ImageImageImageImage

Mikel Leshoure likes pot (Arrests thread)

Moderator: theBigLip

Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Re: Mikel Leshoure likes pot 

Post#21 » by Blkbrd671 » Thu Jun 7, 2012 12:44 am

Icness wrote:Fairley is a complete immature imbecile. If the Lions had any balls or sense of just how badly the players are out of control they'd cut his sorry butt.

Leshoure is looking at 4 games, Fairley could get suspended for as many as 8. He also faces the very real possibility of not being allowed to leave his home with the probation violation and fleeing charges. He could play in Detroit but not travel.

That pick is going to haunt the Lions for years. They could have had Mike Pouncey (who they liked a lot), Nate Solder (weren't going to take him that high though), Prince Amukamara (again, would have traded back), or Jimmy Smith (definite possibility at 13). There wasn't one person at Auburn that had Fairley's back regarding character, not one. He owed his agent and others more than his rookie contract could ever pay even before the Combine. Clearly all about the $$, just look at his Auburn career before his final season, he was a marginal starter on an iffy defense. Schwartz overestimated his locker room and his own ability to keep the troops in order. Playoff teams cannot afford to blow top 15 picks on obvious busts like that. Send the message now and waive him; it's not like he will ever offer anything to this team.

This just made me super depressed

could we trade him?
TSE
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#22 » by TSE » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:07 pm

The mere suggestion to trade him would just signal to other teams that we value him even less than they presently think we value him. It would be very unlikely to find a good deal for him. Boom or bust, this fortune cookie is ours and ours alone.
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,265

Post#23 » by Piston Pete » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:41 am

Leshoure got a 2 game suspension from the NFL.

I wonder what Fairley will get.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#24 » by ajaX82 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:16 am

Piston Pete wrote:Leshoure got a 2 game suspension from the NFL.

I wonder what Fairley will get.

I'm fine with it. 2 games sucks, but we will survive.

Fairley will get obviously get more, but I'm not sure I have a good guess. 4 games minimum is my thought. It's too bad, because he keeps getting mentioned as having a good offseason on the field and looking good in mini-camp. He just needs to stay outta trouble. I know Jeff thinks he will never have a good game in his career, but I have high hopes for the lad
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by ajaX82 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:17 pm

Berry decides to get arrested for a DUI. Great. It may not be fair, but it's time to send the message; gotta cut him
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#26 » by Blkbrd671 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:18 am

Can we afford it?
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by ajaX82 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:23 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:Can we afford it?

We have a boatload of CBs so yeah, we can. You gotta draw the line somewhere and whether or not that should have been Fairley, now is the time

Adjusted the thread title Ice to make this a team wide arrests thread *sigh*
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Re: Mikel Leshoure likes pot (Arrests thread) 

Post#28 » by Blkbrd671 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:34 am

Well if we cut him, then what message is that sending. "since your not a high recent draft pick, your getting cut." what would be the justification for cutting him and not fairley.

i would think it would cause a lot more locker room drama.

and i'm not confident in our CB's yet. Per all news, we have a lot of raw talent
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#29 » by Icness » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:33 am

As much as I like Berry I would have cut him on the spot. I'm getting to the point where I think Schwartz might have to go, that he's unable to properly lead young men and build a sense of compliance and respect.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#30 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:29 am

Icness wrote:As much as I like Berry I would have cut him on the spot. I'm getting to the point where I think Schwartz might have to go, that he's unable to properly lead young men and build a sense of compliance and respect.

i would die if we could somehow coherse Cower out of retirement
Lionlifer
Rookie
And1: 626

Post#31 » by Lionlifer » Mon Jul 2, 2012 1:50 pm

Icness wrote:As much as I like Berry I would have cut him on the spot. I'm getting to the point where I think Schwartz might have to go, that he's unable to properly lead young men and build a sense of compliance and respect.

Hopefully he can turn it around, since we just gave him an extension.
2016 Pistons All Time Fantasy League Champ!
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#32 » by Icness » Mon Jul 2, 2012 3:29 pm

I am disappointed in the extension, though I read a good and fair article about it:
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2012/06/jim_schwartz_detroit_lions_bot.html

Personally I would have waited to see if Schwartz can get a handle on his players before extending him and then reward him for a 3-1 start with zero player arrests between now and October.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
TSE
Banned User

Post#33 » by TSE » Mon Jul 2, 2012 11:29 pm

I like the extension. I think Jim Schwartz is the right coach. He just lacks the support in some key areas and there's nothing fundamentally wrong with Schwartz other than the group is flawed because he's lacking what he needs whether he realizes it or not. So the downside is it is a waste of money and opportunity that carries a negative if in fact we don't fill in those proper support holes with a foundation to give him a fair platform to stand on as he climbs forward from here.

Give him better overall management of the players on the roster, make wiser more strategic decisions with improving the rest of the coaching staff and add new ones that should exist that flat out do not (severe deficiencies in both quality and quantity); and then Schwartz is a winner at the top of the NFL. He could end up being branded the greatest coach in history if he had enough of the right people around him. That's what I see for his possible future. It's up to Mr. Mayhew and/or Mr. Ford to make the right decisions from here to give him the best chance to excel to his maximum potential.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#34 » by Icness » Tue Jul 3, 2012 12:44 pm

A recent Lion gets busted:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bucs-cornerback-wright-arrested-los-211345561--nfl.html

Wright is already in the NFL's substance abuse program, so he'll get at least 4 games for his DUI.
kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 142

Post#35 » by kellmellus50 » Sat Jul 7, 2012 10:24 am

They should legalise pot in Detroit for healh reasons.

As for drinking the players need to hire a driver or call a taxi they can afford it.
Lionlifer
Rookie

Post#36 » by Lionlifer » Mon Jul 9, 2012 2:36 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:They should legalise pot in Detroit for healh reasons.

As for drinking the players need to hire a driver or call a taxi they can afford it.

I believe most teams provide drivers as needed, not sure if that applies in the off season though.
TSE
Banned User

Post#37 » by TSE » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:23 am

Yeah but the players I think still have to pay the cost, and why do that when you can drive yourself and have more of the cash that you are entitled to? Keep in mind that you are not a regular person but an unstoppable immortal that owns the world like every NFL player feels like when he's sober let alone drugged up.
Lionlifer
Rookie

Post#38 » by Lionlifer » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:18 pm

TSE wrote:Yeah but the players I think still have to pay the cost, and why do that when you can drive yourself and have more of the cash that you are entitled to? Keep in mind that you are not a regular person but an unstoppable immortal that owns the world like every NFL player feels like when he's sober let alone drugged up.

This is true, but the irony here is the DUI costs WWWWAAAAYYYYY more than the team provided ride
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by ajaX82 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:21 pm

Berry arrested again. He needs to be cut immediately, though I have my doubts that will occur
cochiseuofm
Veteran
And1: 609

Post#40 » by cochiseuofm » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:05 pm

ajaX82 wrote:Berry arrested again. He needs to be cut immediately, though I have my doubts that will occur

It did happen.

Return to Detroit Lions