Dallas Lead Up

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Re: Dallas Lead Up 

Post#41 » by Treebeard » Wed Nov 9, 2022 1:33 pm

DrWood wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:I don't give a damn if it's the Cowboys, hoping for a loss here. All that matters right now is draft position and avoiding any more key long-term injuries.

Regarding Rodgers - I can see GB justify playing him until they are eliminated, even though I'd rather see Love. Once they are eliminated Love should be getting every snap regardless though.

we're one win out of the playoffs. They won't be eliminated until after the last few games.

Isn't that also counting on the currently better placed wildcard teams losing out the rest of the way and the Packers pretty much running the table? Or, is my math bad?

*edit* The Packers are still mathematically in it for now, but of course each Pack loss and a win by the teams currently above them closes the window even more.
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#42 » by Treebeard » Wed Nov 9, 2022 3:49 pm

On that playoff possibitliy note: here's a computer simulated projection for the odds of various teams for the playoffs (following week 9). It's click-bait, with some subjective calculations involved.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2022-nfl-playoff-picture-here-are-the-projected-postseason-chances-for-all-32-teams-heading-into-week-10/

NFC Playoff Projection

1. (NFC East Champion)
Eagles
The Eagles are the 29th team in the Super Bowl era to start 8-0 and the previous 28 all made the playoffs, which is probably why the computer view Philadelphia as a lock to get in. The Eagles currently have a 99.9% chance of getting to the postseason, which is currently the highest of any team. However, they're not a total lock to win the division: According to SportsLine, the Eagles have an 85.9% chance of winning the NFC East, which is waaaaaay ahead of the Cowboys (7.6%) and Giants (6.5%),

2. (NFC North Champion)
Vikings
Halfway through the season, the computer only views one team as an absolute lock to win its division and that team is the Minnesota Vikings (7-1). According to SportsLine, the Vikings have a 99.5% chance of winning the NFC North, which is the highest percentage of any division-leader in the NFL. Of course, Vikings fans probably don't feel too comfortable considering this team once started 5-0 and didn't make the playoffs (2016).

3. (NFC West Champion)
Seahawks
The Seahawks (6-3) are one of the biggest surprises of the NFL season and the computer thinks they're going to be able to ride this surprise all the way to the playoffs. According to SportsLine, the Seahawks have a 92.7% chance of getting to the postseason.

4. (NFC South Champion)
Buccaneers
The NFC South is the ugliest division in football right now and although the Bucs are currently tied for first with the Falcons, the computer thinks Tampa Bay (4-5) will end up running away with it. According to SportsLine, the Buccaneers have a 74.4% chance of winning the division. One thing working in the Buccaneers' favor is that they have the NFL's fourth-easiest schedule over the second half of the season. The Falcons have the second-easiest, but the computer thinks that Tampa Bay is a better team.

5. Wild Card 1
Cowboys
The Cowboys (6-2) haven't made consecutive trips to the playoffs since 2006 and 2007, but the computer thinks that drought is going to end this year. According to SportsLine, the Cowboys have a 97.9% chance of getting into the postseason, which is the highest percentage in the NFL for any non-division leading team.

6. Wild Card 2
Giants
The Giants haven't made the playoffs since 2016, but the computer thinks the drought is going to end this year. According to SportsLine, the Giants have a 92% chance of getting into the postseason. The computer likes the Giants' chances despite the fact that New York has the fourth-toughest remaining strength of schedule of any team in the NFL.

7. Wild Card 3
49ers
The 49ers are being given a 73.7% chance of getting in the postseason and the notable part here is that no other team below them is even being given a 25% chance. The computer doesn't seem to think that there's really a dark horse contender in the NFC. With nine weeks left to play in the season, this might sound crazy to say, but the computer thinks that all seven NFC playoff spots are more or less locked up.

Here's a list of the playoff chances for all the other NFC teams (their percentage chances of getting into the playoffs is listed next to them in parentheses): Falcons (22.6%), Saints (12.8%), Rams (9.9%), Commanders (7%), Packers (6.4%), Cardinals (4.9%), Bears (2%), Panthers (1.4%), Lions (0.6%).
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,187

Post#43 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Nov 9, 2022 3:53 pm

I just don't see the point. Running Rodgers out there so he can rack up some meaningless numbers in an already lost season benefits no one. The thumb injury is the perfect excuse to sit him and Love needs reps.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#44 » by MoMM » Wed Nov 9, 2022 5:17 pm

Sorry, but thumb injury is no excuse at this moment. If we were in the playoff race (or already guaranteed), it's OK, he needed to be 100% for the playoffs, but this season? It's no excuse, he has almost 1 year to heal for next season.
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,234

Post#45 » by PintSizedBox10 » Wed Nov 9, 2022 6:07 pm

;t=1405s

The offense is worse than you think.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#46 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Nov 9, 2022 8:04 pm

PintSizedBox10 wrote:;t=1405s

I don't know man, you might be underestimating how bad many of us think it is. :)

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,134

Post#47 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Nov 9, 2022 8:29 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,930

Post#48 » by ampd » Wed Nov 9, 2022 9:19 pm

My main takeaway from this is our WR coach needs to get fired right now. A lot of those mistakes are basic fundamentals of the position.

Second takeaway is our veteran pickup Watkins is one of the worst offenders, which just can't happen.

It's pretty obvious the play design isn't the problem, but the players ability to execute basic fundamentals is.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,977

Post#49 » by stillgotgame » Wed Nov 9, 2022 10:37 pm

Impressive breakdown. We truly suck.
Anyone else want to hire Kurt Warner?
Read on Twitter
?s=20
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#50 » by DrWood » Wed Nov 9, 2022 11:17 pm

Treebeard wrote:
DrWood wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:I don't give a damn if it's the Cowboys, hoping for a loss here. All that matters right now is draft position and avoiding any more key long-term injuries.

Regarding Rodgers - I can see GB justify playing him until they are eliminated, even though I'd rather see Love. Once they are eliminated Love should be getting every snap regardless though.

we're one win out of the playoffs. They won't be eliminated until after the last few games.

Isn't that also counting on the currently better placed wildcard teams losing out the rest of the way and the Packers pretty much running the table? Or, is my math bad?

*edit* The Packers are still mathematically in it for now, but of course each Pack loss and a win by the teams currently above them closes the window even more.

The last wildcard team has a 4-5 record. The pack is 3-6, so one game back. Technically they couldn't possibly be eliminated until after game 13.
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#51 » by Treebeard » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:46 pm

So.... who are the Packer's mostly likely WR's Sunday? Lazard, Toure', Watson, Watkins, Winfree?? And if Lazard and Watson get sidelined due to injuries, who's next up? *edit* Well Watkins is as likely to get hurt again too as he is to make the right play.....

Also, IF Amari can't go, does Hill take his place on returns, or will it be Nixon?
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#52 » by MoMM » Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:25 am

They should run a promo/contest and have a fan as WR next game.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,321

Post#53 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:22 am

Love season plz
Do it for Chuck

Return to Green Bay Packers