ImageImage

Game Thread: Your Houston Rockets at Portland 12/5/09

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

YaoZaii
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Re: Game Thread: Your Houston Rockets at Portland 12/5/09 

Post#166 » by YaoZaii » Sun Dec 6, 2009 5:49 am

Aaron Brooks wrote:If you guys are complaining about the officiating tonight, I suggest you guys skip the Cavs game.

haha no, we want to watch aaron brooks destroy lebron james.
TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#167 » by TMACFORMVP » Sun Dec 6, 2009 6:03 am

YaoZaii wrote:adelman should lay off ariza from guarding the other team's best player in crunch time..

Yeah, I didn't get why Ariza was on Roy for that final couple of possessions. It wasn't just once, or twice, but Roy consistently got around Ariza, and that killed us on the last couple of possessions. Granted Roy is just that good, we could have contained his dribble penetration better.
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#168 » by MaxRider » Sun Dec 6, 2009 7:30 am

TMACFORMVP wrote:
YaoZaii wrote:adelman should lay off ariza from guarding the other team's best player in crunch time..

Yeah, I didn't get why Ariza was on Roy for that final couple of possessions. It wasn't just once, or twice, but Roy consistently got around Ariza, and that killed us on the last couple of possessions. Granted Roy is just that good, we could have contained his dribble penetration better.

the last two shots were really tough shots
TheMan44
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#169 » by TheMan44 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 10:52 am

You really cannot blame Trevor for those tough Roy shots.

Roy is Roy. He is a poor-man's Kobe or LeBron.

When he is feeling it, trust me everything is gonna go down no matter what. It could have been Artest there guarding and you'd have the same Roy results.

Rockets will bounce back...
"Lead, follow, or get out of the way." -Thomas Paine
tha_rock220
General Manager
And1: 564

Post#170 » by tha_rock220 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 7:21 pm

Sunsman44 wrote:You really cannot blame Trevor for those tough Roy shots.

Roy is Roy. He is a poor-man's Kobe or LeBron.

When he is feeling it, trust me everything is gonna go down no matter what. It could have been Artest there guarding and you'd have the same Roy results.

Rockets will bounce back...

Yeah, Roy made a tough shot, but he got to the basket because Ariza was reaching for the steal. Battier would have just moved his feet to stay in front of him.
Luv those Knicks wrote:you were right
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#171 » by PDXKnight » Mon Dec 7, 2009 10:04 pm

I know I'm a bit late with the reply here, but Houston gave us everything we had, but they just happened to face a focused Portland team. The fact is the Blazers had lost 3 straight in blowout fashion (though the final scores may be a bit less ugly). Portland absolutely NEEDED to win against Houston and it took them everything they had to win by a single point. If I'm a Houston fan, I wouldn't be too worried about my team's performance against the Blazers considering that Roy had to play at his absolute best and Miller had to hit some crazy shots to keep Portland in this one. Best of luck Rockets fans, I'm loving Houston this season. Rick Adelman has once again proven that Portland should've never fired him 15 years ago...

Return to Houston Rockets