Moderators: ken6199, TMU

TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

McGrady Out Two Weeks 

Post#1 » by TMACFORMVP » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:57 pm

http://www.click2houston.com/sports/184 ... ail.html#-

HOUSTON -- Rockets guard Tracy McGrady will be out of action two weeks, to rest and condition his ailing knee. Sources tell Local 2 that the Rockets, and McGrady, discussed the situation Saturday night, and both sides came to the same conclusion.

The target date for his return is January 26, when the Rockets travel to New York.

Yay?
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Re: McGrady Out Two Weeks 

Post#2 » by moofs » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:01 pm

HE'S INJURED?!?!?!?
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
BaYBaller
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#3 » by BaYBaller » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:31 pm

They spelled heart wrong, it isn't spelled K-N-E-E...

I kid, I kid
DreamShook34
Lead Assistant
And1: 6

Post#4 » by DreamShook34 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:35 pm

lol if hes injured im gald hes resting.. but it seems we always get this news when we need him or there is a dificult game on the horizon... we are going to get demolished on this homestand wow.. if we win these games without artest and mcgrady i wouldnt know what to think... lakers are going to demolish us..
Storm Surge
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#5 » by Storm Surge » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:06 pm

Lakers are going to kill us so bad tomorrow.

No T-Mac, no Artest.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#6 » by Mr. E » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:22 pm

This is good. Give him time to rest up rather than this "will he or won't he?" stuff we get with each game now.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
smapor
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#7 » by smapor » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:31 pm

This may be exactly what Yao needs to toughen up.

We may not be so bad after all. In reality, Artest hasnt been on the team long enough and we are losing a core player who IMHO (hasn't really produce like we want and with his injury, he wasn't exactly moving on defense)

The key in this stretch is

-Yao taking lead (not just scoring, but leadership aspect (lol we can all pray he finally develops that streak some folks see him do back in China))
-Wafer, Landry and AB continue to develop and score well.
-Battier returns back to form (doesn't get injured again)
-See some productive minutes from Chuck and Deke
-Rockets play Hard on both ends of the court
-Scola stepping up and making them damn layups

I think we can pull this out.

With the Lakers, we just folded by 3rd quarter, hopefully this time around it won't happen.
moofs
General Manager
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#8 » by moofs » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:49 pm

smapor wrote:-Scola stepping up and making them damn layups

How long does the man have to shoot 51% from the field with 57% in the paint for everyone to stop complaining about this? Hell Dwight Howard only shoots 62% in the paint.

He needs to stop not being perfect, that's the problem.
Morey 2020.

smapor
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by smapor » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:15 pm

moofs wrote:
smapor wrote:-Scola stepping up and making them damn layups

How long does the man have to shoot 51% from the field with 57% in the paint for everyone to stop complaining about this? Hell Dwight Howard only shoots 62% in the paint.

He needs to stop not being perfect, that's the problem.

Because he could be shooting 62% if he stopped missing those easy layups and he averages at least 1-2 missed layups a game. We are talking about layups that should of been made if he had some hops.

Whats the problem stating we need him to score more essentially to help with the fact T-mac and Artest is out.
moofs
General Manager

Post#10 » by moofs » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:40 pm

My point is that if the man magically brought about world peace and complete economic prosperity, there'd still be complaints about his environmental record and the imminent alien invasions. At some point you have to say "he's doing damn good, especially for $3m/yr, and I'm really just nitpicking". Also are you sure he misses 1-2 a game or do you just dwell on the ones he misses so much that it seems like it? A game log would be awesome for this :-)

Basically, Scola and Battier are about the only guys on the team who really shouldn't be knocked, though Battier did unfortunately open himself up to it by trying to rush back. They both have the cleanest jerseys.
Morey 2020.

ShaY
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by ShaY » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:12 pm

Very good decision , this time let him come back only when he is fully able to play all the games.

He will miss just 6 games if indeed he comes back on January 26.

Artest too , let him rest until he is fully ready , what we have been doing so far is not working.
“He didn’t miss?” , “That’s fantastic. That’s tremendous. I wish I could have a day like that. I dream of the day I could go 12-for-12.”-Rafer Alston
wadero
Pro Prospect

Post#12 » by wadero » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:49 pm

Is it just me or can anyone remeber when he has played a whole freaking season? I mean right around christmas his back hurts, and know his knee can we get a medical exception or somthing???
Listen to the lunatic inside you
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
-- Robin Williams (1952- ), American actor and comedian
grond
Senior

Post#13 » by grond » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:01 pm

smapor wrote:We are talking about layups that should of been made if he had some hops.

That he doesn't have hops is a given. And he ain't gonna suddenly get new hops in his late 20's. Therefore, complaining about this is an exercise in futility. If we need him to score more, Adelman will/should actually call more plays for him. Right now he gets most of his points within the flow. Without T-Mac or Artest he might have his # called more often, especially when Yao is sitting.

Like moofs said, he's pretty damn decent, especially factoring in price, and he's always trying his hardest too.

Re: our pf's, one thing I'd like to see is Landry stop going up in traffic and getting rejected after he grabs offensive rebounds. Just throw it back out already.
Iggyemu
RealGM

Post#14 » by Iggyemu » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:42 pm

More let down especially on this home stand. I just hope Artest can play all of these games at home. This is home stand but a tough one.

