Moderator: theBigLip

ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#41 » by ajaX82 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:55 am

GJense4181 wrote:oh DAMNIT.
we signed Marcus Robinson.
There's no way we draft Calvin Johnson now.

Ha, i dont think he is much of a threat to do anything.
GJense4181
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#42 » by GJense4181 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:40 am

ajaX82 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Ha, i dont think he is much of a threat to do anything.

Well, they re-signed Furrey to #2 money. He can't be much worse than a #3 for that kind of deal. Marcus Robinson is like #2 talent on a bad team (us). This Shaun MacDonald cat won't get cut because of his Martz connection (which is why Furrey is here to begin with).
I dunno. Adding a handful of receivers plus re-signing the breakout player from last year doesn't seem like we're looking to draft another one. Especially when we already have Roy.
Damn Millen for not thinking AHEAD. Calvin Johnson would set us up for FIFTEEN years of success.
Vinnie's Microwave
Senior
And1: 0

Post#43 » by Vinnie's Microwave » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:04 pm

freddy wrote:http://www.realgmfootball.com/src_wiretap_archives/4558/20070423/broncos_want_calvin_johnson/

Denver Post - Mike Shanahan, Ted Sundquist and Jim Goodman of the Broncos are so enamored with receiver Calvin Johnson that they have attempted to acquire a pick to get him twice. The first time, the Broncos proposed adding middle linebacker Al Wilson and their No. 21 overall pick as an extension to finalize a deal that sent Tatum Bell and George Foster to the Lions in exchange for Dr
lunarblues
Analyst

Post#44 » by lunarblues » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:56 am

SI.com's mock draft has you doing a trade with the falcons for their number 8 pick (along with other picks). then you pick up patrick willis.
Vinnie's Microwave
Senior

Post#45 » by Vinnie's Microwave » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:24 pm

I might be nuts...

When I read the news that Randy Moss can be had for a 2nd round pick - it kills me. I say that we offer our high 3rd round pick for Randy Moss. We then take Calvin Johnson anyway - and then sell him to the highest bidder. Or we take Moss and trade down to pickup Willis. I am not sure of the salary cap numbers - because we would have to pay Moss his salary - but Moss + Roy Williams + Furrey (slot) - unbelieveable.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by ajaX82 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:42 pm

All i know as of now is that this draft is gunna be nuts. We could draft JT, draft Adams, trade downa dn draft them, draft CJ, trade CJ, keep CJ....

The list goes on. Maybe Millen will make a good move for once....
Vinnie's Microwave
Senior

Post#47 » by Vinnie's Microwave » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:12 pm

ajaX82 wrote:All i know as of now is that this draft is gunna be nuts. We could draft JT, draft Adams, trade downa dn draft them, draft CJ, trade CJ, keep CJ....

The list goes on. Maybe Millen will make a good move for once....

Now there are reports that the Raiders might take Quinn. That is good for the Lions (on one hand) because they get to select Johnson or Russell. On the other hand it would be bad for Millen because he would have to make a decision.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by ajaX82 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:06 pm

Vinnie's Microwave wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Now there are reports that the Raiders might take Quinn. That is good for the Lions (on one hand) because they get to select Johnson or Russell. On the other hand it would be bad for Millen because he would have to make a decision.

Yea we dont want to force Matt to think too hard. Tough decisions = bad decisions
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

Post#49 » by roc » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:19 pm

I hope we take Drew Stanton...

What the hell is up with that stupid, annoying, spinning arrow graphic (I guess it fits with all the annoying people that work there) they are abusing on ESPN, what a crap network.
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
srt4b
Head Coach
And1: 93

Post#50 » by srt4b » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:39 am

Waht WR are we going to take in 2008 with the #2 pick? Seriously. AFter Frurrurruery is waived then re-signed then waived again, who will we take?
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#51 » by ajaX82 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:55 am

srt4b wrote:Waht WR are we going to take in 2008 with the #2 pick? Seriously. AFter Frurrurruery is waived then re-signed then waived again, who will we take?

Mario Manningham out of Michigan seems like next years first rounder. He even has the state ties for that bonus appeal that will make Matt fall in love.
PistonFan4Life
Rookie

Post#52 » by PistonFan4Life » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:30 pm

srt4b wrote:Waht WR are we going to take in 2008 with the #2 pick? Seriously. AFter Frurrurruery is waived then re-signed then waived again, who will we take?

Furrey will not be waived for one, he was signed to a nice contract and although I hate the amount of money Millen gave him maybe he will play a little at the CB position again like he did in St. Louis along with being the 3rd WR.

ajax82 wrote:Mario Manningham out of Michigan seems like next years first rounder. He even has the state ties for that bonus appeal that will make Matt fall in love.

Next years draft will have to focus on the defense, we still need to fix the secondary, having Bryant being the key DB this year scares me. However I wish everyone would stop hating on the CJ pick. Everyone is acting like thats the end of the world, but Millens biggest goof this year was the fact that he didn't take his 2nd round pick and move back up into the first round to draft either Quinn or Staley.

Return to Detroit Lions