ImageImage

Lions Lead up - SNF

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,038

Re: Lions Lead up 

Post#21 » by BUCKnation » Mon Jan 2, 2023 3:08 pm

Now that were in the position that we are, that 5 game losing stretch in the middle of the year was so annoying.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,954

Post#22 » by XtremeDunkz » Mon Jan 2, 2023 4:11 pm

DrWood wrote:For the first time in 5 games, I'll say: Go Pack!
Which means they're probably going to lose.
Nah anyone that's been crying to tank can stay outta here

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#23 » by MoMM » Mon Jan 2, 2023 4:13 pm

Their d# is really bad, so all we need to do is to stop their o#. Somehow we will manage to score points with Nixon and Watson.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#24 » by Treebeard » Mon Jan 2, 2023 4:34 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:

You're the self-appointed arbiter of the best path for the Packers future? Good to know..... :lol:
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,386

Post#25 » by MoreTrife » Mon Jan 2, 2023 4:44 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Read on Twitter

When did Rodgers talk trash?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,133

Post#26 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jan 2, 2023 5:01 pm

He didn't
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,382

Post#27 » by RiotPunch » Mon Jan 2, 2023 5:08 pm

Let your freak flag fly, Jamaal.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,133

Post#28 » by MVP2110 » Mon Jan 2, 2023 6:23 pm

I'll admit I was on team tank for a few weeks, that changed Christmas morning after everything broke the Packers way. I didn't see this run coming & certainly didn't see every other NFC team collapsing. I'll completely eat crow on that.

I do feel like Packer fans seem to be overlooking Detroit, they are a good team. If the Packers do happen to lose this week it will basically have been worst case scenario for the team this year, mortgage the future & miss the playoffs by 1 game while finding out nothing about Jordan Love & missing out on a top pick. Considering how much they mortgaged the future the only way this season is a success is with a SB victory. That said here's to hoping they beat Detroit & go on a magical playoff run
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#29 » by WRau1 » Mon Jan 2, 2023 8:40 pm

I've been on the tank wagon because we desperately need another game breaking talent, preferably on as tiny of a contract as possible, like a rookie deal. Winning these games has been fun but it's all for nothing if we don't beat a much improved DET team that beat us already this season. Then again, MIN beat us earlier this year too and we just stomped them out.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,296

Post#30 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jan 2, 2023 9:05 pm

Read on Twitter
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,977

Post#31 » by stillgotgame » Mon Jan 2, 2023 10:02 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Seachickens game against the Rams will be over about an hour before kickoff at Lambeau. They'll be heavy favorites against the Rams, and should knock the Kittens(Lions) out of the playoffs.

NFL didn't give a damn about Detroit, they just want the TV ratings.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
ColeWorld23
Sixth Man
And1: 708

Post#32 » by ColeWorld23 » Mon Jan 2, 2023 11:12 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Read on Twitter

He reminds me so much of Thundercat always good vibes.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Re: Lions Lead up - SNF 

Post#33 » by trwi7 » Mon Jan 2, 2023 11:27 pm

Sweet. Gonna be dragging my ass on Monday. Thanks NFL!
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,782

Re: Lions Lead up - SNF 

Post#34 » by ReginaldDwight » Tue Jan 3, 2023 1:50 am

Lots of people upset this is on SNF. Its a no brainer to put this on Sunday night.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#35 » by DrWood » Tue Jan 3, 2023 2:09 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful and intelligent.
DrWood
Head Coach

Post#36 » by DrWood » Tue Jan 3, 2023 2:13 am

MVP2110 wrote:I'll admit I was on team tank for a few weeks, that changed Christmas morning after everything broke the Packers way. I didn't see this run coming & certainly didn't see every other NFC team collapsing. I'll completely eat crow on that.

I do feel like Packer fans seem to be overlooking Detroit, they are a good team. If the Packers do happen to lose this week it will basically have been worst case scenario for the team this year, mortgage the future & miss the playoffs by 1 game while finding out nothing about Jordan Love & missing out on a top pick. Considering how much they mortgaged the future the only way this season is a success is with a SB victory. That said here's to hoping they beat Detroit & go on a magical playoff run

I think you're exaggerating things.
Being one game out of the playoffs is probably the worst case scenario. Getting into the playoffs and beating MN or SF in the first round would be pretty sweet, even if they lose in the second round.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,133

Post#37 » by MVP2110 » Tue Jan 3, 2023 3:55 am

DrWood wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:I'll admit I was on team tank for a few weeks, that changed Christmas morning after everything broke the Packers way. I didn't see this run coming & certainly didn't see every other NFC team collapsing. I'll completely eat crow on that.

