ImageImage

Bears Lead-Up - Watson OUT; Doubs Questionable

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Re: Bears Lead-Up 

Post#21 » by skones » Wed Sep 6, 2023 6:33 pm

MVP2110 wrote:If Watson & Doubs both have to miss this game then I'm switching to picking the Bears

I think Reed and Musgrave are both DUDES, so I'm not as worried. I DO think Watson goes even if limited but I don't expect Doubs.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,133

Post#22 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Sep 6, 2023 6:34 pm

Watson SMH
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,994

Post#23 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Sep 6, 2023 6:57 pm

Having a relatively healthy training camp only for both Doubs and Watson to miss week 1 would be highly annoying.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,134

Post#24 » by MVP2110 » Wed Sep 6, 2023 7:00 pm

skones wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:If Watson & Doubs both have to miss this game then I'm switching to picking the Bears

I think Reed and Musgrave are both DUDES, so I'm not as worried. I DO think Watson goes even if limited but I don't expect Doubs.

If we go into week 1 with a brand new starting QB and a WR group of Reed, Heath, Toure, & Wicks it would take one of the best coaching jobs ever by MLF to win imo. Now part of that is I'm much lower on Reed than you are but even if Reed is a stud I can't imagine he balls out in week 1 as the #1 option
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,386

Post#25 » by MoreTrife » Wed Sep 6, 2023 7:10 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Watson SMH

I think that's going to be his career story. EVERY time I saw him get tackled last year I cringed. He has no idea how to minimize the impact on himself. He got DRILLED whenever he got hit and he's a pretty slight guy. I mean, Davante, he RARELY got full throttle hits (except when concussed). Watson is clueless in that regard, just tall skinny getting hit by freight trains.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,297

Post#26 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Sep 6, 2023 7:16 pm

Read on Twitter
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,273

Post#27 » by dbrodz7 » Wed Sep 6, 2023 7:30 pm

The wait for 3PM to disclose Waton's injury is so stupid, what an advantage we are going to have over the Bears since they'll find out 45 minutes later!
Misery loves company
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,994

Post#28 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Sep 6, 2023 7:32 pm

Also if Bakhtiari is not practicing just because he's not going to practice then fine but if he we have to do another season of "will he play or will he miss three straight games because his knee is sore" i'm going to get sick of that so damn fast. He barely participated in training camp to begin with.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Sep 6, 2023 8:18 pm

Watson's got a hammy.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by MVP2110 » Wed Sep 6, 2023 8:18 pm

If Watson & Doubs can't go then Toure & Deguara would be the only non rookie pass catchers for Love.
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Sep 6, 2023 8:24 pm

MVP2110 wrote:If Watson & Doubs can't go then Toure & Deguara would be the only non rookie pass catchers for Love.

Dillon and Jones are both very capable pass catchers.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#32 » by skones » Wed Sep 6, 2023 9:02 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
skones wrote:

If we go into week 1 with a brand new starting QB and a WR group of Reed, Heath, Toure, & Wicks it would take one of the best coaching jobs ever by MLF to win imo. Now part of that is I'm much lower on Reed than you are but even if Reed is a stud I can't imagine he balls out in week 1 as the #1 option

I guess I don't think so because there's a combination of factors. Among them:
1) The Bears are the Bears
2) Our Defense
3) Jones + Dillon
4) I don't think we were going to come out throwing the ball 35+ times in game 1 anyway.
5) Reed, even as a rookie, is a lot more polished than he's probably given credit

I don't think we have to do anything special to beat this Bears team, just enough to keep them honest.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by MVP2110 » Wed Sep 6, 2023 9:05 pm

skones wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:
skones wrote:

I guess I don't think so because there's a combination of factors. Among them:
1) The Bears are the Bears
2) Our Defense
3) Jones + Dillon
4) I don't think we were going to come out throwing the ball 35+ times in game 1 anyway.
5) Reed, even as a rookie, is a lot more polished than he's probably given credit

I don't think we have to do anything special to beat this Bears team, just enough to keep them honest.

The Bears were favored in this game before Watson & Doubs were possibly going to miss it. Now I'm not saying the game is unwinnable but I certainly wouldn't put us as favorites in that scenario. A 1st time starting QB basically throwing to an entire pass catching unit of rookies is a tough situation to be in.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,176

Post#34 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Sep 6, 2023 9:53 pm

The oddsmakers have been all sorts of drunk in regards to the Packers this offseason. Pretty sure Draft Kings still has us finishing dead last in the division and behind the Bears, which is absolutely absurd when you look at the two rosters. I think it's pretty clear that casual fans/bettors and even a ton of analysts are just idiots who didn't watch the team at all last season and just assumed that Rodgers was propping up a mediocre roster rather than the reality of it being the complete opposite...
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Sep 6, 2023 10:02 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:The oddsmakers have been all sorts of drunk in regards to the Packers this offseason. Pretty sure Draft Kings still has us finishing dead last in the division and behind the Bears, which is absolutely absurd when you look at the two rosters. I think it's pretty clear that casual fans/bettors and even a ton of analysts are just idiots who didn't watch the team at all last season and just assumed that Rodgers was propping up a mediocre roster rather than the reality of it being the complete opposite...

I noticed yester that ESPN's FPI, whatever that is, has the Packers ranked in the mid-20s and last in the division.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,176

Post#36 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Sep 6, 2023 10:11 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:The oddsmakers have been all sorts of drunk in regards to the Packers this offseason. Pretty sure Draft Kings still has us finishing dead last in the division and behind the Bears, which is absolutely absurd when you look at the two rosters. I think it's pretty clear that casual fans/bettors and even a ton of analysts are just idiots who didn't watch the team at all last season and just assumed that Rodgers was propping up a mediocre roster rather than the reality of it being the complete opposite...

I noticed yester that ESPN's FPI, whatever that is, has the Packers ranked in the mid-20s and last in the division.

On the plus side, this might finally be the year I bet on sports lol. Hammering the over on the Love props (3,499 yards and 21.5 TD's) also seems like a decent bet.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#37 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Sep 6, 2023 10:13 pm

Shrug who knows. I'm optimistic but it wouldn't exactly shock me if Love and the Packers were terrible this season.

What 40 years of NFL fanning has taught me is you don't know **** about these QB until you see them in real situations for at least a few games but really a whole season.

So at this point all the optimists or pessimists are doing is guessing.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by MVP2110 » Wed Sep 6, 2023 10:17 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Shrug who knows. I'm optimistic but it wouldn't exactly shock me if Love and the Packers were terrible this season.

What 40 years of NFL fanning has taught me is you don't know **** about these QB until you see them in real situations for at least a few games but really a whole season.

So at this point all the optimists or pessimists are doing is guessing.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app

I think this is a great way of putting it. We are all completely guessing right now. We could go win 11 games or 6 games, both are very much in the realm of possibility. We don't know yet if any of Love or the rookies will be good and that's most of our team. They might be or they might not
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#39 » by Treebeard » Wed Sep 6, 2023 10:45 pm

To paraphrase from Big Bang Theory: we have Shroedingers Cat in this years Packers - at this point.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,133

Post#40 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Sep 6, 2023 10:53 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Green Bay Packers