ImageImageImageImage

Darren McFadden Trade?

Moderator: theBigLip

Goldtop
Banned User
And1: 165

Darren McFadden Trade? 

Post#1 » by Goldtop » Sun Feb 5, 2012 10:42 am

I read a comment on the espn nfc blog that the Lions are in talks with OAK to trade a 2nd round pick for DMC. They poster said 97.1 confirmed it. I hadn't listened to the radio all day and cant find anything online. Just wondering if anyone else has heard this and/or has a link?

That would be a huge pickup.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Re: Darren McFadden Trade? 

Post#2 » by Blkbrd671 » Mon Feb 6, 2012 5:47 am

Hard to believe that one of the leading rushers last year pre injury, would be availalbe for a second round pick
Goldtop
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#3 » by Goldtop » Mon Feb 6, 2012 8:57 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:Hard to believe that one of the leading rushers last year pre injury, would be availalbe for a second round pick

That was my initial reaction too. I have found reports online that he may be on the trading block though, w/ OAK seeking draft picks. No mention of the Lions though.

Apparantly his injury-prone-ness is their reason for possibly trading him, and with Michael Bush a FA they may not be able to afford to keep both. Plus, their new OC is supposed to be running a system that doesnt fit him or something like that.

A 2nd round pick is actually pretty high price for trades in the NFL. But I'm guessing his injury problems lower the value from what should be 1st round picks if he were healthy.

Problem for the Lions is they cant keep their own RB's healthy. I would think their goal would be to get a back with a history of durability, not the opposite. While a great talent, not sure adding another back who will be in/out with injuries all the time is what we need. But for a 2nd round pick I'd still take the gamble.
Sheeeeed
Starter
And1: 232

Post#4 » by Sheeeeed » Mon Feb 6, 2012 9:16 am

There were McFadden to the Lions rumors a couple of years ago too.

I guess its not too far fetched, but if they're shopping him I wouldn't be surprised if they were really asking for two 2nd rounders.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#5 » by Icness » Mon Feb 6, 2012 3:44 pm

McFadden is hitting a walk year and the Raiders know they cannot pay both him and Bush. Since Bush is up first, he gets to stay.

2nd rounder sounds like a prudent asking price for a guy with his injury history and the fact you're only getting him for a year. Not sure I would pull the trigger on that one.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#6 » by ajaX82 » Mon Feb 6, 2012 4:40 pm

Second rounders need to be spent on the OL or DBs, not an injury prone RB
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,265

Post#7 » by Piston Pete » Mon Feb 6, 2012 8:43 pm

Rather give them a mid-to-late rounder for Taiwan Jones.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#8 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Feb 7, 2012 7:38 am

Personally we currently have kevin smith, Leshoure, and Bell on the roster. i'm fine with those three. Ronnie brown i believe is a FA, i wouldn't mind grabbin him up for Training camp.

Additionally i'd rather keep our 2nd rounder and improve our LB,CB or OL.
TSE
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#9 » by TSE » Wed Feb 8, 2012 1:02 am

That trade would look better if LeShoure ends up busting, and the reverse if he ended up being the greatest RB ever. What will he actually do? Maybe we should wait before making a decision in the dark for a mystery value and spend out time, energy, and resources for a proposition that we believe is structured clearly in our favor.

Or we could also operate from the perspective that we need to get a lucky hit to fill a big need and RB is a good chance for that and therefore we take an assumptive posture that he will pan out since trying to be the #1 best team is much harder if you are dealing with a major handicap. If we can only qualify, beyond a reasonable doubt, to play in the big game by first being lucky enough to escape those big penalties of bad fortune, then our decision-making process would be improved by leaning towards the side that favors making such an assumption.

Pair that with the first perspective and that strengthens the argument of the position to pass on the trade for now.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#10 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Feb 8, 2012 6:43 am

TSE wrote:That trade would look better if LeShoure ends up busting, and the reverse if he ended up being the greatest RB ever. What will he actually do? Maybe we should wait before making a decision in the dark for a mystery value and spend out time, energy, and resources for a proposition that we believe is structured clearly in our favor.

Or we could also operate from the perspective that we need to get a lucky hit to fill a big need and RB is a good chance for that and therefore we take an assumptive posture that he will pan out since trying to be the #1 best team is much harder if you are dealing with a major handicap. If we can only qualify, beyond a reasonable doubt, to play in the big game by first being lucky enough to escape those big penalties of bad fortune, then our decision-making process would be improved by leaning towards the side that favors making such an assumption.

Pair that with the first perspective and that strengthens the argument of the position to pass on the trade for now.

Well you should have just said that
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,191

Post#11 » by ElectricMayhem » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:24 am

We have lots of question marks at RB, but there is a decent chance one of them will be adequately healthy enough to work out. We have more desperate areas of need that should be addressed with a 2nd.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!

Return to Detroit Lions