ImageImage

Yao Officially OUT for the Playoffs!

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

Kobe1986
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Yao Officially OUT for the Playoffs! 

Post#61 » by Kobe1986 » Sun May 10, 2009 4:32 pm

warned for trolling...check your PM

-V-
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#62 » by moofs » Sun May 10, 2009 4:40 pm

smapor wrote:editrockets for not having a backup C to cover 50 year old deke and injury prone Yao.

Ok, since this is like the 400th time I've read this...
Chuck Hayes.

</sentiment>
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
moofs
General Manager
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#63 » by moofs » Sun May 10, 2009 4:41 pm

Kobe1986 wrote:good bye boys ur done now 4-1 book it...........

Get the hell off our board you damned troll. You've been a problem this entire series. Ohh wait, sorry, I mean this entire series AFTER you won a game. B-GAWWWWWWWWWK!
Morey 2020.

Kobe1986
Banned User

Post#64 » by Kobe1986 » Sun May 10, 2009 4:55 pm

warned for trolling...check your PM

-V-
moofs
General Manager

Post#65 » by moofs » Sun May 10, 2009 5:11 pm

Mmmhmmm. So do you like beating up crippled 4-year-olds on life support to prove your superiority as well?

"Oh cool, Yao Ming is injured, I'd better use the power of the internets to go into the middle of their fan base and tout my vicarious superiority over an entire city!"

You trumpet that ego, you! It's well-earned!

Sycophantic tribute to Kobe, the greatest basketball player whom could ever be imagined with a hundred thousand lifetimes and whose impeccable credentials need hymns sung of them for at least like 10 minutes hereafter!

There, happy? Now leave, and don't come back for the duration of the playoffs and/or ever, whichever comes last. You stand nothing to gain but getting yourself and others suspended.
Morey 2020.

Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#66 » by Baller 24 » Sun May 10, 2009 5:26 pm

:rofl: @ These Kobe groupies, god I know delusional--ist when I see them, these guys are like a cult.

Hey dude, what happened to the sweep, I want that option, LAKERS IN 4 DAMNIT!!
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark
cold5
Veteran
And1: 115

Post#67 » by cold5 » Sun May 10, 2009 5:38 pm

This really sucks. The basketball gods have damned these playoffs with superstar absences. Ginobili (not that I'm complaining about the Spurs being hurt), KG, jameer nelson, iverson, mcgrady, not to mention key role players like Powe or Mutombo. What the hell is it with these playoffs? I haven't seen such a crippled bunch for a while.
T-Wack
Banned User

Post#68 » by T-Wack » Sun May 10, 2009 9:08 pm

Kobe1986 wrote:moofs shut the hell up u fruit cake since we won a game ur team got lucky to win game 1 its was gona be 4-0 but its cool 4-1 is still str8

Good call.
TXSun
Sixth Man

Post#69 » by TXSun » Mon May 11, 2009 12:29 am

gotta believe guys. you guys have a chance after today's performance. you can do it!
"This is some bull $hit"
moofs
General Manager

Post#70 » by moofs » Mon May 11, 2009 12:51 am

T-Wack wrote:
Kobe1986 wrote:moofs shut the hell up u fruit cake since we won a game ur team got lucky to win game 1 its was gona be 4-0 but its cool 4-1 is still str8

Good call.

Sorry, I'll be quiet ;)
Morey 2020.

Kobe1986
Banned User

Post#71 » by Kobe1986 » Mon May 11, 2009 3:26 am

T-Wack wrote:

Good call.

last chance buddy...stop trolling or get suspended...your choice

-V-
HTown_TMac
General Manager
And1: 222

Post#72 » by HTown_TMac » Mon May 11, 2009 3:29 am

Kobe1986 wrote:
T-Wack wrote:

Good call.

its cool it was brooks night he was on fire. but la takes it now 4-2....

Do you realise that everytime you speak you are sticking your foot in your mouth?
www.atrilli.net <- music blog
T-Wack
Banned User

Post#73 » by T-Wack » Mon May 11, 2009 6:00 am

Kobe1986 wrote:
T-Wack wrote:

Good call.

its cool it was brooks night he was on fire. but la takes it now 4-2....

With a prophet like you calling it, I don't see how we stand a chance. You have been spot on so far with those predictions of yours, after all.
MigrainePatrol
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#74 » by MigrainePatrol » Mon May 11, 2009 7:14 am

LA Warrior wrote:Yao to the Lakers in 2010. He can ride the bench till the playoffs then come in and beast.

