Moderator: theBigLip

Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Offensive Depth Chart Breakdown 

Post#1 » by Icness » Tue May 7, 2013 12:44 pm

How it stands after the draft:
http://www.detroitlionsdraft.com/2013/0 ... pth-chart/

When I wrote this up it really struck me how important Reggie Bush is to the offense.

Most heated camp battles will be for 4th WR spot and the two interior OL reserve spots. And yes, I do not expect Tony Scheffler to make the team.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,265

Re: Offensive Depth Chart Breakdown 

Post#2 » by Piston Pete » Tue May 7, 2013 7:45 pm

I see Fauria making Scheffler expendable. Although I don't value Williams as much as you do. Is it possible we keep Pettigrew, Scheffler, and Fauria?

The 6 WRs I'd like to keep = Calvin Johnson, Nate Burleson, Ryan Broyles, Mike Thomas, Corey Fuller, Devin Thomas. Last two in, IMO, are Mike Thomas and Durham

Why haven't we just cut Best by now? We all know he's not going to play, and I'd like to spend his salary of other holes sooner rather than later.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#3 » by Icness » Wed May 8, 2013 1:30 am

Nobody at Allen Park seems to want to do anything with finality on Best. I've heard there are insurance issues involved, I've heard Best refuses to retire & thinks he'll get clearance. RB Coach Curtis Modkins told me he was told to keep Best in mind when working up his rep chart, but that is probably just lip service. The Lions truly do like Best as a person and they're probably just doing the right thing by him to keep his hope alive.

I'm admittedly high on Williams. Your point is correct though, they could absolutely keep Scheffler, Pettigrew, and Fauria. I was not a big Fauria fan, he did very little to impress me at Shrine Week before he pulled a calf. At UCLA he got pampered for his name and it hindered his development IMO. There were several other late-round/UDFA TEs I liked more, but he definitely has a higher ceiling than most of those guys.

I'm secretly rooting for Devin Thomas to thrive in his home environment and prove he was once worth a 2nd round pick. Not holding my breath though.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,265

Post#4 » by Piston Pete » Wed May 8, 2013 2:09 am

Can we waive/cut Best and assuming he clears waivers - put him on the practice squad? Would this even be allowed under the CBA?

It sure would be nice to create some additional cap space to go after another (vet) WR to put opposite CJ and at the same time, teach Fuller "the ropes." A guy like Brandon Lloyd, perhaps?

I remember being pretty high on Devin Thomas out of MSU. I liked his combination of size, speed, after-the-catch ability, etc. What happened to him? Mental issues?

TE spot -- any chance we keep all 4 guys - PGrew, Scheff, Williams, and Fauria and finally scrap the FB?

Return to Detroit Lions