As far as McGrady...if he doesn't come back ready to go in two weeks I think he'll be traded at the deadline.
"One Ring makes a Champion......Six Rings make a Legend" - Michael Jeffrey Jordan
moofs
General Manager

Post#15 » by moofs » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:59 pm

grond wrote:Re: our pf's, one thing I'd like to see is Landry stop going up in traffic and getting rejected after he grabs offensive rebounds. Just throw it back out already.

Yup, that's generally a bonehead play, though he does impressively get some of them. When he first started playing, he got quite a few, decided he could do it all the time, and has yet to adjust to teams learning that they should expect it. It's also why I didn't list him in my "no complaints" list :)

Iggyemu wrote:More let down especially on this home stand. I just hope Artest can play all of these games at home. This is home stand but a tough one.

As far as McGrady...if he doesn't come back ready to go in two weeks I think he'll be traded at the deadline.

Iggyemu wrote:This season, 2007, McGrady will ask out, and get out.

Predict it long enough and sooner or later it will inevitably happen! ;)
Morey 2020.

smapor
Sixth Man

Post#16 » by smapor » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:01 pm

grond wrote:
smapor wrote:We are talking about layups that should of been made if he had some hops.

That he doesn't have hops is a given. And he ain't gonna suddenly get new hops in his late 20's. Therefore, complaining about this is an exercise in futility. If we need him to score more, Adelman will/should actually call more plays for him. Right now he gets most of his points within the flow. Without T-Mac or Artest he might have his # called more often, especially when Yao is sitting.

Like moofs said, he's pretty damn decent, especially factoring in price, and he's always trying his hardest too.

Re: our pf's, one thing I'd like to see is Landry stop going up in traffic and getting rejected after he grabs offensive rebounds. Just throw it back out already.

You 2 need to re-read my post, i did not whine or complain about it. I said the key items during this stretch are the following. I didn't go off a tangent to say OMFG Scola needs to make every layup no matter what or he sucks big balls, nor did I say he should attempt to drive to his left or right. I simply said the key to this stretch is........

Scola making those layups (well no duh if you want to score). If I was going to complain, I would of said crap like "Landry should start" "Scola defense is average" "Scola can't block shots". But I didn't say any of it, because I am not complaining or whining. I seen enough of him missing layups that I said he needs to make it.

The thing I said are pretty much what the Rockets need in the next stretch without T-mac to get past the next few games, where we play a few playoff picture teams.

Where taking posts out of concept happens................
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#17 » by TMU » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:29 pm

smapor wrote:
grond wrote:

You 2 need to re-read my post, i did not whine or complain about it. I said the key items during this stretch are the following. I didn't go off a tangent to say OMFG Scola needs to make every layup no matter what or he sucks big balls, nor did I say he should attempt to drive to his left or right. I simply said the key to this stretch is........

Scola making those layups (well no duh if you want to score). If I was going to complain, I would of said crap like "Landry should start" "Scola defense is average" "Scola can't block shots". But I didn't say any of it, because I am not complaining or whining. I seen enough of him missing layups that I said he needs to make it.

The thing I said are pretty much what the Rockets need in the next stretch without T-mac to get past the next few games, where we play a few playoff picture teams.

Where taking posts out of concept happens................

Moofs and grond did all the explanations, but let me address this again, more than half of Scola's attempts come from the inside and he has a eFG of nearly 60%.

So my question is why is it a key when the guy has been pretty consistent? I don't see a reason for you to be upset because you've clearly made a mistake of indicating that Scola's positive element into a negative one. When you use a phrase such as "damn layups" and say that he should could be shooting 62% give us the impression that you're not satisfied with his efforts.
Iggyemu
RealGM

Post#18 » by Iggyemu » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:34 pm

moofs wrote:
Iggyemu wrote:More let down especially on this home stand. I just hope Artest can play all of these games at home. This is home stand but a tough one.

Iggyemu wrote:This season, 2007, McGrady will ask out, and get out.

Predict it long enough and sooner or later it will inevitably happen! ;)

Its a little different this time around. I don't think McGrady wants to be traded. I think the organization wants to trade him. I think this is his last chance..if he can't come back healthy and ready to go...I think he'll be traded if they can find a trade partner. Thats gonna be tough but someone will take him if we take a bad contract. It comes down to how much this team wants to get rid of him and I think after this two week last chance period....we'll know.
"One Ring makes a Champion......Six Rings make a Legend" - Michael Jeffrey Jordan
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#19 » by TMU » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:39 pm

I don't know who proposed sitting out in back-to-back games, but obviously it didn't work because it led to this (assuming that he's not on the hot seat). He probably should have sat out longer than the 3 weeks he had initially.
ShaY
Sixth Man

Post#20 » by ShaY » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:50 pm

T-Mac United wrote:I don't know who proposed sitting out in back-to-back games, but obviously it didn't work because it led to this (assuming that he's not on the hot seat). He probably should have sat out longer than the 3 weeks he had initially.

Ytue , and he even came back after only one week and a half , the problem was that he himself determined when to sit and when to come back.

Now finally the team tells him to sit , until you are ready to play all the games sit , they need to do that with Artest and Battier too , no limit minutes and all that kind of bs , play them only when they are fully ready.

This cahinging lineup every game just can't work.
“He didn’t miss?” , “That’s fantastic. That’s tremendous. I wish I could have a day like that. I dream of the day I could go 12-for-12.”-Rafer Alston

Return to Houston Rockets