Ironically, this probably is what happens anyways. Phil and or Kobe might not be there though. When does Kobe's contract expire?
smapor
Sixth Man

Post#75 » by smapor » Mon May 11, 2009 1:13 pm

moofs wrote:
smapor wrote:editrockets for not having a backup C to cover 50 year old deke and injury prone Yao.

Chuck Hayes.

</sentiment>

Moof we use Chuck Hayes because we have no choice. Who else is going to play Center? Brian Cook.

I am not knocking on Hayes but in the playoffs, teams will expose the paint. Lakers will adjust, we seen games where Yao was in foul trouble and Rick refused to put in Deke, our defense got shredded up because Teams were just taking it to the hole.

Chuck Hayes in the middle is "No Choice option". Good for 1-2 games, but in a 7 game series adjustments will be made. I have no doubt Lakers will continue to attack the paint in Game 5.
moofs
General Manager

Post#76 » by moofs » Mon May 11, 2009 2:08 pm

smapor wrote:
moofs wrote:

Chuck Hayes.

</sentiment>

Moof we use Chuck Hayes because we have no choice. Who else is going to play Center? Brian Cook.

I am not knocking on Hayes but in the playoffs, teams will expose the paint. Lakers will adjust, we seen games where Yao was in foul trouble and Rick refused to put in Deke, our defense got shredded up because Teams were just taking it to the hole.

Chuck Hayes in the middle is "No Choice option". Good for 1-2 games, but in a 7 game series adjustments will be made. I have no doubt Lakers will continue to attack the paint in Game 5.

Yes, but at the start of the season, and even at the trade deadline, we had NO fiscal flexibility. Remember how we almost couldn't even sign Deke (or Wafer, or Landry) because we just didn't have the room to do so under the luxtax? I guarantee that for what Deke was making (813k), we don't get anywhere near that good a center from any other source. His injury was just unfortunate (when Barkley blew out his quadriceps tendon, I remember hearing in the medical report that it's a rare injury), and I can almost guarantee EXACTLY what the Rockets were trying to avoid by not playing him through the whole season. Chucky may not be the ideal backup center, but for the money he's a great third string backup. Our team just doesn't have the roster space to have 3 legit centers, really, very few teams do unless they have a bunch of F/C type guys, and those guys typically cost money (and also imo often aren't that good or are overrated), which we also don't have any more of. Chuck can still hold his own against most C's for stretches.
Morey 2020.

Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 579

Post#77 » by Vator » Mon May 11, 2009 2:31 pm

You guys are giving this guy too much attention...exactly what he wants. Next trolling post and he will receive a consequence so just click the report icon. Make sure it is a legit complaint though.
moofs
General Manager

Post#78 » by moofs » Mon May 11, 2009 2:46 pm

Aye aye, bos'n!
Morey 2020.

dartherus
Sophomore

Post#79 » by dartherus » Mon May 11, 2009 3:37 pm

jzmagik wrote:this sucks but i'm not suprised.. building around a injuryprone player is too much, we need to look for alternatives.

FO built a team around TWO INJURY PRONE players....

When I suggested about trading TMac a year ago, advicing about having 2 injury prone players, I was severely bashed by most people here....and now what?

No matter how inferior seems the player in exchange....A team willing for doing great things must look for no injury prone players....and for TEAMPLAYERS with at least average Basketball IQ (the opposite of Aaron Brooks or Artest)....
moofs
General Manager

Post#80 » by moofs » Mon May 11, 2009 4:43 pm

dartherus wrote:When I suggested about trading TMac a year ago, advicing about having 2 injury prone players, I was severely bashed by most people here....and now what?

No matter how inferior seems the player in exchange....A team willing for doing great things must look for no injury prone players....and for TEAMPLAYERS with at least average Basketball IQ (the opposite of Aaron Brooks or Artest)....

As was pressed at the time you brought that up, timing and fit are just as important. Yes, you're correct in that two injury prone players is bad and the situation needs to be changed. You're still overlooking that with the wrong timing or deal the overall situation could actually be degraded.

Not sure what I think about the deal in the wiretap. Mobley's going to be insured, so we'll cut 9m, but it still counts against our cap and so we'd essentially be taking on Larry Hughes at 21m (capwise, but only paid 12m) for the next two years. Yeccch.
Morey 2020.

Return to Houston Rockets