Lions @ Packers, SNF

Moderator: theBigLip

ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Lions @ Packers, SNF 

Post#1 » by ajaX82 » Sun Dec 9, 2012 2:58 am

The season of disappointment continues...
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Re: Lions @ Packers, SNF 

Post#2 » by Blkbrd671 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:17 am

i just hope our front four gets to rodgers, Stafford puts on a good performance. at least build some hype around this team.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#3 » by Blkbrd671 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:43 am

That was a sneak boot. i was looking at leshoure
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#4 » by Icness » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:02 am

Just about a perfect 1st quarter. OL looks good, DL getting pressure even though the RDEs are rushing up the field way too eagerly. Joique Bell providing a real lift. Held the ball almost 12 minutes, forced a red zone turnover.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#5 » by Icness » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:07 am

TD Scheffler after the brilliant one-hander by Kris Durham. Kris Durham?!
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#6 » by Icness » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:40 am

Nobody blows leads in more inventive or maddening ways than the Detroit Lions.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#7 » by Blkbrd671 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:57 pm

Fairley and Suh are really coming into their own. Its depressing that Fairley wasn't in shape earlier this season and he could have changed games as well as our outlook on the playoffs. The offense looked good and our running game looked just as good as our passing game.

Stafford is one of the main reason's we struggled and he needs to put in work this offseason if he wants to take that next step which he's very capable of doing. The fumble was on him and the Interception was absolutely horrible. He still misses easy passes he should make. Our OL looked really good as well.

One thing i hate about the lions is that majority of the time i feel we beat ourselves rather than what the other team did. We do it so consistently that we actually expect it and i actually called it yesterday after the 1st quarter.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#8 » by chrbal » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:01 am

Our Offensive Line looks really good in QB protection. They couldn't run block if their lives depended on it.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#9 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:20 am

chrbal wrote:Our Offensive Line looks really good in QB protection. They couldn't run block if their lives depended on it.

i think next year we'll have a different looking OL and Reiff seems to be a good run blocker
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#10 » by Icness » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:17 pm

Blkbrd671 wrote:Fairley and Suh are really coming into their own. Its depressing that Fairley wasn't in shape earlier this season and he could have changed games as well as our outlook on the playoffs. The offense looked good and our running game looked just as good as our passing game.

Stafford is one of the main reason's we struggled and he needs to put in work this offseason if he wants to take that next step which he's very capable of doing. The fumble was on him and the Interception was absolutely horrible. He still misses easy passes he should make. Our OL looked really good as well.

One thing i hate about the lions is that majority of the time i feel we beat ourselves rather than what the other team did. We do it so consistently that we actually expect it and i actually called it yesterday after the 1st quarter.

Agree on all accounts.

Stafford is so damn frustrating. All those sidearm and off-balance throws even when he's under zero pressure, it just has to stop.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#11 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:51 pm

Icness wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:Fairley and Suh are really coming into their own. Its depressing that Fairley wasn't in shape earlier this season and he could have changed games as well as our outlook on the playoffs. The offense looked good and our running game looked just as good as our passing game.

Agree on all accounts.

Stafford is so damn frustrating. All those sidearm and off-balance throws even when he's under zero pressure, it just has to stop.

Agreed

i don't mind Stafford Mechanics, i like that he can throw from any angle. It enables him to hit receivers from different angles. Like on a Corner blitz in the packers game, he dropped it down to side arm and hit his receiver. If he came over the top it would have been batted down. Its when he throws side arm and there is no pressure. or misses a big play with no pressure because he over throws.

*According to news reports, the interception apparently was duram's fault. he ran the wrong route? anyone have any idea on that?

also i thought Jonte Green looked decent. Couple misques but overall looked decent
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#12 » by ajaX82 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:18 am

^ Stafford mechanics are a mess, you are nuts. He's throwing from multiple arm slots and getting happy feet in the pocket. If he would just step up in the pocket and deliver in one consistent motion, I truly believe he would be playing at a much higher level and not regressing. There's nothing wrong with the occasional side-arm in an improvised situation, but it is happening often.

Altogether it is sadly time to start rooting for high draft picks again. It's too bad there is no chance of Schwartz being canned, because the lack of discipline or a coherent leader on this team is at times mind-numbing.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#13 » by Icness » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:12 am

If the Lions lose out, Schwartz might not survive. At minimum he is going to be forced to make some changes to his staff. Here's hoping the defensive staff gets a shakeup.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#14 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:40 am

ajaX82 wrote:^ Stafford mechanics are a mess, you are nuts. He's throwing from multiple arm slots and getting happy feet in the pocket. If he would just step up in the pocket and deliver in one consistent motion, I truly believe he would be playing at a much higher level and not regressing. There's nothing wrong with the occasional side-arm in an improvised situation, but it is happening often.

Altogether it is sadly time to start rooting for high draft picks again. It's too bad there is no chance of Schwartz being canned, because the lack of discipline or a coherent leader on this team is at times mind-numbing.

i don't think his arm slots have so much to do with his inaccuracy's as his foot work which i've always criticized. There's too many times where he throws off his back foot instead of stepping up. i don't believe that being able to throw from many different angles is a bad thing but rather not accurately making the throw. i say this because i'm a pitcher and i can accurately throw from different arms slots, my accuracy falls off when my motion is off , which has a lot to do with my feet placement.

Every game i'm hoping to win , but at the same time another win just means another that much further away from a better draft pick so at the same time i'm satisfied, but at the same time pissed because i know we have enough talent to be a playoff team.

if losing out means that schwartz gets fired, i am all for it. i like schwartz and the attitude he brings, but the lack of discipline and his lack discipline has hurt this teams growth and its obvious. What makes it worst is that all these analyst called it. While ppl think its a pipe dream to get Gruden. i think its something that is achievable. We are a team loaded with talent that needs molding. Something that gruden likes to do.

now excuse me while i hit this pipe
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#15 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:43 am

Icness wrote:If the Lions lose out, Schwartz might not survive. At minimum he is going to be forced to make some changes to his staff. Here's hoping the defensive staff gets a shakeup.

i don't quite understand the wide 9 defense or whatever it is called. all i know is for the past 2 years or so we've had a deep talented front 4 and been exposed particularly when it matters. I'm all for a change in the coaching staff, as long as it translates to better drafting of defensive players, scheme's that a year from now teams won't still be beating us on

Return to Detroit Lions