Welcome, Introduce yourself

Moderator: HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,165

Welcome, Introduce yourself 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Mon Apr 2, 2007 7:59 am

The Atlanta Braves forum has arrived, so let's start things off with some introductions and provide us with some inforation about yourself if you feel like it.

Please look over the realgm rules below so you can have a better understanding about the rules and if you have any question please feel free to ask.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/football/viewtopic.php?t=1
Pai Gow
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#2 » by Pai Gow » Mon Apr 2, 2007 9:13 am

I'll probably be a regular here, I'm a hardcore Jazz, Brave and Broncos fan so the new forums are really awesome for me now I don't have to go to the dreadful ESPN boards anymore.

I live in Utah and watch the games with TBS.. unfortunately I cannot afford MLB extra innings, or whatever they call it, but I keep up-to-date to the best of my abilities.

My favorite player is definately Druw, but I'm also lovin Chip, Frenchy, McCann, Smoltz and Huddy. I'm just prayin for postseason and for God's sake a bullpen.
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,334

Post#3 » by MagicMadness » Mon Apr 2, 2007 9:43 am

I've been a Braves fan since the '91 World Series. Now, before anyone accuses me of being a bandwagon fan who jumped onboard because they became successful, realize that watching the '91 WS as a little kid with my dad - an Atlanta native - is what got me into both the Braves and the game of baseball. The success of the team coincidentally came around the same age I was getting into sports in general. Right around the same time, I became a Magic fan and also an Atlanta Falcons fan (Deion Sanders was the man).

I have favorite Braves players who have come and gone over the years, but my all-time favorites are Hank Aaron and Warren Spahn. I also have an interest in both Braves and MLB history.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by HMFFL » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:40 pm

nc21tarheels wrote:I'm Keith. From Asheville NC. I'm 24. Just posting to get to know some of you. Most of you are probably Hawks fans, but I'm not so I don't know any of you ATL posters. :) Welcome.

Already had a "welcome" sticky, thanks.
lpsevier
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#5 » by lpsevier » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:53 pm

Psyched about the forum, life long Bravos fan.
Wade3Iverson
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#6 » by Wade3Iverson » Mon Apr 2, 2007 6:38 pm

Excited!!!!
The best engine in the world is the vagina -- started with one finger, self-lubricating, takes any size piston and changes it's own oil every month. Pitty it's so temperamental
PitchBlue
Pro Prospect
And1: 29

Post#7 » by PitchBlue » Mon Apr 2, 2007 6:50 pm

I'm a south florida guy, i live in Miami, I love the Heat and the Dolphins, but the Braves have always been my favorite team (i dislike the Marlins) ...i started watching them in 1987 when i was 9 and they were terrible, lol. Back in the Dale Murphy, Rich Mahler, Andres Thomas days... i will always stick by the Braves no matter what.
nc21tarheels
Head Coach

Post#8 » by nc21tarheels » Mon Apr 2, 2007 9:36 pm

HMFFL wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Already had a "welcome" sticky, thanks.

sorry about that bro. It was early this morning and I logged in before going to work.... :wink:
Here's My Tribute to KG...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 9879863077
Gone.....but NEVER forgotten!
utjazzfan4life
Banned User
And1: 33

Post#9 » by utjazzfan4life » Mon Apr 2, 2007 9:55 pm

Orginally from Russia, I'm a hardcore Utah Jazz and Braves fan. Lived in Atlanta for 5 years, until I moved to Cali where now I go to all the Braves games when they are playing the Giants. Started following the Braves around 1995, and Ive loved em ever since.

Go Braves :P
magicfan217
Lead Assistant
And1: 985

Post#10 » by magicfan217 » Tue Apr 3, 2007 3:14 am

Just so happens that i've been looking for a place to discuss braves baseball. I've been on RealGM for a while so im obviously a huge fan of the NBA and as you can tell from my name the Orlando Magic. Baseball and the Braves were my first love, i guess you could say. Im sure I will be a regular on this board and look forward to getting to know some other Braves fans!
bech01a1
Senior

Post#11 » by bech01a1 » Tue Apr 3, 2007 5:02 pm

I've been a braves fan since around 89-90. I am a life long resident of the Philadelphia area, my entire family is Phillies fans, but I was young and wanted to pick my own team, and since the braves were the only other team always on TV (thank you tbs) I began to watch them. I became a huge fan of Ron Gant, and have been a braves fan ever since.
A-Town Connection
Bench Warmer

Post#12 » by A-Town Connection » Tue Apr 3, 2007 10:57 pm

Been a huge braves fan my entire life( drilled in by both my parents). Big colts, mavs, Hogs( U of A) and Vols( UT) fan. Look forward to the new board
Mjburne
Ballboy

Post#13 » by Mjburne » Wed Apr 4, 2007 7:25 pm

Been a Braves fan since I started watching TV when I was probably 7. So back in 92. Not a bandwagon member... I love braves, hawks, falcons, and Thrashers. Die hard Braves and Hawks fan. I live in Atlanta so I go to a lot of games... glad they finally have an MLB forum.
H Bomb13
Junior

Post#14 » by H Bomb13 » Wed Apr 4, 2007 9:20 pm

Hello everyone,
I just found out that they had boards for baseball on realgm. I post occasionally on realgm for the Hawks, but I mostly just read stuff. I am a diehard Braves fan, but sadly I am at Southern Methodist University in Dallas (the unfortunate home of the Bush library), so it is hard to get games that are not on TBS. I am excited about this upcoming season, and I look forward to contributing to the board.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#15 » by HMFFL » Thu Apr 5, 2007 3:07 pm

^

Glad you made it over H Bomb.

Now we can have our own forum for just the Falcons and not some sticky at the Hawks forum.
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#16 » by Lord Commander » Thu Apr 5, 2007 6:29 pm

Huge METS fan here. Been following the team my whole life. Loved that we finally shook you guys off last year. Hoping to do the same in '07 :)
BiggMann
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#17 » by BiggMann » Thu Apr 5, 2007 8:02 pm

What up ya'll..

Been a huge braves fan since i can remember, ever since the Dale Murphy days.

It's tough following the braves every move living out here in Utah but hopefully this forum willl keep me up to date.

Go Braves... Go Jazz!! :lol:
Bye Bye Sloan, Good Riddance Deron. Hello new Era in Jazz Basketball.
utjazzfan4life
Banned User
And1: 33

Post#18 » by utjazzfan4life » Sat Apr 7, 2007 8:10 pm

BiggMann wrote:What up ya'll..

Go Braves... Go Jazz!! :lol:

QFT! :D
Mardy2Curry
Junior

Post#19 » by Mardy2Curry » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:49 pm

Hello, been a huge braves fan since I started watching them at the age of 12 in the world Series when I was officially introduced to baseball. As unlike most of you guys I picked up playing and watching baseball late. Have followed them all the way through while living here in the NY/NJ area. Have had MLB league pass past two seasons and am looking forward to coming in here and chatting with you guys about our team. The streak was ended but its never too late to start another one.
KB 34
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#20 » by KB 34 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:39 am

Been a Braves fan since 1997 or so. It's sort of strange since I live in Wisconsin and the Braves left Wisconsin years before I was born. I write a Braves column I call Braves Bias and when I'm bored I do crazy things like creating my own baseball statistic which I have named KB production.

Return to Atlanta Braves