ImageImageImageImage

Season Preview

Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Season Preview 

Post#1 » by Icness » Mon Jul 7, 2008 5:27 pm

http://football.realgm.com/src_teamarticle/365/20080703/2008_season_preview_cleveland_browns/

From the piece:
Bellwether Games: Cleveland plays just two games all season outside their division against sub-.500 teams from 2007 (DEN and @BUF), so taking care of business inside the AFC North is critical. Week 2-4 all feature division rivals, starting at home against the Steelers, then on the road at BAL and CIN. If the Browns are going to achieve their lofty goals, they need to win at least 2 of those 3 games. Win all 3, and they basically seize the division; drop more than one, and they’ll likely need help to make the playoffs.

Prediction: The Browns are clearly improved, but the non-divisional schedule is brutal, and this team still has some questions. So long as all the key parts stay relatively healthy, put the Browns down for 6-4 out of division and 4-2 in the weakened AFC North. That would be a 10-6 finish and an AFC North division title. This team is going to need a lot of luck and great execution to win a playoff game from IND, NE, SD, or JAX, but the potential to make the AFC title game is certainly there.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Re: Season Preview 

Post#2 » by Gordon Bombay » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:34 am

great job ice...cant wait for this season
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,284

Post#3 » by celticfan42487 » Thu Aug 7, 2008 8:24 am

GO BROWNS!!!

(and specifically Jamal Lewis. I hope he runs for 300 yards against the Ravens!)
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#4 » by Icness » Fri Aug 8, 2008 1:15 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:GO BROWNS!!!

(and specifically Jamal Lewis. I hope he runs for 300 yards against the Ravens!)

Lewis has been the hit of camp. He's lost about 8 pounds but has dramatically lowered his body fat %. He's got that lateral wiggle back and better than ever.

One guy who has really emerged since I wrote this is CFA T James Lee. He ran with the 1st team for a few series and flat-out dominated Kamerion Wimbley. The coaches love him and he's a good bet to stick.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,284

Post#5 » by celticfan42487 » Sat Aug 9, 2008 8:10 pm

I like the idea of a breakout Tackle and Jamal coming back with fire.

I didn't pay much attention though I guess because I missed those plays. I just got NFL network so I'll be watching the Brown's preseason games, mostly to see who wins out the starting QB job. I'm suprised after last season Brady has a realistic shot.. Anderson put up amazing stats.

I might soon have to start sporting a Browns sig. Just can't decide whom among all the star power.
Cevap
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#6 » by Cevap » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:55 am

Anderson should stay as starter. Leave Brady on the bench, if Derek improves well enough over this season trade Brady. just my two cents
Elway=GOAT
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#7 » by Elway=GOAT » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:16 am

Cevap wrote:Anderson should stay as starter. Leave Brady on the bench, if Derek improves well enough over this season trade Brady. just my two cents

I do not think Quinn is going anywhere. I think they would be fools to trade him. I think he has more potential, than Derek Andersonm you could get a couple nice picks for Anderson to help put more talent around Quinn. Especially if they miss out of the playoffs this year, you deal Anderson and go with Quinn imo.
ChronicKerr
Lead Assistant
And1: 59

Post#8 » by ChronicKerr » Sat Sep 6, 2008 3:24 pm

What's the severity of Jamal Lewis's injury? He's listed as questionable for week 1. I thought he came in looking great in the preseason. Any chance he doesn't play week 1?

Return to Cleveland Browns