Game 7: Vikings at Packers - 10/29 - Noon

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,303

Re: Game 7: Vikings at Packers - 10/29 - Noon 

Post#341 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Nov 1, 2023 2:53 pm

skones wrote:lol, ok man. Thanks for not making any point at all and refusing to clarify your statement then I guess.

I didn't think this was a controversial statement:

Lots of teams with Not Hall of Fame QBs can scheme receivers open.

And you wanted me to list the hundreds of WRs who fit this criteria? LOL, do it yourself.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#342 » by skones » Wed Nov 1, 2023 2:54 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
skones wrote:lol, ok man. Thanks for not making any point at all and refusing to clarify your statement then I guess.

And you wanted me to list the hundreds of WRs who fit this criteria? LOL.

Dude, you listed zero examples and refused to clarify the point you're trying to make with that statement and you're the one inserting an "lol" in all caps? :roll:
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#343 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Nov 1, 2023 2:56 pm

skones wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Dude, you listed zero examples and refused to clarify the point you're trying to make with that statement and you're the one inserting an "lol" in all caps? :roll:

What needs clarifying? It's a simple statement. You don't need hall of fame QBs to scheme receivers open. What is it about that statement that you don't understand?
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,190

Post#344 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Nov 1, 2023 2:58 pm

Yes, Love has been bad, Watson has been bad. You spending all this time chastising even the people who are just trying to provide historical and data-driven context as "you're just making excuses" and then you come up with this gem essentially shifting the blame for Watson being a drop machine to Love.

*insert that's the joke meme*
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,190

Post#345 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Nov 1, 2023 3:27 pm

I absolutely despise quoting Minnesota dope Mike Florio on anything, but given I assume he watched the whole game, he may have the most measured and succinct take of all the national guys I've seen recently in this week's power rankings:

It’s too early to give up on Jordan Love, but it’s not too early to start thinking about whether he’s the answer.
skones
RealGM

Post#346 » by skones » Wed Nov 1, 2023 3:39 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Yes, Love has been bad, Watson has been bad. You spending all this time chastising even the people who are just trying to provide historical and data-driven context as "you're just making excuses" and then you come up with this gem essentially shifting the blame for Watson being a drop machine to Love.

*insert that's the joke meme*

Nah, I didn't shift blame at all. There's a reason the second part of that statement was, "I'm not a Watson guy." Watson is also not good, but when a QB consistently misses throws, you can't even take advantage of the easy ones that should be your staples.

But sure, where's this "historical data driven context?" The way I see it, when you look at the "historical data driven context" as it pertains to Love, it says he blows. This "historical data driven context" keeps being thrown out week to week and shifted into another metric because the previous metric used shows, again, that he blows. It's grasping at straws in a descent to madness.
skones
RealGM

Post#347 » by skones » Wed Nov 1, 2023 3:40 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
skones wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

What needs clarifying? It's a simple statement. You don't need hall of fame QBs to scheme receivers open. What is it about that statement that you don't understand?

This is really simple, but let me ask it in a way that's succinct. How are receivers being schemed open with non-HOF QBs relevant here? Give me examples of comparable pairings that make that statement applicable to our situation and this discussion.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#348 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Nov 1, 2023 3:54 pm

skones wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
skones wrote:

This is really simple, but let me ask it in a way that's succinct. How are receivers being schemed open with non-HOF QBs relevant here? Give me examples of comparable pairings that make that statement applicable to our situation and this discussion.

Look out what Downs did last week.

He's Bourne running wide open.

MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,135

Post#349 » by MVP2110 » Wed Nov 1, 2023 3:58 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I absolutely despise quoting Minnesota dope Mike Florio on anything, but given I assume he watched the whole game, he may have the most measured and succinct take of all the national guys I've seen recently in this week's power rankings:

It’s too early to give up on Jordan Love, but it’s not too early to start thinking about whether he’s the answer.

Yea I think this is the perfect phrasing. Love certainly isn't stopping me from drafting a QB high if one of the top guys are available to be taken. But I also think it's too early to write him off as a total bust, he hasn't been good but I don't think he's been awful and trying to see if he can grow with the young guys around him is fine as long as you aren't actively avoiding drafting a better qb prospect because of him
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
skones
RealGM

Post#350 » by skones » Wed Nov 1, 2023 4:05 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:

Just to be clear, your response to my asking a very succinct question, is Josh Downs (who is better than anyone we have right now), Gardner Minshew who has a demonstrated track record of being better than Jordan Love has, and one game?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#351 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Nov 1, 2023 4:08 pm

skones wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Just to be clear, your response to my asking a very succinct question, is Josh Downs (who is better than anyone we have right now), Gardner Minshew who has a demonstrated track record of being better than Jordan Love has, and one game?

A career backup QB and a rookie 3rd round WR isn't applicable? Okay I'm done here. You're not being remotely serious.
skones
RealGM

Post#352 » by skones » Wed Nov 1, 2023 4:14 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
skones wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

A career backup QB and a rookie 3rd round WR isn't applicable? Okay I'm done here. You're not being remotely serious.

You've again neglected to answer in any meaningful way. This isn't hard. Clarify instead of using round about statements to avoid doing so.

I'm not assigning how good a player is solely by draft round or the "career backup" label. What Garner Minshew did his rookie year vs Love's now FOURTH makes this look embarrassing. That's how bad Love has been.

And now draft round is the predicator of talent now? Are we going to act like playing across from Michael Pittman doesn't also matter a great deal here? We took an Amari Rogers dumpster fire in the third. Puka Nacua was drafted in the 5th round this year. I'm not being remotely serious? If that's your actual argument you're just being entirely disingenuous.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,041

Post#353 » by BUCKnation » Thu Nov 2, 2023 12:26 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Feels like some of the Love blame game is kind of just determining is he could be OK vs terrible when it doesn't really matter unless he's actually good. And I don't know how anyone can watch his misses and think he'll be better than OK.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app

This is it. There is a lot of incompetence that is not helping and muddying the picture, but he doesn't seem like he'll be in that top tier of qb's and if you end up with a top 3 pick, you have to seriously consider (and probably do) moving on.

All this to say, if you are still in the top 3 pick race by the end of the year, I think the picture is clear.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,902

Post#354 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Nov 2, 2023 1:31 pm

BUCKnation wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Feels like some of the Love blame game is kind of just determining is he could be OK vs terrible when it doesn't really matter unless he's actually good. And I don't know how anyone can watch his misses and think he'll be better than OK.

This is it. There is a lot of incompetence that is not helping and muddying the picture, but he doesn't seem like he'll be in that top tier of qb's and if you end up with a top 3 pick, you have to seriously consider (and probably do) moving on.

All this to say, if you are still in the top 3 pick race by the end of the year, I think the picture is clear.

I would have a really hard time taking Maye over MHJ, no matter how badly Love plays the rest of the season. But I certainly wouldn't think twice about Love if Maye is the BPA, or if the Packers somehow pick #1.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.

Return to Green Bay Packers