Broncos/Raiders - MNF

Moderator: NyCeEvO

MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Broncos/Raiders - MNF 

Post#1 » by MHZ » Fri Sep 5, 2008 8:01 pm

This is a big year for Cutler. No Brandon Marshall.
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Re: Broncos/Raiders - MNF 

Post#2 » by HarlemHeat37 » Sat Sep 6, 2008 4:51 am

I really have no idea what to expect in this game..losing Marshall is huge, because I'm expecting the guy to be a top 5 WR in the NFL, as extreme as that sounds..if the run D holds up, I don't see how we lose this game..but then again, the run D is pretty much the key to our entire year IMO..
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#3 » by MHZ » Tue Sep 9, 2008 4:17 pm

Strong, strong effort. Cutler looked great, and enough can't be said about Eddie Royal. The Raiders are horrible, but the bottom line is that Denver narrowly wins that game last year. They won easily without arguably their best offensive player. That's a good thing. I'm very interested to see how next week goes against a better opponent.

This year is shaping up to be very interesting. The three AFC powers all took hits this week, with Indy and SD losing, and NE losing Brady.
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#4 » by HarlemHeat37 » Tue Sep 9, 2008 6:04 pm

good points..but at least we have a HUGE upgrade either way, which is our offense..

we still need to work on defense no doubt about that..but our offense is now ELITE imo, which automatically puts us in games, which is something we didn't have last year..the D didn't look great, but it's certainly improved over last year..the Raiders have good runners, and we showed a lot of glimpses of stopping the run, something we didn't last year..

I was very impressed with all the pressure that we put on the QB..I haven't seen that in years..

honestly though, I don't know how anybody is going to stop Cutler+Marshall+Royal..with Stokley and Jackson as the 3 and 4..it should also open up the running game..Hall looked good last night..just a great night..
cdel00
Head Coach
And1: 424

Post#5 » by cdel00 » Tue Sep 9, 2008 6:59 pm

That pass rush protection was very nice.

Cutler's ability to bootleg on the TD kinda looked like Flutie and his ability to protect the ball and his receivers by passing low was very veteran. Overall very impressed the kid is a gem.

Return to Denver Broncos