Moderator: theBigLip

Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Lions sign Richardson, cut Scheffler 

Post#1 » by Icness » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:45 pm

I covered it here:
http://www.detroitlionsdraft.com/?p=2090

Not really surprised that Scheffler was cut, Fauria does his role better and cheaper.

The interesting thing to me is that now the Lions are going forward with just two tight ends. Not quite sure how to interpret that yet.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Re: Lions sign Richardson, cut Scheffler 

Post#2 » by ajaX82 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:03 am

Is Michael Williams on track to return this year? What happened to Will Heller as well?
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#3 » by Icness » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:49 pm

Williams is on IR with his broken hand. He's an IR stash, wasn't ready to play. He'll be the blocking TE next year.

Honestly I have no idea if Heller is even playing anymore. He's at least 32 and I haven't seen his name on the tryout listings at all.

With the bye coming up I would expect a tight end to join the team. Could be Dorin Dickerson back again, though he did not impress the coaches in his brief stint last week. Couldn't pick up the playbook quickly.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,265

Post#4 » by Piston Pete » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:51 pm

With him falling out of favor in Washington, I wonder what it would take to get Fred Davis via trade.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#5 » by Blkbrd671 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:41 pm

Icness wrote:Williams is on IR with his broken hand. He's an IR stash, wasn't ready to play. He'll be the blocking TE next year.

Honestly I have no idea if Heller is even playing anymore. He's at least 32 and I haven't seen his name on the tryout listings at all.

With the bye coming up I would expect a tight end to join the team. Could be Dorin Dickerson back again, though he did not impress the coaches in his brief stint last week. Couldn't pick up the playbook quickly.

besides the need for a roster spot, why didn't we trade Tony as oppose to cutting him? or did we gage the interst around the league and there was none
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,265

Post#6 » by Piston Pete » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:44 pm

Scheff seems like a good fit in NE.....but to my knowledge, nobody has picked him up yet. Maybe he still has concussion issues?

Just for fun and a quick laugh, check out his pic here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7810/

Return to Detroit Lions