ImageImageImageImage

Moss

Moderator: theBigLip

Goldtop
Banned User
And1: 165

Moss 

Post#1 » by Goldtop » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:24 pm

Lions should be going after Moss. Why not?

He'd be a better #2 than Burleson, and in the Lions position cap-wise, these are the type of moves they should be after - former star veterans who now come cheap.

Just imagine Megatron on one side and Moss on the other. No longer could teams load up on Calvin. And if they do, you got Stafford to Moss in single coverage all day.

The Lions have said they are investing all their chips on offense into their passing game. Well, put your money where your mouth is, and make it potentially the greatest passing offense all-time.

Because he will likely come cheap, they'll still be able to upgrade their defense as needed. Getting Moss on a minimum type deal is an opportunity no team should pass.
Lionlifer
Rookie
And1: 626

Re: Moss 

Post#2 » by Lionlifer » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:48 pm

Pass, not worth the trouble, and I doubt he is as good as he thinks he is.

Plus, with his ego, I don't think he could deal with being the number 3 or 4 option. I'd bet Megatron, Pettigrew, and possibly Titus all get more looks than he would.
2016 Pistons All Time Fantasy League Champ!
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#3 » by chrbal » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:17 pm

God NO. If we were absolutely desperate at WR, maybe. But at best he would be a no.2 WR. You think his ego would allow that. He would quit on plays more then anyone has ever seen. Last time he was in the NFL he was cut by 3 teams. He wants to be back more for his ego, then for any desire to play. Also lockerroom chemistry would become a nightmare. Guys like Vanden Bosch wouldn't allow Moss to be here for long. Not worth the headache.
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,220

Post#4 » by ElectricMayhem » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:20 am

Goldtop wrote:Lions should be going after Moss. Why not?

He'd be a better #2 than Burleson,

I already disagree. If he makes it back in the NFL, I think he'll be in for a rude awakening. The guy was amazing, but he was carried by his unearthly skill and physical tools, not his work ethic and drive. A player can talk about working hard and keeping his heart/mind in it, but if you haven't done that throughout your career, you won't be able to sustain it. He's not all of the sudden going to become a team player who helps out wherever he can.

This was the correct answer on this year's SAT test.
143. Randy Moss : NFL

B) Allen Iverson : NBA
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!

Return to Detroit Lions