MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,132

Re: Lions LeadUp 

Post#21 » by MVP2110 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:01 pm

crkone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Someone reads this forum...

Fwiw I believe the league average last year was 46% so hopefully regression to the mean Will help here. Although Reed was really bad at contested catches in college so not sure how much better he'll actually get. But Watson & Doubs I have confidence in that they can grab a jump ball more often than not
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,344

Post#22 » by crkone » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:03 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
crkone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Fwiw I believe the league average last year was 46% so hopefully regression to the mean Will help here. Although Reed was really bad at contested catches in college so not sure how much better he'll actually get. But Watson & Doubs I have confidence in that they can grab a jump ball more often than not

I think they'll also get better at turning contested catches into non-contested catches.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,289

Post#23 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:23 pm

crkone wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:
crkone wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think they'll also get better at turning contested catches into non-contested catches.

Tank for Keon Coleman.
Read on Twitter

imo.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,994

Post#24 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:25 pm

So if Watson doesn't go this week he could've just been put on IR in the first place, missed the required 4 games that he is on the verge of missing anyway, and we would've had an extra roster spot. Maybe more annoying to me personally than it being a huge deal but still an extra roster spot is an extra roster spot.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,165

Post#25 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:31 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:So if Watson doesn't go this week he could've just been put on IR in the first place, missed the required 4 games that he is on the verge of missing anyway, and we would've had an extra roster spot. Maybe more annoying to me personally than it being a huge deal but still an extra roster spot is an extra roster spot.

There was a podcast quote a while back (can't remember if it was LOP or Blue 58) where the host said something along the lines of "hearing that there's some frustration/questions about Watson's preparation/toughness", and it's kinda stuck with me. I'm not saying it's a thing, and of course there's differing degrees of severity with hamstring injuries, but it's just something to monitor going forward.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,994

Post#26 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:34 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:So if Watson doesn't go this week he could've just been put on IR in the first place, missed the required 4 games that he is on the verge of missing anyway, and we would've had an extra roster spot. Maybe more annoying to me personally than it being a huge deal but still an extra roster spot is an extra roster spot.

There was a podcast quote a while back (can't remember if it was LOP or Blue 58) where the host said something along the lines of "hearing that there's some frustration/questions about Watson's preparation/toughness", and it's kinda stuck with me. I'm not saying it's a thing, and of course there's differing degrees of severity with hamstring injuries, but it's at least worth monitoring.

Yeah who knows what's going on and obviously hamstring injuries can be tricky but it certainly doesn't seem like the Packers were anticipating him being out this long.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#27 » by skones » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:36 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:

There was a podcast quote a while back (can't remember if it was LOP or Blue 58) where the host said something along the lines of "hearing that there's some frustration/questions about Watson's preparation/toughness", and it's kinda stuck with me. I'm not saying it's a thing, and of course there's differing degrees of severity with hamstring injuries, but it's just something to monitor going forward.

I think you also have to look at his slim build coupled with his freakish testing numbers and consider that maybe he's just one of those guys who will have trouble staying healthy long term. Every time he took a hit last year, you almost cringed because because of his build, and maybe the speed he moves with and the explosion that comes along with it makes him prone to soft tissue stuff. This issue isn't exactly new. We dealt with the same thing last season.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,113

Post#28 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:39 pm

Not looking good for Watson. Bahk doesn't practice regardless. Campbell will be out for sure. Sounds like Alexander may be out again. Hopefully Tom isn't out, our OL is a mess.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,165

Post#29 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:49 pm

Just get Jones back and I like our chances. We can't keep getting nothing from the run game and putting everything on Love.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#30 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:54 pm

What happened to Tom? I must have missed that. Getting to a critical level with Oline injuries. Packers actually are lucky to have decent depth but at some point it reaches the 'you're ****' level.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
skones
RealGM

Post#31 » by skones » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:08 pm

Think I'd expect Watson and Jones to both be a go Thursday. Everything I've read indicates Watson was a true GTD on Sunday and it feels like we're being conservative there more than him not practicing if there was practice rather than this being an indictment on his status on Thursday.

If he doesn't practice tomorrow, then yeah, sure, probably not a great sign.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#32 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:08 pm

11 days off after this one and then a bye after the Raiders game. Hopefully we can then have a relatively healthy team.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#33 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:10 pm

Read on Twitter
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,487

Post#34 » by neiLz » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:50 pm

Hoping we get a few of the injured guys back. I think packers were being a little cautious and sat some of those guys with hopes of them playing thursday. If not, then they have a LONG break until they play the raiders. Just want this team to be healthy for a single game. :-)
skones
RealGM

Post#35 » by skones » Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:02 pm

The Lions offensive line is in shambles. Hopefully Gary and Co can knock Goff around a bit and make him feel uncomfortable and turn this into a grind for them.
drdrG
Bench Warmer
And1: 833

Post#36 » by drdrG » Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:41 pm

Thought 2-2 would have been a solid start. A win Thursday would see the Packers first in the division with the Vikings and Bears already out of it. That would be an amazing start, especially with the injuries.

Playing with house money
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,607

Post#37 » by Frank Nova » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:42 am

What is up with Watson? I know the set back stuff was denied by MLF but he’s going in the opposite direction now and it really makes me wonder if that stuff was overblown like they said or what.. I don’t mind being cautious but I’m very anxious to see him in the offense. Doubs, Reed and Musgrave are proving to be a legit passing attack and a game breaker like Cwat takes us to another level Im insanely excited about.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,762

Post#38 » by chonestown » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:26 pm

Frank Nova wrote:What is up with Watson? I know the set back stuff was denied by MLF but he’s going in the opposite direction now and it really makes me wonder if that stuff was overblown like they said or what.. I don’t mind being cautious but I’m very anxious to see him in the offense. Doubs, Reed and Musgrave are proving to be a legit passing attack and a game breaker like Cwat takes us to another level Im insanely excited about.

Hamstring injury
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,407

Post#39 » by M-C-G » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:29 pm

Frank Nova wrote:What is up with Watson?

I was watching a YT fantasy football show where they had a sports doctor on to talk about injuries. He said something I had never heard before, that your nerve in your leg will always allow your hamstring to get destroyed before it will risk itself being injured.

So for some people that seem to have chronic hamstrings, it may actually be related to their nerve. I'm not expert on this but just something I hadn't really ever heard before and it feels like maybe Watson falls into this category, possibly?
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#40 » by Treebeard » Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:11 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:What happened to Tom? I must have missed that. Getting to a critical level with Oline injuries. Packers actually are lucky to have decent depth but at some point it reaches the 'you're ****' level.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app

Knee. As no definite info has been released, maybe a day-to-day thing?

Return to Green Bay Packers