ImageImage

Yao Officially OUT for the Playoffs!

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

barnsleyman123
Junior
And1: 0

Re: Yao Officially OUT for the Playoffs! 

Post#41 » by barnsleyman123 » Sun May 10, 2009 3:34 am

You know what I could deal with the loss of McGrady, even Mutumbo, but this? WTF! I am so uncertain about the Rocket's future now. Will Ron want to resign knowing we have an injury-prone center? Will the Rockets even resign Yao knowing this? You think that this crap still woudn't be happening after 3 straight seasons of constant injuries. I wouldn't even mind losing to the Lakers but I do mind not fulfilling our potential as usual.

P.S. Is Yao gonna be ready for the start of next season?
sweet_jesus
Bench Warmer
And1: 148

Post#42 » by sweet_jesus » Sun May 10, 2009 4:07 am

A full time backup Center and no more summers on the China National team could have prevented this.

But I doubt it.

Something is wrong here and I'm blaming Tracey.
TXSun
Sixth Man

Post#43 » by TXSun » Sun May 10, 2009 4:17 am

yet another tough break for HOU. the bball Gods must hate you guys.
"This is some bull $hit"
Benjammin
Lead Assistant
And1: 382

Post#44 » by Benjammin » Sun May 10, 2009 4:42 am

From a Wizards fan, I'm sorry about Yao. I was hoping you would give the Lakers a tough series and ultimately beat them. It seems like Yao's injuries are becoming chronic which is a shame since he is such a classy guy who plays the game right way. I hope he has a full and complete recovery with a long career, but unfortunately I don't think this is going to end well.
LA Warrior
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#45 » by LA Warrior » Sun May 10, 2009 4:45 am

sweet_jesus wrote:A full time backup Center and no more summers on the China National team could have prevented this.

But I doubt it.

Agreed, Its Tracys fault.
Greatest comment I've ever received.
Phil Jackson wrote:I've never really had a favorite poster but this guy might be it. The symbolism he uses is deep and ****.
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#46 » by moofs » Sun May 10, 2009 5:00 am

I fall asleep for the fourth quarter. Halfway wake up to where I kinda think I heard something about us losing. Then get a text saying this tonight.

Eh. I've said for years that until we can finally not be built around Yao we won't win anything. If you can get past hoping about strictly basketball, you still have to deal with health. Prior to this I did not agree that he had "foot problems" due to the freakish, but not RS-related nature of his injuries. Not so now.
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
makegreatpets
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#47 » by makegreatpets » Sun May 10, 2009 5:08 am

Fire Keith Jones!
Mike12345
Junior

Post#48 » by Mike12345 » Sun May 10, 2009 5:12 am

What ppl need to understand is this will only get worse with Yao, his legs cannot support his body for a full season and playoffs. I think darryl morey is a great GM but please its been too many years of watching our players and praying everytime one of them falls down. We now have one of the deepest teams in the NBA, all we need is a leader whos going to be healthy.

I dont think getting a back up center will save the day, The big 3 and only one survived, the one that is tough and doesnt get injured. I like Yao and Mcgrady but enough is enough, Mcgrady is having some insane surgery even if he comes back he will never be the same. With Yao it is too depressing that any day he can wake up and be out for the season.

As a Rocket fan from Toronto this situation will probably turn out like Vince Carter where we didnt want to get rid of him because he put seats in the building and then when we finally had to we got absolutely nothing for him. Trade Yao while he still has some value (I know Carter bounced back but hes still soft and not aplayer u want to build around).

Mcgrady has no trade value so i dont know what to do with him.

Final comment to those saying get the ball to Yao or Yao should demand the ball, hes too slow and cannot fight the front or get to the open spot. Adelman does not want us to waste 14 seconds off the shot clock looking for Yao and killing our offense if he cant get infront of his man then we will run pick and roll or alllow someone else to create. Has nothing to do with Yao demanding the ball or ppl not looking for him, the whole team knows option 1 goto Yao
Mike12345
Junior

Post#49 » by Mike12345 » Sun May 10, 2009 5:18 am

TXSun wrote:yet another tough break for HOU. the bball Gods must hate you guys.

Its not the basketball gods we rely on two many injury prone players to lead the team simple as that. I love Gerald Wallace but i would never rely on him to be a focal point of a team he gets injured all the time.
T-Wack
Banned User

Post#50 » by T-Wack » Sun May 10, 2009 5:33 am

I can't say I'm surprised at all. He pushed his luck far too many times with the nonstop basketball every year. The 82 game season of the NBA and the Chinese National team were too much for his big body to handle. Regardless of how he rehabs, Houston needs to dump him ASAP.
Roxflynorth
Bench Warmer
And1: 2

Post#51 » by Roxflynorth » Sun May 10, 2009 5:41 am

Injury happens especially you play such a long season + playoff. Those who can sustain doesn't mean they can withstand after the age 33 or so. Think about it, age 30s for a man is the golden period should be at peak and NBA players deteriorate so fast that at their golden age they have been over the hill. It's time for the league to think about playing less game during the season otherwise NBA players can barely walks after their careers.

