Re: McGrady Out Two Weeks 

Post#21 » by Guy986 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:05 pm

Good. Let the man rest.
CuttingEdge
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#22 » by CuttingEdge » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:51 pm

I hope Yao doesn't have another stress fracture of some sort by February, that would be tragic. The thing is Yao is 325lbs (true weight not the listed) and Shaq is 365lbs (again). Shaqs played at around 350lbs his entire young career before 2003 and has the ability to maintain. I think it's nutrition such as the proper calcium intake and etc that Yao doesn't get enough of on a daily basis.
T-Wack
Banned User

Post#23 » by T-Wack » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:57 pm

Edited due to graphic sexual content...
TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#24 » by TMACFORMVP » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:58 pm

I'd like to believe this will help him regain his form, and come back strong, being able to play the rest of the season, but I honestly doubt this does anything for his knee. Maybe help, but there's more inside his head that's going on rather than his knee. When he's aggressive and looking to score, he's the same player he was last season.
CuttingEdge
Banned User

Post#25 » by CuttingEdge » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:04 am

Tracy might be a little less resilent with his pain receptors but that ain't his fault. People are wire with different sensitivities. Guys to be honest I was a Rocket fan until after the 2 championships and when Barkley retired a Rocket so did I. It wasn't until Tracy McGrady arrived on the scene that I came back to the Rox and you're going to find it very hard pressed to find anybody with his ability injured or not, the playmaking and etc is hard to come by for a guy that is 6'8" but dimensionally a 7fter. I think the Rox will ride it out for awhile with Tracy.
fisterkev
Senior

Post#26 » by fisterkev » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:47 am

Hopefully Iggy is right and this is a "last chance" deal. I'd rather trade him than keep him considering his performance this season.

He can use the next two weeks to "rest" and "heal his injury", ie, get his damn head straight. And if he can't, then get rid of him. He's a liability now.
BaYBaller
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#27 » by BaYBaller » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:53 am

Iggyemu wrote:
moofs wrote:
Iggyemu wrote:More let down especially on this home stand. I just hope Artest can play all of these games at home. This is home stand but a tough one.

As far as McGrady...if he doesn't come back ready to go in two weeks I think he'll be traded at the deadline.

Iggyemu wrote:This season, 2007, McGrady will ask out, and get out.

Predict it long enough and sooner or later it will inevitably happen! ;)

Its a little different this time around. I don't think McGrady wants to be traded. I think the organization wants to trade him. I think this is his last chance..if he can't come back healthy and ready to go...I think he'll be traded if they can find a trade partner. Thats gonna be tough but someone will take him if we take a bad contract. It comes down to how much this team wants to get rid of him and I think after this two week last chance period....we'll know.

The fact of the matter is T-Mac's contract is already expiring next year as it is and would be a more valuable trade piece then even if T-Mac's legs get chopped off tomorrow (i.e. a huge expiring contract going into next year's lauded FA class). There is no magical T-Mac trade out there that will help this team this season, sorry folks (Isiah is no longer in NY sadly). I know fans here tend to think with their heart more than their brains but let's try to ground ourselves in reality just a little bit here. We're just going to have to ride this Rockets roller-coaster (much like T-Mac's emotional level) for this season before anything really happens.
smapor
Sixth Man

Post#28 » by smapor » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:19 am

T-Mac United wrote:
Moofs and grond did all the explanations, but let me address this again, more than half of Scola's attempts come from the inside and he has a eFG of nearly 60%.

So my question is why is it a key when the guy has been pretty consistent? I don't see a reason for you to be upset because you've clearly made a mistake of indicating that Scola's positive element into a negative one. When you use a phrase such as "damn layups" and say that he should could be shooting 62% give us the impression that you're not satisfied with his efforts.

Are you kidding me, you need to re-read my post. I did not clearly state i was whining or complain. I said these are things Rockets need to do. So what its my bias view that Scola misses layups, nobody on this board can't tell me he doesn't miss layups and nobody can't tell me if he had some hops, he would be a better finisher around the rim.

No he is not efg 60%, because 82games has him at 57% (my bad its 59%). You also forget to mention he is like 66% assisted on any shot in the paint.

