults without bailing on him. Btw, I also wanted Watson over him before the draft.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#218 » by Axxo » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:55 am

RedBulls23 wrote:

Where am I bailing? Please provide link where I said I give up on him.

I can provide criticism on his faults without bailing on him. Btw, I also wanted Watson over him before the draft.

If you were in the Watson class then my response doesn't include you.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#219 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:06 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19

This is quite rich if true. Wow
Axxo
Analyst

Post#220 » by Axxo » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:11 am

Packers are the ones with everything to lose in my mind. Rodgers is injured and they play Minn next weekend. No one picked us to win this game. Packers dont want to see us again.

Return to Chicago Bears