Trading Yao isn't an options for us. First of all, we never get a fair value if we trade him right now. Second, Yao never demands a max contract, if he re-sign for a smaller contract I think we should keep him as long as we can. Third, this guy has heart, and he brings positive value to the team, psychologically and financially. Looks like we are going to lose this series but at least we made it to the second round and put up a tough fight, we are the underdog from the start to the end, aren't we? Nobody expects us to win. We made the first step out to the second round, let's re-group and with a healthy Tracy or another scoring options, we could take anyone down next year. We have waited 12 years to get out of the first round, why can't we wait another year to see what we can do? I put my faith in this team and I believe Houston will eventually be a champs in couples of years.
88' Draft Pick
Junior
And1: 50

Post#52 » by 88' Draft Pick » Sun May 10, 2009 5:50 am

sorry to hear this guys. I wanted to see both teams battle at full strength. This series aint over yet though. This news is just the type of thing that the Lakers might get too overconfident about in game 4. We will see what happens.
Free Soda Always
LA Warrior
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#53 » by LA Warrior » Sun May 10, 2009 8:00 am

Roxflynorth wrote:Injury happens especially you play such a long season + playoff. Those who can sustain doesn't mean they can withstand after the age 33 or so. Think about it, age 30s for a man is the golden period should be at peak and NBA players deteriorate so fast that at their golden age they have been over the hill. It's time for the league to think about playing less game during the season otherwise NBA players can barely walks after their careers.

Trading Yao isn't an options for us. First of all, we never get a fair value if we trade him right now. Second, Yao never demands a max contract, if he re-sign for a smaller contract I think we should keep him as long as we can. Third, this guy has heart, and he brings positive value to the team, psychologically and financially. Looks like we are going to lose this series but at least we made it to the second round and put up a tough fight, we are the underdog from the start to the end, aren't we? Nobody expects us to win. We made the first step out to the second round, let's re-group and with a healthy Tracy or another scoring options, we could take anyone down next year. We have waited 12 years to get out of the first round, why can't we wait another year to see what we can do? I put my faith in this team and I believe Houston will eventually be a champs in couples of years.

this will cut revenue. Never going to happen unless its Over fist-full of money Sterns dead body...
Greatest comment I've ever received.
Phil Jackson wrote:I've never really had a favorite poster but this guy might be it. The symbolism he uses is deep and ****.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#54 » by TMU » Sun May 10, 2009 8:29 am

Vator wrote:Our biggest rivalry over the past 5 years hasn't been the Jazz or the Mavs or even the Lakers...it has been injuries and I must say without a shadow of a doubt that injuries has kicked our collective asses over and over again. This bastard is relentless and heartless.

Quoted for undeniable truth.
Once Yao's contract is up, we might have to move on to a different direction.
YaoZaii
Pro Prospect

Post#55 » by YaoZaii » Sun May 10, 2009 11:04 am

T-Mac United wrote:
Vator wrote:Our biggest rivalry over the past 5 years hasn't been the Jazz or the Mavs or even the Lakers...it has been injuries and I must say without a shadow of a doubt that injuries has kicked our collective asses over and over again. This bastard is relentless and heartless.

Quoted for undeniable truth.
Once Yao's contract is up, we might have to move on to a different direction.

i don't think that is likely. Yao remains the most marketable player in Asia. Les Alexander ain't gonna let his bank walk out. Furthermore, the handling of Yao is going to be global news. If not handled well, it could well very incur the rockets hate of a lot of people. From what i have seen, Houston has done well in screwing their players. Yao has been a model player and he has the team interest at heart - deal badly with him and nobody good may want to play for Houston for awhile.

i believe ultimately Yao will stay in Houston - probably earning about 10 million a year but on a longer term security. Once we rid ourselves of McGrady's blackhole contract, we should be able spread our salary evenly. I believe Yao understands that.
smapor
Sixth Man

Post#56 » by smapor » Sun May 10, 2009 12:34 pm

edit: the language filter is your friend had this long post but Realgm screwed up. So I am going to keep it short

edit Rick and his minute usage 1qtr and the next 3 minutes Is (Please Use More Appropriate Word). Even Kobe or Lebron doesn't do that.
editrockets for not having a backup C to cover 50 year old deke and injury prone Yao.
edit Yao for teasing us with a 1st round win and than going down in a series that we may have a chance.

However I am not disappointed. 1st round monkey is off our back. Next year we should be stronger. If the Rockets make adjustments on Yao minutes and even give him games off, than Yao can last through the playoffs. If he doesn't with changes, than trade him.

He also needs to stop playing for the meaningless CBA team. Just retire from CBA. If he doesn't after this season, edit him, trade him. His body will not hold up, if he needs to play in 2 leagues.
aznkillabeezZz
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#57 » by aznkillabeezZz » Sun May 10, 2009 12:51 pm

Great season and great playoff run, apart from game 3.. Series isn't over. Will still enjoy the game. The rockets will still give everything they got, even without a center.
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#58 » by Sofa King » Sun May 10, 2009 1:09 pm

And this was turning out to be an epic series. Sorry to hear about Yao getting injured. I'm a Laker fan, but I want to see the Lakers play against the very best. Yao has been great so far in this series. It pains me to hear the news that Yao is out for the rest of the playoffs. Sure it gives the Lakers a better chance to finish off this series but as a fan, I don't get to see the epic battle the Rockets have with Yao in the paint.

Sorry Rocket fans. With so many injury prone players, Yao and McGrady, I know it hurts. When Bynum went down this season and the last with injuries, it sucked bad. But having two stars on your team, I could only imagine it sucking twice as much and even more with it coming in the playoffs.

I hope Yao get well. A healthy Yao is great for the NBA.
jove9
Starter
And1: 159

Post#59 » by jove9 » Sun May 10, 2009 2:48 pm

sweet_jesus wrote:A full time backup Center and no more summers on the China National team could have prevented this.

But I doubt it.

I'm blaming JVG, personally.

:D
rocketworld
Starter

Post#60 » by rocketworld » Sun May 10, 2009 4:30 pm

:(

Return to Houston Rockets