I never said i was upset and i appreciate it, if you don't put words in my mouth. Because if you can't prove to me, Scola doesn't miss layups, i suggest we stop talking about this topic, because clearly there are plenty of times, we all seen him miss easy layups and we seen it often because of his high assisted shots in the paint.

End of topic, I don't even know how people can attempt to argue about a statement that is not "False"

PS

Lastly saying "you're not satisfied with his efforts" is a joke, you do know everybody on this board is guilty on not being satisfied with 1 player right.......
McGrady2Head
Rookie

Post#29 » by McGrady2Head » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:04 am

T-Mac is a grape, Yao is a marshmallow, and they are trying to play basketball against a bunch of rocks. It aint gonna work. T-Mac is a P*ssy, and thats really all you can say about it. Yao is a big dumb clumsy idiot. If we had a combo of vince carter and rik smits, it would be the same as the combo we have now, except smits and carter would play in more games
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#30 » by TMU » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:06 am

smapor wrote:
T-Mac United wrote:
Moofs and grond did all the explanations, but let me address this again, more than half of Scola's attempts come from the inside and he has a eFG of nearly 60%.

So my question is why is it a key when the guy has been pretty consistent? I don't see a reason for you to be upset because you've clearly made a mistake of indicating that Scola's positive element into a negative one. When you use a phrase such as "damn layups" and say that he should could be shooting 62% give us the impression that you're not satisfied with his efforts.

Are you kidding me, you need to re-read my post. I did not clearly state i was whining or complain. I said these are things Rockets need to do. So what its my bias view that Scola misses layups, nobody on this board can't tell me he doesn't miss layups and nobody can't tell me if he had some hops, he would be a better finisher around the rim.

No he is not efg 60%, because 82games has him at 57% (my bad its 59%). You also forget to mention he is like 66% assisted on any shot in the paint.

I never said i was upset and i appreciate it, if you don't put words in my mouth. Because if you can't prove to me, Scola doesn't miss layups, i suggest we stop talking about this topic, because clearly there are plenty of times, we all seen him miss easy layups and we seen it often because of his high assisted shots in the paint.

End of topic, I don't even know how people can attempt to argue about a statement that is not "False"

PS

Lastly saying "you're not satisfied with his efforts" is a joke, you do know everybody on this board is guilty on not being satisfied with 1 player right.......

First of all, I'm not trying to have an e-fight you, so calm down. I simply pointed out that when you use a phrase such as "damn layups" and say that he should could be shooting 62%, it give us the impression that you're not satisfied with his efforts.

In regard to Scola's eFG%, I said NEARLY 60% from the inside which is true. Well okay, technically it's 59%, big difference. http://www.82games.com/0809/08HOU10.HTM
To give you some perspective about that number, Yao also has a 60% eFG% from the inside. Duncan has a 64% eFG% from the inside, and both Dwight and Gasol have 62%.

When you consider that Scola is a role player and then look at where he racks up against some of these elite big men, I'd say 60% is pretty good. I mean everyone misses layups here and there. Hence, I don't see a reason why 'Scola's not missing damn layups' is a key to winning games and have simply argued against that. Like moofs and grond, I was also confused when I saw this on your list. I think most people here will agree that Scola's missed layups do not have a significant effect on losing games.

Finally, I would like to know why you brought up the fact that 66% of Scola's inside shots are assisted (which is actually 64%). Well in that case, 58% of Yao's inside shots are assisted, 64% of Duncan's inside shots are assisted. I feel those numbers have very little to no meaning.
Amel
Banned User

Post#31 » by Amel » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:59 am

Storm Surge wrote:Lakers are going to kill us so bad tomorrow.

No T-Mac, no Artest.

have faith
langer
Senior
And1: 91

Post#32 » by langer » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:20 am

Yao is gonna drop 15+ turnovers, and Kobe is gonna drop 20 pt, 10 rebounds, 10 assists, 10 steals.
Joke~~~~

Scola needs a big game for us to win this one. AB need to score 30+ points to against a old, slow and DRY fisher. No matter how, we are gonna win or lose like "A TEAM".

