Lions vs Vikings 1pm EST

Moderator: theBigLip

Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Re: Lions vs Vikings 1pm EST 

Post#21 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:46 am

ajaX82 wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:i just read that pettigrew apparently had a great night blocking when he wasn't dropping balls and fumbling.

As a receiver he was so useless though. I really dislike Pettigrew

I truly hope Fauria is TE1 going forward. In the red zone it isn't even fair to throw him a jump ball

but how is fauria blocking? don't underrate a good blocker.
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,265

Post#22 » by Piston Pete » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:35 pm

Honestly, Fauria's blocking in games has not been bad at all.....although the coaches were less than impressed with his blocking in camp (drills, practices?).

But we definitely need a middle-of-the-field weapon to keep opposing D's honest. And I've gotten to the point where I cringe whenever Pettigrew gets the ball (whenever he doesn't drop it) because he fumbles way too much and too easily.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#23 » by Blkbrd671 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:38 am

Piston Pete wrote:Honestly, Fauria's blocking in games has not been bad at all.....although the coaches were less than impressed with his blocking in camp (drills, practices?).

But we definitely need a middle-of-the-field weapon to keep opposing D's honest. And I've gotten to the point where I cringe whenever Pettigrew gets the ball (whenever he doesn't drop it) because he fumbles way too much and too easily.

I think Broyles is that middle of the field threat once healthy. We also need to keep Bush on his feet as long as possible, i don't think Fauria provides that lie pettigrew
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,265

Post#24 » by Piston Pete » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:42 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:
Piston Pete wrote:Honestly, Fauria's blocking in games has not been bad at all.....although the coaches were less than impressed with his blocking in camp (drills, practices?).

I think Broyles is that middle of the field threat once healthy. We also need to keep Bush on his feet as long as possible, i don't think Fauria provides that lie pettigrew

Pettigrew or not, Bush won't last thru this entire season....as evidenced by him already being banged up with Pettigrew in there blocking.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#25 » by Blkbrd671 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:05 am

Piston Pete wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:

Pettigrew or not, Bush won't last thru this entire season....as evidenced by him already being banged up with Pettigrew in there blocking.

??????? its football. he played through all that last game, making a prediction like that based on 1 game is premature. there is concern
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#26 » by Blkbrd671 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:06 am

I thought you'd guys enjoy this. Herm Edwards on Suh while on Mike and Mike. Really great listen.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9661554

ajaX82 wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:i just read that pettigrew apparently had a great night blocking when he wasn't dropping balls and fumbling.

As a receiver he was so useless though. I really dislike Pettigrew

I truly hope Fauria is TE1 going forward. In the red zone it isn't even fair to throw him a jump ball

Return to Detroit Lions