Being one game out of the playoffs is probably the worst case scenario. Getting into the playoffs and beating MN or SF in the first round would be pretty sweet, even if they lose in the second round.

You don't mortgage the future to lose in the second round. That would be a failure
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
DrWood
Head Coach

Post#38 » by DrWood » Tue Jan 3, 2023 7:46 am

MVP2110 wrote:
DrWood wrote:

You don't mortgage the future to lose in the second round. That would be a failure

Mortgaging the future seems to be an exaggeration, as does failure. If the only thing that counts as a win is a super bowl win, you might as well quit. You set things up to get a chance at a super bowl; that's all you can control.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#39 » by MoMM » Tue Jan 3, 2023 10:28 am

MVP2110 wrote:
DrWood wrote:

What mortgage are you talking about?

Paying lot of money to Aaron? What's the problem with that? He is the current MVP in this league and in 3 years his contract will be finished if he stays with us, if he leaves earlier, we will have 1 year of dead cap and then the future is OK.

Ok, maybe it was about trading him last season for draft picks? Those picks would be on top of ours, so it's something extra, we still have our own picks, it's not like we traded all of our future picks for veterans trying to win the SB, so no future mortgage.

Perhaps it's about having a 3rd overall pick instead of a mid first round? Could it be higher? Yes. Would it be better? Probably. However we still have a mid first round pick which is the average that all the teams have, so not a super problem, right? I wouldn't call it mortgaging the future.

Perhaps not knowing about Love? Are you talking about the fans not knowing about him? Because I am completely sure that our management knows what they have on him. If he was the next Mahomes, they would already found a way to play him and trade Aaron anywhere else. They made a bet drafting him because they thought it worth back in time, especially because Rodgers was declining. The bet didn't turn out good and most of us didn't agree with that back in time, but that ship has already sailed, time to move on, we spent a late first on him and that's it. How many QBs were drafted in the Top5 in the last 5 years that are almost gone (or gone) of this league?

To sum up, in the worst case we are delaying some kind of rebuild by 1-3 years, but meanwhile we are still watching HoF Rodgers playing for us with a good support cast and some chance to win the SB.

My tip to you? Just live the present, enjoy the wins, suffer with the heart breaking loses, because no one knows about the future and it could take a generation to find another HoF QB, just look at our Division rivals.
the_urre14
Ballboy
And1: 37

Post#40 » by the_urre14 » Tue Jan 3, 2023 11:07 am

MoMM wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:
DrWood wrote:I think you're exaggerating things.

What mortgage are you talking about?

Paying lot of money to Aaron? What's the problem with that? He is the current MVP in this league and in 3 years his contract will be finished if he stays with us, if he leaves earlier, we will have 1 year of dead cap and then the future is OK.

Ok, maybe it was about trading him last season for draft picks? Those picks would be on top of ours, so it's something extra, we still have our own picks, it's not like we traded all of our future picks for veterans trying to win the SB, so no future mortgage.

Perhaps it's about having a 3rd overall pick instead of a mid first round? Could it be higher? Yes. Would it be better? Probably. However we still have a mid first round pick which is the average that all the teams have, so not a super problem, right? I wouldn't call it mortgaging the future.

Perhaps not knowing about Love? Are you talking about the fans not knowing about him? Because I am completely sure that our management knows what they have on him. If he was the next Mahomes, they would already found a way to play him and trade Aaron anywhere else. They made a bet drafting him because they thought it worth back in time, especially because Rodgers was declining. The bet didn't turn out good and most of us didn't agree with that back in time, but that ship has already sailed, time to move on, we spent a late first on him and that's it. How many QBs were drafted in the Top5 in the last 5 years that are almost gone (or gone) of this league?

To sum up, in the worst case we are delaying some kind of rebuild by 1-3 years, but meanwhile we are still watching HoF Rodgers playing for us with a good support cast and some chance to win the SB.

My tip to you? Just live the present, enjoy the wins, suffer with the heart breaking loses, because no one knows about the future and it could take a generation to find another HoF QB, just look at our Division rivals.

100%. Mortaging the future would be to do what the Rams did, trading all your draft capital and doing an "all-in" to go championship or bust. The Packers just extended the back-2-back MVP of the league. We might go to the Wild Card and lose in San Francisco. We might even los vs the Lions and miss the playoffs. I don´t care. I enjoyed this last run of being alive till the last minute and playing meaningful games in late december. And yet, if we make it as the 7th seed, I bet every single team in the NFC would prefer to play against the Lions or the Seahawks rather than facing the Packers.

Return to Green Bay Packers