Yao is never gonna be a person who can lead a NBA team. It is not his fault, just like u won't see a Chinese guy is sitting on American companies CEO chairs.
SilverProphet
Sophomore

Post#33 » by SilverProphet » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:46 am

No Chinese guys sitting as CEO of American companies? What about Jerry Yang. He is CEO of Yahoo. Luo Pai, he was CEO of Enron Energy. There are many many Chinese-American entrepreneurs you just do not know.
Second of all, Yao can lead the team just fine. He is pretty much doing it right now with T-mac sitting out every other game.
Teckon
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#34 » by Teckon » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:55 am

Richard Justice wrote an article: Rockets send message to McGrady
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/spo ... 07762.html

"If you read between all the nice words, the Rockets sent a tough message to Tracy McGrady on Monday.

To summarize:

1. Get in better shape.

2. Learn to deal with the pain in your left knee.

3. Don’t come back until you do."

Seem Rockets management is getting fred-up if Justice has any creditable insider information.
HTown_TMac
General Manager
And1: 222

Post#35 » by HTown_TMac » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:37 pm

Teckon wrote:Richard Justice wrote an article: Rockets send message to McGrady
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/spo ... 07762.html

"If you read between all the nice words, the Rockets sent a tough message to Tracy McGrady on Monday.

To summarize:

1. Get in better shape.

2. Learn to deal with the pain in your left knee.

3. Don’t come back until you do."

Seem Rockets management is getting fred-up if Justice has any creditable insider information.

I think they are just tired of not knowing when he is not gonna play.
www.atrilli.net <- music blog
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,921

Post#36 » by tsherkin » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:50 pm

CuttingEdge wrote:I hope Yao doesn't have another stress fracture of some sort by February, that would be tragic. The thing is Yao is 325lbs (true weight not the listed) and Shaq is 365lbs (again). Shaqs played at around 350lbs his entire young career before 2003 and has the ability to maintain. I think it's nutrition such as the proper calcium intake and etc that Yao doesn't get enough of on a daily basis.

No, no he isn't. Shaq's around 325, 330 right now, he's most definitely not 365. He played between 295 and 315 in Orlando and then yes, he ballooned pretty hard around 2000, 2001 and thereafter, but mostly since his time in Miami, he's been in the 320-340 range. He's definitely not anywhere near 365.

As far as McGrady is concerned... good. Let him rest, let his knee improve, let him just concentrate on rehab. It's painfully obvious (pardon the pun) that he wasn't 100% when he came back, no matter what he and his doctor were saying at the time. Some of his problem is certainly attributable to his questionable drive and approach to the game, as well as to his questionable conditioning habits (which have been a problem since his time in T.O.) but if he's got a balky knee, he's not getting to the rim, period, and his jumper is going to be off in a big way... both of which have been the case.

So here's to 2 weeks of R+R and the hope that he comes back and at least manages to make a respectable showing of himself for whatever portion of the season he will play upon his return.
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#37 » by moofs » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:53 pm

smapor wrote:You 2 need to re-read my post, i did not whine or complain about it. I said the key items during this stretch are the following. I didn't go off a tangent to say OMFG Scola needs to make every layup no matter what or he sucks big balls, nor did I say he should attempt to drive to his left or right. I simply said the key to this stretch is........

Scola making those layups (well no duh if you want to score). If I was going to complain, I would of said crap like "Landry should start" "Scola defense is average" "Scola can't block shots". But I didn't say any of it, because I am not complaining or whining. I seen enough of him missing layups that I said he needs to make it.

The thing I said are pretty much what the Rockets need in the next stretch without T-mac to get past the next few games, where we play a few playoff picture teams.

Where taking posts out of concept happens................

Like TMU said,

If you didn't intend it in a complaining way, just consider it practice in context and implied meanings. We weren't trying to put words in your mouth, but those meanings were still there to be read. When my posts seem all longwinded and blablabla, it's partly because I'm trying to cut out ways that they could be misinterpreted and allow for all cases/scenarios (..and partly because I'm just a windbag), ...not that it usually works.

