ImageImage

Titans Lead Up

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Re: Titans Lead Up 

Post#21 » by Treebeard » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:52 am

My two cents on the remaining W/L = 3 wins (Rams, Vikes, Lions), and 4 losses (Titans, Eagles, Bears, Fins). No science to it, just gut feel. Miss the playoffs. That would leave them with a 7-10 Record.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,514

Post#22 » by HKPackFan » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:25 am

While I'm watching the game, its impossible for me to root for a loss, not in my DNA. Yet when they lose logically I know it's better for the tank. I'm definitely on team tank even if I'm not able to root against them while the game is on.

It's not just the first round pick but, you are the getting higher picks every round.

You get two shots at a top 50 player. 10-15th pick overall and a again 40-50th overall. I remember many years looking back at some awesome stud players we missed on and noticing they went in that 40-50th overall range. We normally don't have a pick there. We have the 28th - 30th pick and then the 60th.

We usually have 1 shot at a top 50 player and that's it. Having the ability to grab a guy early in the first/second/third rounds are real advantages. If we missed in that 1st round that was our only shot at one of top 50 best players in the draft. Sure we can find other diamonds elsewhere in the draft but it's just a lot easier the more shots you have at the top of the draft.

Also you don't have to give up picks to move up. You pick at guy at 28 and don't have another pick until 60 and there's so much talent between 35-50 and you know your fav guy isn't going to make it to 60. So you move up. So you lose a pick and double hurts if he's a miss and you have an even bigger gap if you gave up a 3rd. Now you literally have only 2 tries at top 120 picks where you know there's a ton of talent.

But a decent tank gets you a 10-15/40-50/70-80/ slots. We normally don't have access to talent that goes these ranges.

Good luck to the Pack against the Titans, but tanking I think is a better strategy, this team DOES NOT have the horses to be a contender.
#FreeChuckDiesel
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,723

Post#23 » by th87 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:18 am

No reason this team can't get hot.

If OL play improves, we commit to the run, and Watson can build on his performance, we have a puncher's chance. The Bengals were lucky to be in the SB last year, and we can be too.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,875

Post#24 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:38 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Yesterday would have been the definition of a good loss. Rodgers looked...better? Not great and not within a galaxy of his MVP level, but not terrible.

Rodgers was "not terrible"? :lol: You really do hate the guy.

Also LOL for thinking the Packer would possibly use a top 5 pick on a WR.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,875

Post#25 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:40 am

People (not just here) wanting a high draft pick are the same people who say you don't need to draft WRs in the 1st round when you can get as good/better ones in later rounds.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,301

Post#26 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:17 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:People (not just here) wanting a high draft pick are the same people who say you don't need to draft WRs in the 1st round when you can get as good/better ones in later rounds.

I said they would have that option with a high pick. I also mentioned OLB, DE/DT, or TE.
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#27 » by Treebeard » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:21 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:People (not just here) wanting a high draft pick are the same people who say you don't need to draft WRs in the 1st round when you can get as good/better ones in later rounds.

I said they would have that option with a high pick. I also mentioned OLB, DE/DT, or TE.

I'd add Safety as well, even though that's another choice that might generate a riot among the fan base. Rudy Ford had a career game, but can he be productive week-in-week-out? Savage is probably gone. Amos may be gone, CAP casualty or Father Time concern. So, who takes Savage and Amos place?

Also, O Line, depending on what's to be done with Bahktiari and Jenkins
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#28 » by Treebeard » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:26 pm

I hate watching the Packers lose, and I will always pull for them to win, but I'm more philosophical about losses than I used to be.

I still think they cocked up big time in not trading Rogers earlier and took on the rebuild then. Now, the rebuild is going to be with nearly a new line up, so the fast turnaround idea is deeply flawed, in my mind.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,731

Post#29 » by JayMKE » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:35 pm

I don’t ever root for the Packers to lose or have such an axe to grind with Rodgers that I can’t enjoy his success, imagine how insufferable the howling from these people would be if Love didn’t look like such a bust that it could get Gute/MLF fired. If the team can peak at the right time and make the playoffs anything can happen, not worried about that.
FREE GIANNIS
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,134

Post#30 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:55 pm

I love football but I hate Thursday night football.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#31 » by Profound23 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:28 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Yesterday would have been the definition of a good loss. Rodgers looked...better? Not great and not within a galaxy of his MVP level, but not terrible.

Yeah, no matter what you think of Rodgers this was his best game of the year. Even most of his incomplete balls were thrown in perfect spots.

The fact that he kept going back to Watson after two huge drops saved us. If he pulls the old "Watson made two mistakes so I can't look his way" again, we get blown out. Too bad Doubs isn't out there. I don't have much faith for this year but I was hoping Rodgers/Watson/Doubs could build chemistry and give us one more big year from Rodgers in 2023-24 before he rides off into the sunset on a good note.
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#32 » by Flames24Rulz » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:32 pm

Profound23 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:

Yeah, no matter what you think of Rodgers this was his best game of the year. Even most of his incomplete balls were thrown in perfect spots.

The fact that he kept going back to Watson after two huge drops saved us. If he pulls the old "Watson made two mistakes so I can't look his way" again, we get blown out. Too bad Doubs isn't out there. I don't have much faith for this year but I was hoping Rodgers/Watson/Doubs could build chemistry and give us one more big year from Rodgers in 2023-24 before he rides off into the sunset on a good note.

His only real bad throw I thought was that third down throw right before the 4th down TD to Watson. Other than that, I thought he was great on Sunday.
Swan Vox
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,917

Post#33 » by Swan Vox » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:39 pm

Think we can trust Watson as a fantasy option this week? Thursday games are alway rough, but man he blew up last week.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,134

Post#34 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:24 pm

I imagine Watson will get a lot more defensive attention than he did from Dallas.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,234

Post#35 » by PintSizedBox10 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:29 pm

Tennessee is great against the run. Might need the passing game to step it up again.

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#36 » by Treebeard » Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:38 pm

PintSizedBox10 wrote:Tennessee is great against the run. Might need the passing game to step it up again.

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app

Watson, Toure, Tonyan, Deguara I think are the fully fit. Cobb may be back, but while Lazard played Sunday, he's still got a bad wing.

How well does Tennesse cover backfield screens? Jones is still the most reliable reciever of the bunch.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,487

Post#37 » by neiLz » Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:57 pm

Schedule W / Must L
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,506

Post#38 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:20 am

MickeyDavis wrote:I love football but I hate Thursday night football.

Read on Twitter

Does this make your skin crawl? :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#39 » by DrWood » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:38 am

MickeyDavis wrote:I can't imagine watching the game, any game, hoping for a loss. **** that. **** draft position. Tons of busts all over the draft. Let's lose and draft another Mandarich second or Hawk fifth. **** that. I'm under no illusion that this is a good team right now. But I watch football for enjoyment. I enjoyed the hell out of the game yesterday and I hope to have more wins this season.

So if you don't have faith in your ability to select the right guy, you trade down and get more shots in the 2nd-4th round.
Wisky4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,079

Post#40 » by Wisky4life » Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:52 pm

Must lose for the love of draft picks, but we win by 10.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
“We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” –Jason Kidd

Return to Green Bay Packers