All the same, I have a big problem with complaints about Scola (not stating that you were) for the reasons grond, TMU, and I all listed - not that any number of complaints would get him traded since Morey knows better, just that, to quoth John Cleese, it's like setting fire to Julie Andrews. Sure you can do it, but seriously, why?

McGrady2Head wrote:T-Mac is a grape, Yao is a marshmallow, and they are trying to play basketball against a bunch of rocks.

:lol:

T-Mac United wrote:With summer '10 in mind, I refuse to believe that Morey will make any trade that will put us in disadvantage of getting a star player that off-season.

I'm not sure... there's going to be high demand in '10, with media hype producing even more pressure to do something, there's TONS of free capital, a lower cap/tax threshold, so high prices with lower budgets, which means the prices are even more inflated, and thus will have greater impact against rosters... Morey might just stay clear. If he looks like he can jump in, it helps drive prices higher, other teams have less money free the year after, prices are lower in '09 and '11, other teams are more handicapped, Les probably banks for a year freeing him up to spend more afterward, and eventually, we're in better shape with less. I can see summer '10 handicapping a lot of teams financially for a lot of years.
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
smapor
Sixth Man

Post#38 » by smapor » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:41 pm

T-Mac United wrote:First of all, I'm not trying to have an e-fight you, so calm down. I simply pointed out that when you use a phrase such as "damn layups" and say that he should could be shooting 62%, it give us the impression that you're not satisfied with his efforts.

In regard to Scola's eFG%, I said NEARLY 60% from the inside which is true. Well okay, technically it's 59%, big difference. http://www.82games.com/0809/08HOU10.HTM
To give you some perspective about that number, Yao also has a 60% eFG% from the inside. Duncan has a 64% eFG% from the inside, and both Dwight and Gasol have 62%.

When you consider that Scola is a role player and then look at where he racks up against some of these elite big men, I'd say 60% is pretty good. I mean everyone misses layups here and there. Hence, I don't see a reason why 'Scola's not missing damn layups' is a key to winning games and have simply argued against that. Like moofs and grond, I was also confused when I saw this on your list. I think most people here will agree that Scola's missed layups do not have a significant effect on losing games.

Finally, I would like to know why you brought up the fact that 66% of Scola's inside shots are assisted (which is actually 64%). Well in that case, 58% of Yao's inside shots are assisted, 64% of Duncan's inside shots are assisted. I feel those numbers have very little to no meaning.

Calm down. lol.

I made one simple statement saying the Rockets need to the following things to make it through this stretch with out T-mac

I listed several items. The only one that was pointed out was me saying Scola needs to step up and make those damn layups.

I said it becaue he does miss layups, no it may not contribute to a loss, however in my context if we lost by 1 point and Scola missed 2 layups, ya he better make them.

But whatever I am done defending my statement, you can all take it out of context and think what you want to think. Like I said I am done.

So apologize if I do not answer the rest of your post.
Don Draper
General Manager
And1: 506

Post#39 » by Don Draper » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:30 pm

I'm not even worried about T-Mac anymore and I think the team isn't either. If he wants to play fine, if not its okay because everyone knows by now you can't depend on him.
soda wrote:I will never, ever, ever vote for a socialist. I'd vote for a member of the KKK first. I'd vote for Hitler first, because the Nazis have less blood on their hands

This is the state of modern day political discourse.
grond
Senior

Post#40 » by grond » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:29 pm

Smapor, fine. You weren't complaining. Let's try this again then.

smapor wrote:Because he could be shooting 62% if he stopped missing those easy layups and he averages at least 1-2 missed layups a game. We are talking about layups that should of been made if he had some hops.

Ok, so you were 'expecting' or 'hoping' that Scola can, in the future, make these layups that he misses because he has no hops.

However,

grond wrote:That he doesn't have hops is a given. And he ain't gonna suddenly get new hops in his late 20's. Therefore, expecting him to get new hops and start making the layups he misses because he has no hops is an exercise in futility.

Also, I too, would like to see him score a little more (wouldn't we all). To which I commented,

grond wrote:If we need him to score more, Adelman will/should actually call more plays for him. Right now he gets most of his points within the flow. Without T-Mac or Artest he might have his # called more often, especially when Yao is sitting.

Return to Houston Rockets